John Terry

CI

Racism should not be an 8 game ban.

Racism is bad but it's just words at the end of the day.

8 game bans should be reserved for violent assaults and what not.

So if you were playing football and you had running fued with a player you'd sooner racially abuse them the clatter them?

As it is only words would you racially abuse a player or person? If not why not if it's only words?

Coming from an Ethnic Minority, As a Sikh Racism should not be tolerated, thier is no space for it in football, so if it's okay for John Terry to say it on the pitch, that means it was okay for the Spurs fans to do the same to Sol Campbell, it also means Monkey chants are allowed?

I didn't say it was okay just that 8 games is too harsh.

When Pedro Mendes got forearm smashed and knocked out the player who did that got 8 games.

When Pedro Mendes got forearm smashed and knocked out the player who did that got 8 games.

I just don't **** understand this guy. Desperate for the Noses to play in a league above their standard just so he can have a derby match most people are embarrassed to associate themselves with, and now sympathiser of John Terry and racism in the game. I just don't **** understand the logic. Is there any?

I suspect TRS-T may be the sort of 'fan' that has a sizeable collection of Stone Island clothing...

I just don't **** understand this guy. Desperate for the Noses to play in a league above their standard just so he can have a derby match most people are embarrassed to associate themselves with, and now sympathiser of John Terry and racism in the game. I just don't **** understand the logic. Is there any?

I suspect TRS-T may be the sort of 'fan' that has a sizeable collection of Stone Island clothing...

I strongly disagree with 99% of what TRS-T says regarding racism.

That said, I do think he has a point regarding the Pedro Mendes situation. The 2 shouldn't quite be on the same level as far as I'm concerned. That's not to say 8 games (for Terry & co) is too harsh necessarily, but just that I don't think it should carry quite the same punishment as hospitalising someone.

Perhaps whatshisface should has just been banned for a little longer.

How about considering an 8 game ban is not enough for INTENTIONALLY hospitalising someone? What about Roy Keane's assault on Alfe Inge Haaland?

There is no excuse for racism.

Why do we have to discern between the penalties anyway? The bans serve as a deterrent to specific kinds of behavior, and it seems in this case the FA deems racial abuse and violent conduct equally disgraceful and thus deserving of 8 match bans.

I think that is actually admirable, regardless of whether it's the right number of matches, to attempt to take not only violence out of the game, but other elements that are disgraceful and have no place in the game.

I doubt it . TRS-T is teenage black kid who attends King Edward's school .

He is just a very effective troller.

You appear to have missed my questions TRS-T.

I will add another one for you, as in your view "its just words" do you think racism should be a punishable offence? If so what punishment do you think is fitting?

I would say 3 or 4 game ban.

Like I say, 8 games should be for like violent assaults (Pedro Mendes or Pepe.)

Tom Adeyemi was crying after the racist abuse at Anfield. "Just words" my arse.

That was a bit of a overreaction tbf.

An idiot in the crowd shouts something and he starts crying in the middle of the match?

You'd think as a footballer he would be used to getting abuse off the crowd.

An idiot in the crowd shouts something and he starts crying in the middle of the match?

And therein lies your complete lack of understanding of the differences between mere abuse and racist abuse. Until you can 'get' the difference, w.r.t. punishments etc, your comments I'm afraid will carry zero weight on the matter. Your posts are making you look at best out-dated and ill-informed on the subject.

So you believe abuse is acceptable?

So, say someone called your mother a spasticated spunk bucket as she walked down the street, purely as an example. I wouldn't condone that sort of thing myself as it is offensive and completely unnecessary. Nothing good can come from it whatsoever. I'd imagine you be disappointed and distressed by it.

But I have to ask, what would your reaction be to that? And how would it differ to shouting pointless offensive and racist abuse at a football match?

Â