McLeish - Yes / No / Unsure

Dodgyknees

McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure  

438 members have voted

1. 1. McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure

• Yes - He can take us forward
    • No - We need someone better
    • Unsure - Still need more time

I'm sorry but I'm getting a little fed up of AMC's constant drivel in the press..

firstly 'we have nothing to fear about Spurs' - resulting in an 8 man defence with no ambition

secondly ' we'll attack Man Utd' - resulting, to be fair, in an adventurous line-up but poorly used with negative tactics again

and now 'we must use Bent more' - it's as if he's saying the players aren't listening to him and he's wanting them to play free-flowing attacking football....

If that's the case and the players aren't listening to him (because I don't see his tactics being remotely attacking, let alone free-flowing), has he already lost the dressing room?

He's becoming an embarassment to the club - in what he says and then what he does on match day...

I was willing to give him a chance when he first came and admittedley was one of those saying give him a chance with better resources and hoping he would change his negative stance. Alas, I was wrong....

Now, I just want to see the back of him.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ffs what is it with McCrap saying something then either lying or doing the opposite,

"The defence is a priority" Why do we still concede stupid goals from set pieces?

"We must make better use of Darren Bent" Why do you use him as a **** target man then?

ffs what is it with McLeish saying something then either lying or doing the opposite,

"The defence is a priority" Why do we still concede stupid goals from set pieces?

"We must make better use of Darren Bent" Why do you use him as a **** target man then?

So true, he is an idiot. Everyone knows Darren Bent is a poacher. He is pretty rubbish at being a target man. He is no John Carew/Heskey. Hens his lack of goals or even touches.

Another thing that grinds with me is that he says he'll drop players when playing bad. However, this does not apply to his own kind, the defender! Our defence has been pretty shocking this season, a couple of individuals have had a few mares. Yet, he refuses to drop any of the back 4. Clark, Cuellar and co may as well just jog on with this mug in charge.

I was listening to Collymore last night. He raised a few good points but he lets himself down by always saying the same thing to cover himself "Where do Villa fans expect to be ?".

Now, that's a funny question. Where do we want to be or expect to be ?

They make us out to be like Newcastle fans or something, I have given up on winning things years ago, that will never happen again so we can forget that.

I expect us to be the next team down after the 4 or 5 drug cheats (Or Man kitty / Chelsea / Manure / Arsnel / Liverstool).

Play attractive and entertaining football. Football that would get non Villa fans to watch it as neutrals in a pub or similar (Current football would get turned off in a old peoples home in Uzbekistan even if that was the only TV channel available ).

I expect to look forward to games not dread it.

I demand that we are at least joint favourites when we are playing at home. If we play anyone at home with the away team odds on to win we are doing it wrong no matter who the team is.

I have given up on winning things years ago, that will never happen again so we can forget that.

I expect us to be the next team down after the 4 or 5 drug cheats (Or Man kitty / Chelsea / Manure / Arsnel / Liverstool).

Play attractive and entertaining football. Football that would get non Villa fans to watch it as neutrals in a pub or similar (Current football would get turned off in a old peoples home in Uzbekistan even if that was the only TV channel available ).

I expect to look forward to games not dread it.

I demand that we are at least joint favourites when we are playing at home. If we play anyone at home with the away team odds on to win we are doing it wrong no matter who the team is.

Good post, exactly how I feel.

13 people have voted yes in the above poll.

Would be interesting to hear their reasons for backing Mcleish, if anyone is brave enough?

12 People voted yes by accident the other was Makouns_grin

I'm not that bad! ;)

I voted no, but Lerner aint going to get rid.

Might pay off might not.

What i dont understand is the increasing articles about he knows the problems, we're then shit again in the next game.

All managers should be given a chance whoever and wherever they came from, its getting very tough though to continue that line of thought with Big Ek (why is he called that)

He needs to sort the midfield out, as he still not got it sorted.

He trying to play the same defenders each week for a settled defence, which i right usually but when they are all pretty shit most of the time thats not working either!

they have made a mistake and im generally an optimist unless the atmosphere around the club changes winter is most definitely coming and it is here to stay for quite some years (reminds me of the Venglos era without the spectacular vicroty over inter Milan)

i would welcome GT back for a third spell to be honest! what a great manager and man.

I'll tell you what if AM somehow manages to keep us up and the board insist of keeping him here for another season then the ST sales will be shambolic. It's not going to be like this season where the fanbase were willing to give him a chance and see what he could do. They know what he is about now and will keep away.

I'll tell you what if AM somehow manages to keep us up and the board insist of keeping him here for another season then the ST sales will be shambolic. It's not going to be like this season where the fanbase were willing to give him a chance and see what he could do. They know what he is about now and will keep away.

Id hate to think what attendances would be if he stays here for his 3 years.

He really could do severe and irreversible damage to the club at this rate.

Â