Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

We can hold on to this 2-0 defeat at home to Swansea if we keep enough men behind the ball.

So true it is laughable. I have switched off.

Just went to read the comments from pro-Mcleish fans after the Chelsea game, boasting about how right they were.

Fun times.

I'd have taken Bent off. I know most of us have forgotten he's even on the pitch.

Probably because we don't have a clue how to get the ball to him?

He had plenty of the ball in the first half, in Swansea's third too, but he's allergic to buildup play of course.

We knew that when we bought him. He's a finisher. A fox in the box.

We are getting schooled here. I'd have liked so see us try to play like Swansea do. We might have if Martinez had said yes. :(

Yeah, instead we have anti-football and some of the worst I have ever seen from any team.

We're full of attacking talent and instead play football like a pub team.

fans booing mcleish for bringing ireland off...

but i think hes done exactly the right thing...

alby on the wing and gab up front....

this should have been the team from the start

Personally, I think you are completely wrong. Ireland was our best player in the Chelski win and, when we play 4-3-3/4-5-1 we have to match it because we don't have a mobile enough central pairing to match up to a 3 man CM and we don't have a striker that can drop off effectively. If we play 4-4-2 we end up with:

------------ Stan --- Clark -------------

Zog ------------------------------- Gab

----------- Big Gap --------------

------------ Gabby -- Bent -------------

However, I would be pissed off I was any of the front 3 to lose my place to Bent after the last performance. Bent should have started on the bench until there was a bad performance that opened a door for him. No-one should walk straight back in to the team.

our best performances this year have been when we played 442 with 2 wingers on the pitch...

IMO 451 has brought nothing but huge gaps and headless chickens....

strange how fans can see things so differently!

fans booing mcleish for bringing ireland off...

but i think hes done exactly the right thing...

alby on the wing and gab up front....

this should have been the team from the start

Personally, I think you are completely wrong. Ireland was our best player in the Chelski win and, when we play 4-3-3/4-5-1 we have to match it because we don't have a mobile enough central pairing to match up to a 3 man CM and we don't have a striker that can drop off effectively. If we play 4-4-2 we end up with:

------------ Stan --- Clark -------------

Zog ------------------------------- Gab

----------- Big Gap --------------

------------ Gabby -- Bent -------------

However, I would be pissed off I was any of the front 3 to lose my place to Bent after the last performance. Bent should have started on the bench until there was a bad performance that opened a door for him. No-one should walk straight back in to the team.

our best performances this year have been when we played 442 with 2 wingers on the pitch...

IMO 451 has brought nothing but huge gaps and headless chickens....

strange how fans can see things so differently!