Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

The fact is in the summer we got rid of out 3 best players and kept every single one of the shite players from last season. Then we preceded to let our only other CL quality player leave and replace him with an injury prone one. Then we sell our most consistent defender and replace him with the "Scottish Cafu".

Might as well have given the job to McAllister. Watching McLeish's team is **** crap.

Heskey is just utter shambles right now. For once we have a DM that's getting around the pitch, but we just have a mindless mass occupying the middle instead of getting the ball around.

Gabby, Petrov, and N'Zog have looked good. Herd is getting around the pitch well, but looks a bit lost on the ball right now. Hutton has looked predictably shaky whenever the ball is down his side and N'Zog's lackadaisical covering isn't helping.

N'Zog has looked good going forward, but is too left-footed for me right now. Every time he cuts it back, the defenders look well prepared for it and it's obvious he doesn't want to go on his right.

I'd either bring Ireland in for Heskey's role or Albrighton in for Heskey and play a straight 442.

Does anybody else think Warnock is playing well? I like the way he actually likes to play the ball on the ground and look for a man.

This game could go either way. Our long ball tactics are a joke mind.

looked our best player so far for me

so far its a standard villa performance that i expect every time we step on the pitch....

Bent touches the ball twice and is nowhere near any other player or the ball......

Zogbia runs into 3 players or blazes it over the bar or gets shoved off the ball....

Gabby stuck on the wing trying tirelessly to turn himself into Ashley Young...

Heskey throwing his weight around as an attacking midfielder....

oh and of course not being able to protect a lead...

i cannot comprehend how our manager views this as our best line up and is happy to watch this brand of football

Piss off Mcleish

Does anybody else think Warnock is playing well? I like the way he actually likes to play the ball on the ground and look for a man.

This game could go either way. Our long ball tactics are a joke mind.

I've noticed he isn't diving in everytime this season, he stands his ground and jockeys his man until the right momemt/help arrives. Looks a totally different player to last year. Pleased with him, Petrov, Gabby and Nzog so far.

Heskey has done nothing but gift them the goal, ridiculous decision to play him today.

Heskey is just utter shambles right now. For once we have a DM that's getting around the pitch, but we just have a mindless mass occupying the middle instead of getting the ball around.

Gabby, Petrov, and N'Zog have looked good. Herd is getting around the pitch well, but looks a bit lost on the ball right now. Hutton has looked predictably shaky whenever the ball is down his side and N'Zog's lackadaisical covering isn't helping.

N'Zog has looked good going forward, but is too left-footed for me right now. Every time he cuts it back, the defenders look well prepared for it and it's obvious he doesn't want to go on his right.

I'd either bring Ireland in for Heskey's role or Albrighton in for Heskey and play a straight 442.

Good summation. I'd like to see a half time change for once but I just know it isn't going to happen. It should though. Aside from a wonder strike we'd be nailed on for defeat under the current tactics. Heskey just shouldn't have started in that deep role, since he did nothing in the previous two games to justify it and nothing since the kickoff either.