Steve Bruce Sacked (Merged)

TheDrums

Yeah it was but that is very much the edited highlights it wasn't all good.

Regardless he walked out on the club 5 days before the start of a season seemingly because he wasn't able to continue to spend money at the rate he had been for the previous years.

Any respect I had for the man went out the window then.

A post I can totally agree with

**** I miss MON. Winning at OT, Anfield, Emirates. That deadly 451 which won us 7 successive away games. Some thrilling 4-4 draws. Some amazing comebacks from 2 down, the Blues 5-1 (and winning every time we played them), Derby 6-0, THAT Everton game. Milner Downing and Young all in the same team, Blackburn 6-4, 2 wembley appearances.

It was fun being a Villa fan then, sure we had some bad runs and defeats but you always thought the players were giving that bit more when he was in charge.

He might have made some bad signings (many good as well) and screwed up a bit with wages, but to repeat myself. IT WAS FUN. Now it's hard to give a shit. 10 years with AM and we won't have a quarter of the stand out games we did in 4 under MON.

I agree with all of that. We improved beyond recognition under him, and were a match for any team in a one off match. We improved our points every year for 4 years which is the one area Littlle, Gregory and Atkinson failed in keeping us where we were.

He was stubborn and his attitude in Europe was a disgrace i thought. Some of his transfer decisions were dodgy, but others were inspired, and others were good solid transfers. He also manged to really get the most out of some players. When he took over Barry was a bit part player and left an £18m one, when he took over Gabby had played just a couple of first team games but was believed in and flourished, we bought Milner as a right midfielder and sold him as a centre midfielder who we would do anything to get back now

I haven't got a clue why he really left, and whether or not the board were happy. I wouldn't want him back either as i just feel it wouldn't work now, i definitely think he is a much better manager than McLeish however, and we would be far better placed if he was still with us

I've read that before on two other forums and someone was absolutely adamant that Lerner sacked him.

Is there any proof to this? Ok, he was awarded compensation, but when the news was released it said he resigmed with immediate effect.

He didn't walk.

Our idiotic board pretty much sacked him.

Well if he would have offloaded all the shit he brought in and never played who were on £40k a week, then maybe he wouldn't have had to throw his toys out the cradle because he didn't get his own way.

Sunderland are showing some ambition.

They sack Steve Bruce . Look at the names they were linked to in their managerial search MON & Mark Hughes.

Then look at our managerial search in summer which we had planety of time ;- McLaren , Martinez , McLeish

:oops:

Now Mark Hughes is a manager we deliberately ignored in the summer

Why?

So we could tap up a proven failure in Premiership manager , a manager who is perhaps the most negative manager ever to manage in top flight , a manager with less credentials than Gary Megson , a manager who was on brink of being sacked from bloody birmingham but we tapped up and paid compensation for anyhow.

All hail McCrap and our idiotic board.

think he will fail myself. His choice of overpaid British rubbish could only get him so far at Villa but for every 3 rubbish players he signed a good one at Villa but he wont have finances for all this at Sunderland.

Sessegnon be the first gone too foreign for MON ;)

think he will fail myself. His choice of overpaid British rubbish could only get him so far at Villa but for every 3 rubbish players he signed a good one at Villa but he wont have finances for all this at Sunderland.

Sessegnon be the first gone too foreign for MON ;)

Too short as well.

His biggest mistake was not getting rid of O'Neill 12 months earlier. Our position and the landscape in general would be a lot more favourable now had he done so. That 12 months extra damage has cost us dearly.

That 12 month period where we got our highest points total in years, went into the 36th game of the season still in the race for 4th and got to a semi final and a final whilst also having the 4th best defence in the league.

Yeah, shocking damage. Imagine a club like us having a shit 12 months like that.

:lol:

if mon walked in early summer then people wouldnt be so angry at him. but the way he left us at that time was just disgusting. how anyone can still talk positively about the man amazes it.

i would rather have a fighter who love sthe club then a loser who walks when the going gets tough

His biggest mistake was not getting rid of O'Neill 12 months earlier. Our position and the landscape in general would be a lot more favourable now had he done so. That 12 months extra damage has cost us dearly.

That 12 month period where we got our highest points total in years, went into the 36th game of the season still in the race for 4th and got to a semi final and a final whilst also having the 4th best defence in the league.

Yeah, shocking damage. Imagine a club like us having a shit 12 months like that.

:lol:

Yep that year that even MON himself knew he couldnt top, even with milner, that year that we hit the heights of utter shit in our reserves on huge wages, MON was on the slide, for all those amazing wins i can remember the shockingly poor home games too (and every march) i can remember the entire holte singing we want delfouneso on, playing carew every week despite his form being terrible

things werent as rosy as people seem to remember, just the utter shitfest since makes it seem like it was, if it wasnt for the clown we have now i wouldnt take him back, wouldnt have had him over ged

Â