1. 1. McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure

• Yes - He can take us forward
    • No - We need someone better
    • Unsure - Still need more time

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this the manager who got SHA to their highest ever PL finish, and their highest ever finish in the league for over 50 years?

and he won them some silverware. and he got them promoted.

Jon lad, ive tried to back him and get behind him, support him and give him time to mould the team his way, but sorry mate, i just cant see it ever working.

His list of negatives are longer than his list of positives.

As much as ive argued his case in the past, ive finally admitted that he's just no good. Not good enough.

Jon, you can try to support him but a jammy cup win and a promotion do not hide the fact that the man is doing terrible things to this club. Ask any Blues fans - their abiding memory is not the cup win but the horrific football and relegations. They are loving this, they've seen it all before.

His record in this seasons Carling Cup was good wasn't it? Is anyone really confident we will beat Bristol Rovers in the FA Cup? We should be looking forward to that, but we will go there on the back of a bleak December and we will be there for the taking IMO. A long way off I know, but when are we going to improve - there is just nothing on the horizon to look forward to.

The more I think about it the more it drives me mad that this crap manager is at our club. I can only see 2 scenarios...

1) We get relegated and lose any good 1st teamers and youth players we have and take a financial hit.

2) We stay up and lose any good youth players we have.

RL must see that it will cost him a shit load more in the long run keeping AMC than replacing him now. 88% of fans don't want him. Our club is quickly becoming a farce.

I am still willing to give him time.

I admit that he has a VERY tough job to turn around the supporters but I am starting to enjoy rooting for the underdog.

Bar the Spurs game I have not been too upset with him. Yes the Heskey thing is very annoying but the players need to stand up and be counted.

We need some leaders in the dressing room instead of the spineless feckwits we currently have. I hope he finds them quickly.

It's gona take a major turn around for him to stay now..and the next run of games are hardly going to help him.

My worry is who the hell would we get to replace him ...

That's the most troubling thing. If he was sacked we would have trust the board's ability in getting the next manager right. And we all know they are utter hopeless in that aspect.

My worry is who the hell would we get to replace him ...

My worry is who the hell Randy would get to replace him....

And with the speed that the board/Randy & Faulkner moves at, how long will they take to get someone in as replacement. If they sacked him now we might get someone in for the tail end of the January transfer window. If they sack him after Christmas then it will be caretaker for the rest of the season at best.

It's not going to happen though, we'll be stuck with him until the summer now in my opinion. If I were Randy though, I would be sounding out potential suitors for the job right now.

Voted no.

Just hope our chairman does what is needed before the January window opens. Wanted either Jol or Hughes before that creatan was appointed and would still welcome Hughes with open arms. More offensive manager and would set up the team to play to Bent's strengths. Mid table finish with Hughes in charge and if he was given money to spend then top seven.

As it is we will be relegated.

Quick question....

If McLeish got 6 points out of the next 5 games (Bolton a, Liverpool h, Arsenal h, Stoke a, Chelsea a) playing attacking football, would people change their opinions on him? If not why not?

Also where would McLeish need to finish in the league table to have a good season in your eyes?

I would take 8th or 9th.

Quick question....

If McLeish got 6 points out of the next 5 games (Bolton a, Liverpool h, Arsenal h, Stoke a, Chelsea a) playing attacking football, would people change their opinions on him? If not why not?

Also where would McLeish need to finish in the league table to have a good season in your eyes?

I would take 8th or 9th.

No.

Because two wins wouldn't be sufficient to change my views on the guys ability which have been formed not just over the time he has been here but the years at Birmingham and Rangers that went before.

I don't think he is good enough, I don't think his football is good enough and two wins wouldn't be enough to change that.

If McLeish got 6 points playing attacking football

This is about as likely as me waking up with Eva Mendes tomorrow morning.

No I wouldnt change my mind if we got six as it would leave on 22 points half way through the season and we should be on more. I think its more likely we will have 3 points from those games at a push

If McLeish got 6 points playing attacking football

This is about as likely as me waking up with Eva Mendes tomorrow morning.

No I wouldnt change my mind if we got six as it would leave on 22 points half way through the season and we should be on more. I think its more likely we will have 3 points from those games at a push

RE: Eva

Speak for yourself...

... Yeah you're right.

I've just had a scary thought.

If he does relegate us I wonder if the board will stick with him in the Championship due to his 'excellent' promotion record. That surely can't happen can it? Can you imagine how bad the atmosphere would be at that point?

Quick question....

I would take 8th or 9th.

No.

Because two wins wouldn't be sufficient to change my views on the guys ability which have been formed not just over the time he has been here but the years at Birmingham and Rangers that went before.

I don't think he is good enough, I don't think his football is good enough and two wins wouldn't be enough to change that.

What position would you accept from him in the League, Trent?

Â