• Cuéllar
    • Petrov
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Bannan (for Cuéllar 63)
    • Delph (for Herd 87)

My old mans a Spurs fan and looking at the Spurs fan websites the major concern they have is that we made it so easy for them they might get over confident when they actually get given a game by West Brom. They are genuinely shocked at just how lackluster we are.

Yes the team is weaker, yes we aren't as good as Spurs but the players we still have are perfectly capable of a hell of a lot better than that. However when you have in essence been instructed to hold on to your 2-0 defeat and let Modric run the show what else can you expect. This attitude of writing games off is what sent Blues down. We all like to poke fun but the squad they had realistically was mid/lower table team not relegation fodder and the amount of similarities we are displaying at present is extremely troubling.

so who here would rather we played Nzogbia and Bannan and just went for it? I'd rather we lost 4:2 and gave it a **** good try than 2:0 an the most inept performance i have seen from a Villa team in decades.

Id rather lose 100-0 and give it a good try

This for me also.

A defeat is easier to take if the players and manager have at least given it a go,this evening was a disgrace and the players just rolled over. Thanks in the main to the awful manager at he helm.

I think the manager should be graded as well as the players. He'd clearly get a "1"....Herd and Gabby were at least putting in a decent effort, Bannan showed some spirit when he came on, but everyone else was shit, including Given on the second goal. Yeah, Collins should have cleared it, but Given had it gift wrapped for him to gobble up, and he couldn't.

The defenders are a bunch of cement footed hoofers, the midfield is a joke, Championship level stuff. They all stand around watching the guy with the ball instead of running into space and looking to attack. Nobody can keep the ball on the ground, it's all wing and a prayer stuff.

This is not a top flight football outfit. We are watching a relegation-bound side right now.

Danny Murphy was spot on with this when he said "there is a lack on quality on the ball".... this shocking state of affairs has been with us for years.....and there is no sign of any kind of improvement.....o'Neil, Houllier and now Mcleish there is no improvement and we are signing players that are worse that what we had.

Where are McLeishs supporters after that crap?

The same place as they were when we conceded 7 against Chelsea.

I'm not a Mcleish fans..... but I'm loathe to blame him for something that has been around our team for so long.

We can't hold the ball and we havn't been able to for years..... we look appallingly uncomfortable in possession.

There is little future for Aston Villa until we have players who can keep control of the ball.

just back from the pub watching the game, I live ten mins from Paul Mcgrath would nearly ask him to teach our defence some lessons. collins is useless why put his hands up for offside is cause he knew it was his fault. HUTTON F**k OFF u word removed awful how he palyed him in midfield is beyond me. PETROV too old has had great start to this season but outclassed tonight by spurs who aint great side by all means. HESKEY IS HESKEY AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL. Worst villa performance i have witnessed MCLEISH OUT.

Herd was awful, is awful and shouldn't play

Doesnt say a lot for the rest of our lads when he was cleary our best player tonight. We've got far more pressing matters than young Herd to worry about. Namely that lead legged pensioner next to him (Petrov not Heskey ... although both are as bad as each other when it comes to leading by example)

**** utter bollocks

we are a vile team....

swansea, qpr and norwich will finish above us this season with a worse squad..

why? coz they are being told to have a go at teams and play to their strength without worrying too much about the superior opposition....

whereas we will double up on a player like Bale (in the end very badly), to the detriment of our own style of play and who isnt even spurs most dangerous player

disgusting...how low we have sunk

This has been going on for years with all the comings and goings both managers and players nothing has changed....we still look clumsy with the ball..... we have learn't nothing...that is the crime.

Danny Murphy was spot on with this when he said "there is a lack on quality on the ball".... this shocking state of affairs has been with us for years.....and there is no sign of any kind of improvement.....o'Neil, Houllier and now Mcleish.

Thank you! People need to recognise this shite is nothing new. As shit as this McLeish team performed today it really is nothing new.

Herd was awful, is awful and shouldn't play

Doesnt say a lot for the rest of our lads when he was cleary our best player tonight. We've got far more pressing matters than young Herd to worry about. Namely that lead legged pensioner next to him (Petrov not Heskey ... although both are as bad as each other when it comes to leading by example)

Petrov might have lost his legs, but when your just about the only player in the side who can keep the ball ,it can't be much fun.

