The first 5 tracks on your iPod

wiggyrichard

Which mix though, Airscape or DJ Tiësto?

Who me? :?

Er, no Eames; "Silence" by Delerium.

As far as I'm aware, there are no epic Dutch trance versions of Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince. :)

Well there SHOULD be. :lol:

As far as I'm aware, there are no epic Dutch trance versions of Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince. :)

Tell you what, I'll send Ferry Corsten a copy of Men In Black and we'll see what happens.

Tell you what, I'll send Ferry Corsten a copy of Men In Black and we'll see what happens.

It'd be easy enough to do......

**repetetive 3 chord keyboard riff**

**b-b-b-b-b-b-ooooom s-s-s-s-s-s--shaaaaaakeeeeee the r-o-o-o-o-o-ommmm**

**rapid snare drum roll**

**BOOM shake shake shake tha room**

Jobs a goodun.

**** me I hate dance music. :(

Airscape ftw.

Ah, good choice. The Airscape version got all the radio play, the Tiësto one got all the club play if I remember rightly. Always had a slight preference for the Airscape one, but they're both awesome.

'kin hell, this thread has turned me into a gleeful schoolchild.

Wasnt the full version about 8 minutes long?! :shock:

Well, most full versions of trance songs are all about 8 minutes long. Unless you want to listen to some prog or tech-trance, then it's fair game and anything up to 12 minutes (by which point I imagine poor Eames would have ripped his own eardrums out).

It'd be easy enough to do......

**repetetive 3 chord keyboard riff**

**b-b-b-b-b-b-ooooom s-s-s-s-s-s--shaaaaaakeeeeee the r-o-o-o-o-o-ommmm**

**rapid snare drum roll**

**BOOM shake shake shake tha room**

Jobs a goodun.

**** me I hate dance music. :(

no no no,

massive no

listen to something like Fused - Terror.

nice funky deep bassline with varying rhythm.

yes there is repetition there but you could say most "proper" music is

verse

chorus

verse

chorus

mid -8/solo

chorus

chorus

end

to which the chorus and verse are the same.

i.e. Beatles, Oasis, blur, Stone Roses (apart from the extended version of IATR)

after all nearly every song has some kind of repetition to it.

Well, most full versions of trance songs are all about 8 minutes long. Unless you want to listen to some prog or tech-trance, then it's fair game and anything up to 12 minutes (by which point I imagine poor Eames would have ripped his own eardrums out).

4 minutes at most. :puke:

Now, give me Dream Theater's 40 minute opus "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence" or Emerson Lake and Palmer's "Tarkus" and I'm like a pig in shit.

no no no,

massive no

verse

chorus

verse

chorus

mid -8/solo

chorus

chorus

end

i.e. Beatles, Oasis, blur, Stone Roses (apart from the extended version of IATR)

I admire your rousing defence of the genre KL, but alas I learnt long ago that arguing the subtle nuances of electronica with someone who doesn't like it is a futile act.

Though I suppose the same could be said of any genre, but it did always seem that aversions to dance/trance etc. were generally more fervent; the layman won't hear beyond *dum-tsss dum-tsss dum-tsss bleep-bleep*. Which is fair enough.

no no no,

massive no

verse

chorus

verse

chorus

mid -8/solo

chorus

chorus

end

I admire your rousing defence of the genre KL, but alas I learnt long ago that arguing the subtle nuances of electronica with someone who doesn't like it is a futile act.

Though I suppose the same could be said of any genre, but it did always seem that aversions to dance/trance etc. were generally more fervent; the layman won't hear beyond *dum-tsss dum-tsss dum-tsss bleep-bleep*. Which is fair enough.

I'm not saying the genre is without merit - but its not my prefered flavour.

I wouldn't expect everyone to appreciate the growl and roar of Michael Akerfelt for the same reasons.

Â