Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

2-0 down so take off your attacking midfielder.

10 minutes later, with only minutes left, finally take off one of your defensive midfielders and put on, you guessed it, an attacking mid.

McLeish is constantly one step behind, we are lumping the ball forward, as much as I hate Heskey, he should have been the final substituion.

Doesnt know what he is doing.

what we have here is a championship team playing in the premiership.......and it aint swansea.

Wrong

What we have is a manager with no tactical nous against a manager who can make his team turn up and play football.

I think it's a bit of both to be fair.

We have sold our best players and we have an average manager. Recipe for disaster...

what we have here is a championship team playing in the premiership.......and it aint swansea.

Wrong

What we have is a manager with no tactical nous against a manager who can make his team turn up and play football.

I think it's a bit of both to be fair.

We have sold our best players and we have an average manager. Recipe for disaster...

Rodgers is doing well with supposed average players, Martinez gets his team playing and fighting.

We have a manager who can do neither.

And we have some decent talent too.

Question: Whilst the win against Chelsea was pleasing, and we certainly needed the three points - would it have perhaps been a good thing to lose it as the pressure on Big ecKnobhead would have been higher after todays game.

fans booing mcleish for bringing ireland off...

but i think hes done exactly the right thing...

alby on the wing and gab up front....

this should have been the team from the start

Personally, I think you are completely wrong. Ireland was our best player in the Chelski win and, when we play 4-3-3/4-5-1 we have to match it because we don't have a mobile enough central pairing to match up to a 3 man CM and we don't have a striker that can drop off effectively. If we play 4-4-2 we end up with:

------------ Stan --- Clark -------------

Zog ------------------------------- Gab

----------- Big Gap --------------

------------ Gabby -- Bent -------------

However, I would be pissed off I was any of the front 3 to lose my place to Bent after the last performance. Bent should have started on the bench until there was a bad performance that opened a door for him. No-one should walk straight back in to the team.

our best performances this year have been when we played 442 with 2 wingers on the pitch...

IMO 451 has brought nothing but huge gaps and headless chickens....

strange how fans can see things so differently!

Chelski???

I mean 4-5-1 without Heskey as one of the 5!!