Ghosts

TrentVilla

This thread may reveal even more nutters than the Noah thread . :clap:

If you think you have seen a ghost...you haven't. Think your house was haunted ?....It wasn't . Believe Ouija boards work ?...They don't .

Well I was all unsure before, but seeing this devastatingly effective debunking of all things supernatural has certainly convinced me.

If you think you have seen a ghost...you haven't. Think your house was haunted ?....It wasn't . Believe Ouija boards work ?...They don't .

Well I was all unsure before, but seeing this devastatingly effective debunking of all things supernatural has certainly convinced me.

“What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

Very good.

Tons of evidence for ghosts, hauntings, poltergiests etc. Even if you take an approach to the subject based on a purely scientific line of reasoning and discount any form of anecdotal evidence entirely, you're still left with a host of unexplainable phenomena - ghostly or otherwise.

If you want to scare yourself, do a oujjii board

I did one once and once only, things got out of hand

I take it you don't know that the "Ouiji board" mark is owned by Hasbro. It's a toy.

Yep. The only person scaring CI was him or his mates.

If only that were the case

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Very good.

Tons of evidence for ghosts, hauntings, poltergiests etc. Even if you take an approach to the subject based on a purely scientific line of reasoning and discount any form of anecdotal evidence entirely, you're still left with a host of unexplainable phenomena - ghostly or otherwise.

Well you say evidence but.....

Very good.

As I said...The nutters come out .

Ghosts do not exist .

I love it when people are tolerant of other peoples opinions.

There's a difference between tolerance and respect . I can tolerate silly beliefs all day long but that doesn't mean I have to respect those opinions , especially when they are clearly irrational .

Thing is, you can't prove they do exist and you can't prove they don't.

It's about experiences, beliefs and opinions.

Basically, calling people 'stupid' (although no one has used that word yet it has been heavily insinuated in some posts) for believing isn't really on.

Thing is, you can't prove they do exist and you can't prove they don't.

It's about experiences, beliefs and opinions.

Basically, calling people 'stupid' (although no one has used that word yet it has been heavily insinuated in some posts) for believing isn't really on.

That old chestnut eh . It's not up to me to prove ghosts exist. It's up to those who assert that there is to provide evidence, otherwise you leave yourself open to all manners of madness . You can claim any old fanciful idea and say "well prove me wrong ".

As for calling people nutters , well you know what, maybe it isn't completely required but to me the belief that living entities can reappear after death is a bit nutty .

People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs.

If you believe in the supernatural then I will gladly tolerate your opinion just as I am sure that you will tolerate my opinion that you are a bit mental .

Surely the onus of proof is always on the positive isn't it? I mean I can't prove that the tooth fairy doesn't exist but the tooth fairy doesn't exist. Nobody can prove time travel either way but I don't believe that is possible.

My default position tends to be if there isn't something tangible, something that can be proven then I tend not to believe in it.

Do I believe people think they have seen or experienced things? Yes. Do I think they are caused by spirits of the dead trapped in this world? No.

Most people say they don't exist, some people take them for granted and a minority claims they see them a little now and then without making any deal of it. I know some who does, totally sane people, neither super intelligent, nor stupid people.

It's always easier to say that you don't believe in them than to be open minded and take the risk to be called insane.

Me? I don't believe anything. They might exist, they very well might not. I just don't know why some see it as totally impossible. We don't know everything about this world and we certainly don't know anything about what happens when we've left it.

5 kids who were in the same year as my brother did it. They were all dead within the year. The last one was a paperboy at the same shop as me and I had to take over his round, so this isnt the friend of a friend type thing.

My Dad used to work for the MEB and they had a problem at Dudley Zoo so that had to work through the night to solve it. One of the joiners said to my dad he didnt know that the castle was still used by monks. When my dad asked him what he was on about he said he had seen a group of monks walking around earlier. Apparently the castle is "haunted".

5 kids who were in the same year as my brother did it. They were all dead within the year.

Surely this would of made national news? 5 people in the same school year in one year?

There is NO evidence for ghosts or hauntings. None.

There IS a ton of anecdotal stuff recounting unexplained (and possibly inexplicable) experiences. That is all. Certainly nothing that could be used to construct a testable hypothesis.

5 out of 8 people in the office I used to work in believed in ghosts and psychics. The 5 were either women or men who were religious. One women 'has the gift' of being psychic inherited from her grandmother. She went to a theatre to see a psychic and the first person he pointed to was a man who he could sense had some sort of pain connected to his lower body. The man struggled to stand and pointed to the cast on his leg. The audience was impressed. I'm not making this up.

• 11 years later...
35 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I don't believe in ghosts.  But I accept that people see things that they believe are ghosts.  There is a huge difference between telling people what you believe you saw and making up a ghost story to sell to a newspaper for profit. 

The whole ghosts/spirits debate is an interesting one.

I do believe there is something of existence 'out there'. I mean I wouldn't necessarily mess about with a Ouija board to prove otherwise. However, I have had a couple of life experiences when it comes to that sort of thing.

I do not for one minute watch or believe any of the shite you see on the TV when you see idiots with nightvision technology going through buildings and filming it all, "did you just hear that!??" or even that other clown Derek Accorah. All that can get the **** out and it's nothing but complete bollocks.

However, I do believe there is some existence to ghost/spirit phenomenon in general.

Â