Relegation - Merged

Amo69

Aston Villa and Wolves are the only clubs not fighting. Teams who do not fight deserve to go down.

This x 1 Billion !!!!

Tbh I think villa deserve to along with Wigan and Blackburn cause the football is painful to watch. Oh how Villa have fallen not only in players quality but managerial personnel to....

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the club goes down then it will be the game all the other teams want to win. They will all look at the fixture list for when Aston Villa are coming to town. Every teams highest attendance will be for the game against aston villa. The kings of the division in the same way newcastle were 2 years ago.

Look I am just trying to look at positives of relegation for when the inevitable happens next season.

Would you really say that is a positive though?

All the teams treating our games as a cup final is surely going to make it harder for us to get promotion. It's kind of happened with West Ham this season, with their team you'd expect them to get automatic promotion fairly easily. But everyone plays up against them because of their club size. I fear the same would happen to us if we go down.

Still, I'm about 90% sure we won't go down this season. Doing a pessimistic BBC predictor, I still had us safe getting 2 draws and 6 losses!

If we all think the same,or if a lot of us think the same maybe we can influence the league table ?

So how do you predict the bottom 6 positions will be at the end of the season ?

If enough of us think we can ecsape the drop, then maybe we will.

Also can someone change this into a poll ? I don't know how to do that.

Here are my picks.

15th ... Blackburn

16th ... Aston Villa

17th ... Wigan

18th ...Bolton

19th ...QPR

20th ... Wolves

Mcleish saying Nzogbia could be back for the weekend - which is a boost. And Jenas could play a part in the run in.

Dunne will be back for WBA game as well

Oh ****.

Just when you think it can't get any worse ... :mrgreen:

Wolves not so many, others around 33, wigan 36 and stayed up. I had us getting some draws :)

My Villa forecasts are (no wins in the remaining games!):

Liverpool away ­ LOSE

Stoke home ­ DRAW

Manchester United away ­ LOSE

Sunderland home ­ DRAW

Bolton home ­ DRAW

Albion away ­ DRAW

Spurs home ­ LOSE

Norwich away ­ DRAW

I've done an assessment on all the other teams below Villa, and I come up with the following final places (Wolves not gaining any additional points i.m.o.):

15 Villa PROJECTED POINTS TOTAL: 38

16 Blackburn PROJECTED POINTS TOTAL: 37

17 Bolton PROJECTED POINTS TOTAL: 36

----------------------------------------------

18 QPR PROJECTED POINTS TOTAL: 34

19 Wigan PROJECTED POINTS TOTAL: 33

20 Wolves PROJECTED POINTS TOTAL: 22

Premier League Aston Villa 2-4 Chelsea

Sat 31 Mar

Premier League Arsenal 3-0 Aston Villa

Sat 24 Mar

Premier League Aston Villa 1-0 Fulham

Sat 10 Mar

Premier League Blackburn 1-1 Aston Villa

Sat 3 Mar

Premier League Wigan 0-0 Aston Villa

Sat 25 Feb

Premier League Aston Villa 0-1 Man City

Sun 12 Feb

So, after RBD got injured against Citeh, we kept a clean sheet the very next game, away at Wigan with a load of kids playing. WE then conceded just the 1 away at Blackburn to get another draw. Next game after that, another clean sheet, and a 1-0 win.

Then we've played 2 form teams from the top end of the table, 1 away and 1 at home, both of which we would expect to concede goals in, and not win, especially given the loss of Carlos for the Chelsea game and the amount of kids we had playing.

So Yes, IMO things have looked considerably better defensively since RBD got injured.

I think it was no better no worse, we'd have maybe still got the draws, and still lost to arsenal and chelsea, so no difference tbh.

we kept 2 cleanies immediately after he was gone. Impossible to say if we'd have got those with him, but my belief is that we wouldn't, given what went before.

So, after RBD got injured against Citeh, we kept a clean sheet the very next game, away at Wigan with a load of kids playing. WE then conceded just the 1 away at Blackburn to get another draw. Next game after that, another clean sheet, and a 1-0 win.

them 3 teams had less than 10 attacks between them. I could have played vs Fulham that day