Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Does anybody else think Warnock is playing well? I like the way he actually likes to play the ball on the ground and look for a man.

This game could go either way. Our long ball tactics are a joke mind.

I've noticed he isn't diving in everytime this season, he stands his ground and jockeys his man until the right momemt/help arrives. Looks a totally different player to last year. Pleased with him, Petrov, Gabby and Nzog so far.

Heskey has done nothing but gift them the goal, ridiculous decision to play him today.

Agree with pretty much everything there.

Collins and Dunne drive me insane with there long ball nonsense. If you watch it closely in the second half it drives you mad! at least Warnock tries to play football.

Does anybody else think Warnock is playing well? I like the way he actually likes to play the ball on the ground and look for a man.

This game could go either way. Our long ball tactics are a joke mind.

I've noticed he isn't diving in everytime this season, he stands his ground and jockeys his man until the right momemt/help arrives. Looks a totally different player to last year. Pleased with him, Petrov, Gabby and Nzog so far.

Heskey has done nothing but gift them the goal, ridiculous decision to play him today.

if n'zogbia wasn't fouled, heskey's pass would have been very good, ridiculous to blame him

Heskey played fine the first 20 or so minutes. Minus a bad shot, a wayward pass over the top for Bent, he's done what's required as a psychical presence in the center. Wasn't at fault for their goal given the foal. I mean I don't know what else people expect him him to do today in all honesty.

Sadly enough if we take heskey off we will lose alot of height and the defensive side of his game. Sunderlands set pieces from laarson will become even more dangerous they have some big players

If only we had a back 4 that can defend them and a keeper that can command his area and collect the ball dont get me wrong Given is a great shotstopper but that is the weaker side of his game

Sunderland have already had about 4 free headers already and lucky for us have converted zero.

Heskey played fine the first 20 or so minutes. Minus a bad shot, a wayward pass over the top for Bent, he's done what's required as a psychical presence in the center. Wasn't at fault for their goal given the foal. I mean I don't know what else people expect him him to do today in all honesty.

I know people consider Heskey to be something of a Donkey, but a foal? Really?

Sadly enough if we take heskey off we will lose alot of height and the defensive side of his game. Sunderlands set pieces from laarson will become even more dangerous they have some big players

If only we had a back 4 that can defend them and a keeper that can command his area and collect the ball dont get me wrong Given is a great shotstopper but that is the weaker side of his game

Sunderland have already had about 4 free headers already and lucky for us have converted zero.

As you say they've been winning everything in our box so far even with Heskey on the pitch. Those headers wouldn't have been any freer in his absence. I think he does a job for us, but not in his current form and certainly not in the position he's playing.

I know people consider Heskey to be something of a Donkey, but a foal? Really?

N'Zogbia was fouled by Vaughn leading up to the equaliser after exchanging passes with Heskey. The man is a machine at times.

Game's crying out for a change.

I'll stop with the Heskey things, but he's honestly just occupying space. The fact that he doesn't look like he gives a shit isn't helping either.

N'Zog has looked good, but isn't a winger. The sooner Eck realizes this the better, but he looks far too uncomfortable trying to cross and is always going for the shot when he gets the ball outside the area. Gabby's tried and tried, but he's far more dangerous up front than on the wing.

And so we have 4 strikers with no nuance of link up play (besides arguably Gabby) and two defensive minded CM's.

Hoof away.