• Herd
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Bannan (for Cuéllar 63)
    • Delph (for Herd 87)

Given: 6 - couldn't do much

Cuellar: 5 - From ok to woeful - this was not the game to bring him back

Hutton: 3 - can't defend, poor going fwd.

Collins: 2 - Elmer Fudd defender liability award winner

Dunne:5 - Generally poor but was overun

Warnock: 5 - Tried but rarely succeeded

Herd: 5 - A passionate but ultimately headless chicken who looks like a league one player

Petrov: 4 - Captain useless

Heskey: 4 - Never wins 50/50s, crosses when he can shoot and generally offers sweet FA

Gabby: 5 - Ran and ran but had no support

Bent: 0 - Utterly **** hopeless and the worst striker performance in a villa shirt i have seen since John Fashanu

Subs: Bannan 5 MOM - why because he actually completed a pass on the ground

Delph: Not worth rating

Manager: Eck 0 - If you're going to select 6 defenders you maybe want to tell them to close down and tackle in and around the box, not just flap like a bunch of girls. He needs to realise that playing Herd and Heskey is making him look a total waste of space of a manager.

This was the worst game I have seen since the O'Leary and second reign of Graham Taylor.

Ireland, Nzogbia, Bannan are the only players who have the ability to improve us, although i doubt anyone believes they will.

The sooner folk accept the PL is about how much you spend on wages and transfers, the sooner we will be able to offer victory and accept defeat graciously.

I'm sorry but thats bull shit....

Money or not, the absolute minimum requirement is effort.

The players and management couldn't give a f**k tonight and that is unacceptable.

We were never lighly to get much from this game today.

We have lost lets move on. Its going to be the games against the QPRs, Swanseas, and baggies that are really going to count.

The sooner folk accept the PL is about how much you spend on wages and transfers, the sooner we will be able to offer victory and accept defeat graciously.

Don't you mean the sooner that folk realise Lerner has appointed a shit manager and people like you accept the crap that life puts your way the sooner you can take some more crap.

I think the manager should be graded as well as the players. He'd clearly get a "1"....Herd and Gabby were at least putting in a decent effort, Bannan showed some spirit when he came on, but everyone else was shit, including Given on the second goal. Yeah, Collins should have cleared it, but Given had it gift wrapped for him to gobble up, and he couldn't.

The defenders are a bunch of cement footed hoofers, the midfield is a joke, Championship level stuff. They all stand around watching the guy with the ball instead of running into space and looking to attack. Nobody can keep the ball on the ground, it's all wing and a prayer stuff.

This is not a top flight football outfit. We are watching a relegation-bound side right now.

James Collins at fault for both goals. Simply must be dropped for his own good as well as ours. Just put Clark or Carlos in, it literally cannot be worse.

Team clearly didn't know how they were supposed to play in possession in the formation and we had absolutely no chance as long as the instant hoofing prerogative exists with our defenders.

Heskey cannot play on the left, proven before, should be beyond and doubt now.

Gabby our only player who even looked like he had any quality at all and he very obviously got quickly frustrated and his head went down along with the rest of them.

Went for a point, left with nothing, on to the next misadventure...

Spurs have a better side than us, unquestionably, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will beat us every time they face us. Unfortunately it was clear from the lineup and the approach to the match that McLeish has decided our only possible hope was to fight out a 0-0. We go a goal down early and the gameplan (such as it was) is useless, now we're just trying to contain the defeat at a respectable level. And that was it.

Nearly an hour goes by after the goal before we change anything on the pitch - and that is pointless because we put Bannan, someone who might be able to use the ball, out wide on the right, where we'd had zero possession up to that point. Sure enough Bannan gets very little of the ball, except when he chases inside & has no chance to make an impact. And that's the sole tactical alteration McLeish attempts, despite his entire approach failing within 15 minutes. Baffling.

