Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Date night could be a good idea. Set aside one night a week where we just hang out and do something together rather than just coasting through the week making do.

Would probably make me feel better and like I'm getting some attention.

Can I have some testosterone whilst you're over there wiggy?

Date night could be a good idea. Set aside one night a week where we just hang out and do something together rather than just coasting through the week making do.

Would probably make me feel better and like I'm getting some attention.

Can I have some testosterone whilst you're over there wiggy?

Yup. I do 'Date night' great now it's summer as can sit outside in the pub and talk, walks, Orange Wednesday, Meal out, squash...my only advice would be get out of the house.

Now Wiggy....hurry up with that **** bucket!

Dante, did you manage to sort everything out?

Yeah, it's all good. She admitted she was a bit offish and she usually does it around that time into a relationship. Everything starts pissing her off about the person and then they get the hump and it ends.

I sort of stuck around, kept asking her what was wrong, made an effort etc... She's apologised, is thankful that I'm awesome and we had a wicked weekend. Basically it was like we'd just started dating again.

Just celebrated being with my girlfriend for 6 months. Really nice weekend, couldnt be happier.

We plan to ditch everything off (house, job, car, the lot) and go travelling next year, which is probably a stupid thing to do, but you only live once.

I sort of stuck around, kept asking her what was wrong, made an effort etc... She's apologised, is thankful that I'm awesome and we had a wicked weekend. Basically it was like we'd just started dating again.

wooooooaaaaahhh, they HATE that.

Dante, did you manage to sort everything out?

Yeah, it's all good. She admitted she was a bit offish and she usually does it around that time into a relationship. Everything starts pissing her off about the person and then they get the hump and it ends.

Glad for you mate. It seems you are not the only one with insecurities in the relationship.

I hope it works out, pal.

Just celebrated being with my girlfriend for 6 months. Really nice weekend, couldnt be happier.

We plan to ditch everything off (house, job, car, the lot) and go travelling next year, which is probably a stupid thing to do, but you only live once.

Best time to do it. As no one is getting real good career progression in this market place. Just hope one of you has something to come back to.

Go for it.

Would have to agree here.

If you say it too often, then they'll start to ask themselves what's wrong, even if nothing was wrong in the first place.

It's like you shouldn't natter on about your own imperfections too much, because whilst they probably would'nt have noticed it in the first place, you're just drawing more and more attention to it until it starts to bother them too!

Best time to do it. As no one is getting real good career progression in this market place. Just hope one of you has something to come back to.

Go for it.

Neither of us will have anything to come back to, which makes it a bit of a leap into the unknown, but what the hell.

The actual plan is to rent my house out, and work my way back to being able to afford to pay for it myself when I come back.

If it goes tits up, then I'll just sell it and pocket the profits.

If you say it too often, then they'll start to ask themselves what's wrong, even if nothing was wrong in the first place.

It's like you shouldn't natter on about your own imperfections too much, because whilst they probably would'nt have noticed it in the first place, you're just drawing more and more attention to it until it starts to bother them too!

If I know something is wrong, then I'll ask. And I knew something was wrong. It's all good.

If I know something is wrong, then I'll ask. And I knew something was wrong. It's all good.

In fairness, I'm the world's worst for asking. And my girlfriend actually seems to appreciate it, shows a caring side. It's certainly a fine line.

Tis true. I have a hole in my belly button. Now she always mentions it!

Yeah, but then they get super pissed off when you accept their answer that nothing's wrong.

If you are a bloke and you have fallen into the "What's wrong?" trap, you have already LOST.

Just accept it, and prepare to take your kicking.

Yeah, but then they get super pissed off when you accept their answer that nothing's wrong.

Disagree, she gets one chance to answer the "what's wrong" question honestly. If she says nothing then she's on her own. Not trying to sound like a nobhead. Its just how it works in our house. If she says nothing then I just give her a bit of space and leave her too it. 9 times out of 10 she'll then come and find me and let me know what's on her mind and we'll work through it.

If she's in a mood and I keep asking what is wrong she gets her wish of someone to snap at.

Â