• Petrov
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Bannan (for Cuéllar 63)
    • Delph (for Herd 87)

Awful, awful, awful.

James Collins has to be dropped at this point. He's having a truly awful season and, unlike Dunne, it isn't a dip in form - he's by a distance the most unintelligent footballer I've seen in the top flight. Always travelling/sliding/diving for the ball and once again it cost us cheap goals.

Heskey too - what a waste of time.

Most of all McLeish needs to take the kids gloves off and get real with the squad and with himself. Spurs are a fine team but our tactics and attitude were totally wrong for tonight.

Dreadful.

Doctor: Now Harry I want you to take it easy after your operation so don't get returning to the dug out for the next game as it is likely to set your pulse racing and cause a relapse.

Redknob: But we are playing an Alex McLeish inspired Villa team next.

Doctor: Oh in that case there's no problem with you returning to the dug out, there's no way any team inspired by Alex McLeish will set anyones pulse racing.

Bent will leave in Jan window....can't blame him to be honest if he wants to play in Euro 2012s.

Oh FFS, If he wants to go EURO's then he can **** start trying!

Absolutely sick of this bloke escaping criticism. Was probably our worst player and should have done better on 3 occasions in front of goal.

I do blame the players for defensive mistakes & for general lethargy, but this was a loss made by the manager's team selection & tactics.
Truth.

If you're going to park the bus, you have to drill it into them on the training ground that the ball needs to be pressurised at all times (and hope for a performance like the England vs Spain friendly). Can't have been done.

If you're going to bring Cuellar back after a long absence, for a very tough game, you have to be sure he can come straight back at 100% performance. He couldn't.

If you're going to have Hutton doubling up, you have to make sure he knows how to defend and tackle. He probably never will.

If you're going to have Heskey on the wing... um... if you're going to have Heskey on the wing, well, you have to... no, I give up. Why would you have Heskey on the wing.

If your rubbish plan immediately starts to fail, you have to at least try to change it. Um... please?

So yes, dismal from the players. But stunningly bad from AMC.

I can't even get angry any longer. McLeish has drained my enthusiasm and any belief. If we get any points it is an unexpected bonus. If we lose it is no more than I have come to expect.

What has become of my Villa? Reduced to this after promising so much less than 2 years ago.

Where are McLeishs supporters after that crap?

Wouldn't say supporter. I was willing to give him time to make his mark on the team.

Time's up now. Please let the first thing I read tomorrow morning be "McLeish sacked. On the way back from an appalling showing at White Hart Lane, Randy Lerner personally stopped the bus and kicked Alex McLeish on to the side of the motorway, whilst throwing his P45 at him. Reports suggest that as the bus drove off, the players threw handfuls of their own faeces at the clueless disgrace."

Wouldn't say supporter. I was willing to give him time to make his mark on the team.

Time's up now. Please let the first thing I read tomorrow morning be "McLeish sacked. On the way back from an appalling showing at White Hart Lane, Randy Lerner personally stopped the bus and kicked Alex McLeish on to the side of the motorway, whilst throwing his P45 at him. Reports suggest that as the bus drove off, the players threw handfuls of their own faeces at the clueless disgrace."

I think a lot were willing to give him time just weren't very vocal about it, but at least people now see it cannot go on.

so who here would rather we played Nzogbia and Bannan and just went for it? I'd rather we lost 4:2 and gave it a **** good try than 2:0 an the most inept performance i have seen from a Villa team in decades.

Id rather lose 100-0 and give it a good try

I think a lot were willing to give him time just weren't very vocal about it, but at least people now see it cannot go on.

we will just get more propaghanda from Lerner about what a good choice Eck was and Eck/the club will no doubt post another article soon about how great Heskey is and how Hutton is getting better all the time!

Â