• Cuéllar
    • Petrov
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Bannan (for Cuéllar 63)
    • Delph (for Herd 87)

WTF Collins and Hutton must have VT accounts?? Who the **** else would have voted for them as MOTM????

For me the men of the match were the loyal Villa away fans who sang their hearts out the whole game even with the utter tripe being served up by the manager and players. Lads I salute you!

This was only Spuds, a team who up until last year were our closest rivals in the league. Last night to concede the game in the dressing room before getting out on the pitch was disgraceful. Last year we had Houllier scouse love in now we have McUseless giving up before the game started! What is he going to do against Manure or Chelsea? Do we have 10 outfield defensive players?

God loves a tryer, well he must **** hate McUseless!!

WTF Collins and Hutton must have VT accounts?? Who the **** else would have voted for them as MOTM????

For me the men of the match were the loyal Villa away fans who sang their hearts out the whole game even with the utter tripe being served up by the manager and players. Lads I salute you!

This was only Spuds, a team who up until last year were our closest rivals in the league. Last night to concede the game in the dressing room before getting out on the pitch was disgraceful. Last year we had Houllier scouse love in now we have McUseless giving up before the game started! What is he going to do against Manure or Chelsea? Do we have 10 outfield defensive players?

God loves a tryer, well he must **** hate McUseless!!

In all fairness, Spurs are a very good side nowadays. Looking at it in isolation losing 2-0 isn't such a bad result. The manner of it however is a different manner.

As much as we dislike ole Redknapp he is a shrewd man and a top manager as well.

Not only did he get £4m for Alan Hutton, but he let us train up his defensive prospect in Kyle Walker last year. Rather than buckling into Chelsea and Modric he stuck to his guns and refused to sell, and he has them playing lovely stuff.

When you set up to avoid losing like that you are only going to end up with one result because once the dam wall bursts there is no repairing it. The Hutton at right-mid move was about as successful as the time MON played Aaron Hughes as a DM to man-mark Ronaldo in the FA Cup against Man Utd.

Thing is Bale rarely does much against us. You can keep him quiet with some solid man-to-man physical marking.

Still the set-up could have worked but apparently we have no players capable of (a) controlling the ball and (B) laying off a pass more than 10 yards in front of them.

Warnock in particular was a joke tonight and Heskey, well, we can all wish him gone but whatever mesmerising hold he has over the Premier League managers of this world it does not seem to be abating in any way.

Herd was our best player. Yes he lost the ball a few times but by and large he presented himself, found targets when he passed and looked to try and create things when he had the ball. All very foreign stuff for a Villa player.

And I don't often say this but I thought Halsey did an excellent job. The Stadium Sniper was picking off Spurs players all night and I don't think he fell for it once, even when Bale did a swan dive into the box. VDV's diving was an utter disgrace.

In all fairness, Spurs are a very good side nowadays. Looking at it in isolation losing 2-0 isn't such a bad result. The manner of it however is a different manner.

I agree Spurs are a good side that's why they really didn't need McLeish's help tonight. They could have beaten us without the lame ass tactics and negative to the gill player selection that daft clown through out on the pitch. It is soooooo hard to stay positive and to remain in a the glass is half full mindset dealing with this shit head. He called the defensive errors a circus and I say well no wonder because the team has a clown in charge.

This is beyond a joke tonight. Spurs have beaten Arsenal and Liverpool this season and haven't lost in the league since August. What did people expect us to do. Yes we could have lost by 3 or 4 ( probably should have done better with a couple of chances ourselves) but just about any team in the league would expect the same at White Hart Lane. Spurs will more than likely finish 3rd in the league. It's all well and good saying we should have gone for it and lost 4-2 but we'd probably have lost 10-0 if we'd played an attacking team today. Move on and concentrate on a tricky but more realisticly winnable game away at a good footballing side like Swansea. The gap between the top 7 and the rest of the league is now at 7 points and theres a good reason for it. Those sides ( with the possible exception of Newcastle are a mile ahead of the rest of the league). Well done Spurs on a very efficient performance but who was expecting us to get anything tonight really?

I don't think anyone was expecting Villa to go give Spurs a lesson in football, but that's not the point. People are angry, because we went there and didn't even give it a go. We were set up negatively, and it was obvious from the moment the side was announced that we weren't entertaining the idea of actually trying to win the game. They lacked passion, energy, and not one of then looked like they wanted to be there. I'm sorry, but I don't care where we go, I expect any Villa side to be competitive at least. We gave Spurs far too much respect, and frankly they were an embarrassment to shirt and the club. I feel sorry for the fans (who I could hear all night, and were brilliant as usual) who paid to go and watch it. They are the heart and soul of our club, and deserve better.

