• Cuéllar
    • Petrov
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Bannan (for Cuéllar 63)
    • Delph (for Herd 87)

wouldn't worry for our PL status because, in teams which are shitter than us, AM will actually try and win, it's just this mindless, cretinous, unfathomable quitting before a ball's kicked attitude against "better" sides that is just truly shameful.

We'll stay up comfortably, against Swansea we will play football which is the most frustrating part of it all, but this complete alphabetispaghetti-for-brains is too scared. Look, Alex, we can accept defeat, you won't get hammered in and of itself for losing a match, but for not trying - even against west brom with ten men?

Go perform the anatomically extraordinary.

spurs are a top drawer football side, i hope they get cl this season, they have so many class players, it was no shame to lose to them, van der vaart is a genius, 1 of the best players in the world without question

Yea let's praise up the opposition. That will hide the fact that we are shit!

spurs are a top drawer football side, i hope they get cl this season, they have so many class players, it was no shame to lose to them, van der vaart is a genius, 1 of the best players in the world without question

You're making things worse SGC! :evil:

Did you see the game ?

No shame ??

We treated them like world beaters, it was shocking.

There is never any shame in losing to anyone but there is no excusing the manner of that rubbish, or excusing how we have suddenly become so inferior to them.

(Sorry about the underlines etc - edit)

It's no shame to lose to Spurs true but it most definitely is in that manner. Spurs could have scored as many as they liked had they felt the need to get out of 1st gear, it was like watching a friendly. They will not have many more games where they have to do so little to be so dominant. Shamrock Rovers gave them more of a game than that.

It becomes clear, SGC is a Spurs troll!

In answer to above question Herd was one of our best performers, purely because we spent most of the game without the ball mind. He still wasn't great but at least put the effort and a few challenges in.

I can't really remember Bannan doing anything of note. An anonymous performance by his own standards, but seeing as we never had the ball and he was out wide that isn't really a shock.

Dire performance, but honestly what were people expecting?

We never win at Spurs anyway, plus when you consider Spurs are third in the league, with a wealth of international talent at their disposal, then realistically we didn't stand much of a chance.

Add to that, the fact that we sold our two best players in the summer,

coupled with Randy's reluctance to invest, and its going to be a long hard season.

IMO, even if McLeish goes, Randy still has to get his check book out, otherwise we're f@~ked!

You're making things worse SGC! :evil:

they are a great side, it was no shame to lose to them, that's all i'm saying

I expected worse than 2-0 we just don't have the players (or manager).

Watched it in a pub with a **** jazz band playing so I couldn't hear anything. A friend text you could hear our away contingent singing "pay your tax m'lord". I hope this is true!

Did you see the game ?

No shame ??

We treated them like world beaters, it was shocking.

There is never any shame in losing to anyone but there is no excusing the manner of that rubbish, or excusing how we have suddenly become so inferior to them.

(Sorry about the underlines etc - edit)

they are a top side, modric and vdv are 2 of the best players in europe, they are superb

I Missed the game to go and play 5 a side, but interested to know how Herd and Bannan got on?

Herd was the one midfielder who did seem to be pressing & putting in a few challenges. Not great on the ball & his efforts didn't really do much to stop Spurs, but better than most in our team (not that this says a lot).

Bannan only had half hour and we'd already given up the game by the point of his introduction, so hard to judge him too much. He wasted a couple of crosses but did manage to pass the ball to another Villa player's feet a few times, which was a step up from most..

Very poor tonight. After the first goal on 15 minutes I thought we would get slaughtered so the only good thing I can say is we only lost by two but I think that was more about Spurs not trying.

I watched the first half did not bother with most of the second half as it was abundantly clear we would get nothing out of the game and we were truly awful. Yes Spurs are a good side, miles better than us, but what really got to me was the attitude and motivation of our players. They could not give a monkeys.

The tactics were a shambles. We clearly played for a draw but with our defensive record? FFS??!! When can we ever defend anything. One draw for AMcL being our manager was supposed to be he could organise our atrocious defence. Clearly that's not working.

OK we have had the heart ripped out of the side with losing Young and Downing and AMcL has had to live with that but we are being organised in a piss poor way. You can't help but think another manager could do better.

As for ratings I thought Herd did OK and Gabby gave it a go. On the downside Hutton is woeful and Heskey offers nothing. Collins is little short of a complete liability in defence. Bizarre really when we too have other options in all those areas.

They may be a top side now but a few years ago we were ahead of them! Unfortunately we have sold our best players and not backed the manager and they have kept their best players and backed theirs. Look at how they held on to Modric this year despite the player wanting to leave.

How have so many people voted for the truly horrendous Herd and none for our only half decent player Gabby? You are all insane.

If you think Herd was horrendous then suggest you need help as he was head and shoulders our best player

lol!!! he hoofed it to no one about 10 times in a row, yeah fantastic player, he has one of the worst first touches i have ever seen.

Â