Bent is useless if we set out like this. No supply = no point. He might as well have put Gabby by himself up front if this was the tactic, add in a midfielder who actually likes to receive the ball (i.e. Bannan or Ireland) so the defence has someone to pass to. Kaboul and King were happy to deal with aimless hoofs all night long. But still no change.

I do blame the players for defensive mistakes & for general lethargy, but this was a loss made by the manager's team selection & tactics.

If I have to pick a MOTM, I'd say either Herd or Gabby for both having slightly more life than those around them.

I gave motm to Herd for being the only one who gave a shit.

I am glass half full, but there is no denying that that was absolutely abysmal, embarrassing and should not be tolerated.

We had 10 players and a management team out there tonight who did not give a fannys arse about our club. I can forgive McLeaish for the line up, I didnt agree with it, but if it had come off then he would have been a hero.

But to be 2-0 down having less than 30% posession and playing as if they were watching a film on their Iphones - he doesnt even bother trying to change it.

And when he does, he takes the only two players off who actually bothered to put their feet in where it hurts.

Hutton and Heskey - well, I have always said, Heskey is the worst player in my 41 yrs to wear a Villa shirt. But I tell you this, Hutton is gonna run him close.

Anyway, there is just too much wrong to write about.

That was absolutely crap, and the fans deserve an apology.

Man of the match - Harry Reknapp's heart surgeon for timing his operation so he comes back and his team have the easiest of run outs.

Never going to experience stress in that match.

Would love to see how many passes we actually complete along the ground!

Can we just fast forward to January now. Please?

I should probably just shut the computer and not post. The posters here that despise everything from the owner to the stewards are beyond maddening. But in all honesty, there really wasn't much to feel good about from tonight.

I think the manager tried something a bit creative and outside the box. He clearly watched what some other teams have done and gave it a shot. A point for effort, but it wasn't working, so he lost that point for not being flexible to revert to another plan quickly.

Spurs walked it. If it wasn't decided when the team sheet was handed in - Hutton and Heskey (mostly) in midfield, a DC at DR - it was absolutely irretrievable once they got the first. What a breeze for Tottenham. Glad we could help with Harry's recovery.

absolutle shambles, the set up of the the teams was very poor, 7 defenders on the pitch, and thats not including hesky, who must only be on the pitch to defend, and i think mclleish must think were all stupid to think he is on there to attack, to not make a couple of changes at half time was a joke, not a clue!! how on earth can u expect to go and challenge a team when there is 2 attaking minded players on the pitch, and the changes he did make were a job. why take culler off when hutton was having a shocking game,

i really am losing paitence with mcliesh now, we play best with a 442 formation with gabby and bent up front and a midfield with midfield player there no hesky no herd (even tho he was the best player for us out there)

and to top it all off we will be in the religation zone after xmas with our run in!!!

Setting up with six defencemen wouldn't have been my choice but okay - had he pulled off a 0-0 I'd have given him credit but what I don't accept is that at 0-2 down we do bugger all to change things. That's just accepting defeat !

He should never have played Bent in this one. He's a goalscorer but a lousy target man - we should have gone with two whippets up front to at least make Spurs work. Bent was half asleep and looked completely disinterested.

**** utter bollocks

we are a vile team....

swansea, qpr and norwich will finish above us this season with a worse squad..

why? coz they are being told to have a go at teams and play to their strength without worrying too much about the superior opposition....

whereas we will double up on a player like Bale (in the end very badly), to the detriment of our own style of play and who isnt even spurs most dangerous player

disgusting...how low we have sunk

I should probably just shut the computer and not post. The posters here that despise everything from the owner to the stewards are beyond maddening. But in all honesty, there really wasn't much to feel good about from tonight.

I think the manager tried something a bit creative and outside the box. He clearly watched what some other teams have done and gave it a shot. A point for effort, but it wasn't working, so he lost that point for not being flexible to revert to another plan quickly.

You think the manager tried something creative? What creative bit did you see because I must have blinked and missed it!

How can 6 defensive players from the start be creative? Wake up.

Â