Danny Murphy was spot on with this when he said "there is a lack on quality on the ball".... this shocking state of affairs has been with us for years.....and there is no sign of any kind of improvement.....o'Neil, Houllier and now Mcleish.

Thank you! People need to recognise this shite is nothing new. As shit as this McLeish team performed today it really is nothing new.

correct.

This is beyond a joke tonight. Spurs have beaten Arsenal and Liverpool this season and haven't lost in the league since August. What did people expect us to do. Yes we could have lost by 3 or 4 ( probably should have done better with a couple of chances ourselves) but just about any team in the league would expect the same at White Hart Lane. Spurs will more than likely finish 3rd in the league. It's all well and good saying we should have gone for it and lost 4-2 but we'd probably have lost 10-0 if we'd played an attacking team today. Move on and concentrate on a tricky but more realisticly winnable game away at a good footballing side like Swansea. The gap between the top 7 and the rest of the league is now at 7 points and theres a good reason for it. Those sides ( with the possible exception of Newcastle are a mile ahead of the rest of the league). Well done Spurs on a very efficient performance but who was expecting us to get anything tonight really?

they are a top, top football side with a great manager that we should admire and try to emulate in the coming years

Have you been VT fraped?

:lol:

I know SGC is the fisher of the century, but...really, why not? They've got:

a) Money, and parachutes from the Champions League at that.

B) Fans - selling out their smaller ground week in, week out with a season ticket waiting list

c) A very good (yes, a bit bent!) manager

d) Determination under said manager

e) "Star" (or at least, very good) players that the club can keep till the end of their contracts

I am asking for a massive shoeing on this forum, but seriously - we have none of the above.

We have:

a) Balancing of books and offloading of dead wood

B) A diminishing fan base

c) A competent manager that can't quite fire up his players enough

d) A lot of England players that now play for other clubs because we couldn't hold onto them for one reason or another

e) Fans that **** moan.

I will add that I am no Spurs fan or anything - I couldn't give a shit about them - but they have reasons to be cheerful these days and I can see why.

I'm not a Mcleish fans..... but I'm loathe to blame him for something that has been around our team for so long.

We can't hold the ball and we havn't been able to for years..... we look appallingly uncomfortable in possession.

There is little future for Aston Villa until we have players who can keep control of the ball.

Who decides the tactics?

Who plays Heskey in midfield?

Who puts Hutton in midfield?

Who refuses to play their £10m winger they bought in the summer even though he's played well his last two games?

Who refuses to make susbtitutions when we had 30% posession?

Will I go on?

The fact of the matter is the manager is paid to decide all that. The buck stops with him.

Who decides the tactics?

Who plays Heskey in midfield?

Who puts Hutton in midfield?

Who refuses to play their £10m winger they bought in the summer even though he's played well his last two games?

Who refuses to make susbtitutions when we had 30% posession?

Will I go on?

The fact of the matter is the manager is paid to decide all that. The buck stops with him.

they are a top, top football side with a great manager that we should admire and try to emulate in the coming years

Have you been VT fraped?

:lol:

I know SGC is the fisher of the century, but...really, why not? They've got:

a) Money, and parachutes from the Champions League at that.

B) Fans - selling out their smaller ground week in, week out with a season ticket waiting list

c) A very good (yes, a bit bent!) manager

d) Determination under said manager

e) "Star" (or at least, very good) players that the club can keep till the end of their contracts

I am asking for a massive shoeing on this forum, but seriously - we have none of the above.

We have:

a) Balancing of books and offloading of dead wood

B) A diminishing fan base

c) A competent manager that can't quite fire up his players enough

d) A lot of England players that now play for other clubs because we couldn't hold onto them for one reason or another

e) Fans that **** moan.

I will add that I am no Spurs fan or anything - I couldn't give a shit about them - but they have reasons to be cheerful these days and I can see why.

Spurs are a London Club.

This is a massive factor when trying to attract top class players.

They have a chairmen with a lot of money.

A good manager who know the PL inside out.

They have flucked a few good signings RVV on 40 k per week unbeleivable, plus Adebyor.

Does any one know his wages...?

I dont think there success will be long lived though. Redknapp will probably get the England job depending on court apparences. Chelsea will try and sign Modric. They will have to pay RVV a lot more in wages if they want to keep him

Â