Steve Bruce Sacked (Merged)

TheDrums

no matter how you look at it, under mon aston villa were a better club on & off the field.

you cant argue that he made us better because it was obvious, but we are poorer club now because of how he left and what he left

if he'd left us in a decent manner and in a decent state then whos to say we would be so poor now, we are certainly far weaker off the field because of the state he left us in

And they might ponder the scenario that, if O'Neill had been allowed to buy Scott Parker from West Ham for £6m in the summer of 2010 to replace Milner, he might still be Villa's manager.

News to me; obviously from the mouthpiece of MON’s no. 2 fan; Pat Murph

And the Villa fans who lambasted O'Neill for his abrupt departure - never yet explained by him - might reflect on the words of Joni Mitchell in her classic song Big Yellow Taxi: "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone".
****.RIGHT.OFF.

How were we better off the field exactly?
off the field..lets start with the fans who pay to watch aston villa, more fans "returned" to villa under mon than lets say AM these days, as i type this we are hours away from playing man u at home,thiers not a clucking chance it will sell out mate as its did under mon & under mon we were a bloody match for them.

And they might ponder the scenario that, if O'Neill had been allowed to buy Scott Parker from West Ham for £6m in the summer of 2010 to replace Milner, he might still be Villa's manager.

News to me; obviously from the mouthpiece of MON’s no. 2 fan; Pat Murph

And that just proves the media love fest that MON always manages to create. As I said on a post above MON is a good manager but not nearly as good as the media think he is.

scott parker? i dont remember that, i remember him wanting mcgeady, can you imagine how much MON would have paid parker in wages?!

As far as I recall we were never in for Scott Parker. Or is this wishful thinking about players we should have tried to get in?

On that basis can I suggest the following change:

'And they might ponder the scenario that, if O'Neill had been allowed to buy Lionel Messi from Barcelona for £60m in the summer of 2010 to replace Milner, he might still be Villa's manager'.

can you imagine how much MON would have paid parker in wages?!

No more than Randy decided to pay Stephen Ireland I'd imagine.

Thats a fair point.

that goes to show how much randy knows about football,stephen ireland is a randy signing..not even gh touched him with a barge pole.

i can remember the entire holte singing we want delfouneso on

Yeah, great call that one.

A few people complaining because we were drawing a game doesn't change what we did that season.

You said you'd rather houllier?

You'd rather battle to stay in the league than challenge for top 4? Strange.

Not happy about o'neill going to Sunderland- no doubt they will become a better side than us with him in charge. It may take him a season or two but he will get them to a similar place as he did with Villa- challenging the top 6.

A lot of MONs signings were "off the radar" so to speak - Cuellar, Harewood for instance were a big surprise, so it wouldn't surprise me if the Parker story is true.

Thanks Randy. clearing in the woods. £3m compensation to SHA for a clueless oaf in McLeish. Lolz.

A few people complaining because we were drawing a game doesn't change what we did that season.

it wasnt just that 1 game though was it, thats just a moment that sticks in my head, i could have brought up stoke at home which is another that stick in my memory

rather than look at that season and say look at what we did you could look at that season and say if only MON hadnt been so stubborn imagine what we could have done

You said you'd rather MON?

You'd rather sign the likes of Harewood than Bent. Strange.

See what I did there? ;)

We have Bent and are and will be midtable fodder 12th-16th regularly under ginger.

Under MON we finished 6th three years on the trot, went to Wembley, beat Liverpool, Arsenal, Man United and were a team people were afraid of.

Now we are a laughing stock, managed by a man relegated twice by our rivals and fly the white flag before arriving at White Hart Lane, a team we were up there with MON.

the league had moved on, man city were twice the team and spurs were way ahead of us, MON wouldnt have challenged for top 4 last season, not anywhere near IMO

GH at least had us trying to play football rather than bypassing our midfield and using the wing as the only outlet, which half decent teams noticed and were starting to nullify us, put 2 men on young and MONs villa teams struggled

Â