Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Fair enough. I guess it's how you want to live your life. I could go through life refusing to get into relationships and not feeling anything, but it'd be boring and a little hollow for me. Sure, the pain is pretty much the worst you'll ever feel when it goes wrong, but when it goes right with the right person I've never been happier. It's just very rare I meet someone who makes me feel that way, let alone someone who feels that way about me too.

Edited by Ginko

I imagine when CED dies there will be absolutely no one at his funeral. And i bet he'd love it it.

That said, i don't think anyone would even notice he'd died :lol:

Someone would probably just call about the smell and open the door to a puddle of rotting flesh with the skeleton sat in a rocking chair giving them the finger.

I've been thinking about it, and I'm a bit disappointed it didn't occur to me earlier. Send her a dick pic.

Were you thinking about sending her a dick pic?

Well, I am now! 

Fair enough. I guess it's how you want to live your life. I could go through life refusing to get into relationships and not feeling anything, but it'd be boring and a little hollow for me. Sure, the pain is pretty much the worst you'll ever feel when it goes wrong, but when it goes right with the right person I've never been happier. It's just very rare I meet someone who makes me feel that way, let alone someone who feels that way about me too.

I don't usually do this, but I'm going to call up on some stereotyping here - as most of us know, girls are confusing creatures. Or rather, some are.

I've got an inkling from reading your recent tale of woe that if you let it slide despite the bitter disappointment - sweep it all under the carpet - it creates time. In this time, she may well evaluate what she's been doing and what she wants. I predict a classic example of "don't know what you want 'till you can't have it"...and a return to you - someone she actually has a connection with.

That's my theory anyway.

I don't usually do this, but I'm going to call up on some stereotyping here - as most of us know, girls are confusing creatures. Or rather, some are.

I've got an inkling from reading your recent tale of woe that if you let it slide despite the bitter disappointment - sweep it all under the carpet - it creates time. In this time, she may well evaluate what she's been doing and what she wants. I predict a classic example of "don't know what you want 'till you can't have it"...and a return to you - someone she actually has a connection with.

That's my theory anyway.

I'd say you had a pretty good grasp of things. I won't deny it, that did cross my mind.

I spoke to her a little bit today anyway. She maintained she'd been crazy busy, and considering she works her ass off and is in the last few days of her four year degree, I can believe it. I'm still not 100% sure things haven't changed in some way, but I am more of the school of thought that she's literally closed herself off from any distractions until she crosses the finishing line.

I guess I'll find out next week. For the meantime I'm much more relaxed about it, even if what I feared does come to pass, though that would suck.

Oh I wouldn't say I was putting my life on hold for her necessarily, in fact I signed up to a dating website the other day. Never done it before, but considering I live in the middle of nowhere now, and I'll be moving to Nottingham soon where I don't really know anyone, I thought it'd be worth a try. I haven't really spent any great length of time looking or talking to any girls on there yet, though.

Â