This is beyond a joke tonight. Spurs have beaten Arsenal and Liverpool this season and haven't lost in the league since August. What did people expect us to do. Yes we could have lost by 3 or 4 ( probably should have done better with a couple of chances ourselves) but just about any team in the league would expect the same at White Hart Lane. Spurs will more than likely finish 3rd in the league. It's all well and good saying we should have gone for it and lost 4-2 but we'd probably have lost 10-0 if we'd played an attacking team today. Move on and concentrate on a tricky but more realisticly winnable game away at a good footballing side like Swansea. The gap between the top 7 and the rest of the league is now at 7 points and theres a good reason for it. Those sides ( with the possible exception of Newcastle are a mile ahead of the rest of the league). Well done Spurs on a very efficient performance but who was expecting us to get anything tonight really?

I don't think anyone was expecting Villa to go give Spurs a lesson in football, but that's not the point. People are angry, because we went there and didn't even give it a go. We were set up negatively, and it was obvious from the moment the side was announced that we weren't entertaining the idea of actually trying to win the game. They lacked passion, energy, and not one of then looked like they wanted to be there. I'm sorry, but I don't care where we go, I expect any Villa side to be competitive at least. We gave Spurs far too much respect, and frankly they were an embarrassment to shirt and the club. I feel sorry for the fans (who I could hear all night, and were brilliant as usual) who paid to go and watch it. They are the heart and soul of our club, and deserve better.

Exactly! With the team selection and set up tonight McUseless had felt that we were going to get battered and tried to minimise the score. To have given up before the game starts may be acceptable down the sty but I never want it to be acceptable at VP!

Just some housekeeping....

Is Herd trying to model himself on Barton

What's the Hitler tash all about ??

This.

And its not just Australia either. Jenas has grown one as as Collins. Not easy to see Collins's of course being a ginger. A bit like his contribution as a defender.

In a game that we offered nothing at all, that we didn't even try to play football and that it was almost embarrassing to be a fan a few people enjoy special mention

Collins = Total crap at fault for both goals but not quite as bad as...

Hutton = totally useless I honestly feel that myself as an overweight 44 year old bloke would do better on the pitch than this useless lump. I hope to god Beye has a call back in his deal with Donny as I would be on the phone today

Bannan = Should have been nowhere near the first team. Are we that desperate that he needed to be?

Heskey = Our best player on the night for me and he was rubbish

Mcleish = Your true abilities come shining through. We never even looked like a team and the worry for me is that we actually came across like we thought a 2-0 defeat was a decent result. As appalling as you are as a manager you are not solely toblame though...

Lerner = Some really great decisions over the last two years has led us to this thanks again.

LERNER OUT

What a load a tosh that was. 6 defenders on the pitch from the start? I/we can all see that Spurs wingers were going to be the problem yesterday but the way we were set up was embarassing. Then we go on to gift them 2 easy goals (another from a set piece).

Unbelievable that Eck didnt change it up at half time.

Warnock was a bag of shit, got skinned by Lennon every time, Heskey was cleaning up for him half the time.

Warnock and Collins need to be dropped ASAP. Thought Cuellar wasnt too bad defensivly but resorted to type by hoofing it.

Gabby had a poor game, in the times he had the ball he didnt use any intellegence. Just tried to outpace Walker. If anything he should have just out muscled him.

Bent had nothing offered to him. But he was one of the many players who couldnt control the ball.

Petrov, did he play?

It's becoming far to common now Villa playing away to better teams and just bending over and allowing the opposition to win without even giving it a go. Spurs had 70% FFS.

Eck needs to sort his strongest first XI out ASAP. Need some consistancy in the team. Only problem is WHO IS OUR BEST STARTING MIDFIELD?? all a bunch of square pegs in round holes.

What did people expect us to do.

Try.

I can stomach losing if we actually turn up. We were nothing but a mild inconvenience to Spurs last night, it was like watching a practice game between attackers and defenders.

Herd was awful, is awful and shouldn't play

Were you watching the same game? Herd was just about the only player willing to attempt to put pressure on the ball, the only player to compete and win a few 50/50's, the only player who wasn't afraid to put the boot in and the only player that managed to beat a man the entire game. I'd have had 10 Chris Herd's on the pitch over that shower of shite.

Â