How much is Gabby worth ?

walesavfc

To me Gabby is one of the more underrated players in the league, always amazes me when fans of other clubs (and even on here ) just seem to think he's a speed merchant.

Maybe in 2006 but since then he's improved his strength, finishing and his technique seems to have come on a lot over the last 6 months. Only thing I'd like to see from him now is to go on to regularly score more than once in a game, when he scores one goal he often dosen't regularly go on to get a brace or even a hattrick. once he does that he could be touching 20 goals.

I think I also put it on here a few years ago after he scored against Fulham, he's also reasonably two footed as he set up the Bent goal with his left foot and he's scored quite a few with his left down the years.

He does, however, have a knack of scoring those single goals in important games and against the bigger sides as well. I would love to see what he could do in his current form alongside an attacking 3 of Milner, Downing and Bent.

Downing ----- Milner ------ Gabby

---------------- Bent ---------------

Before anyone posts I know this is not happening, except maybe for England?

I wouldnt want us to sell him at any price...simple as.

He's one of us.

and that's a very rare thing these days....

His goals this season have been simply splendid. Gabby has come on a treat since his early days and that surely has to be down to the hard work he's put in and the coaching staff at BMH.

to answer the thread title....

More to Villa than possibly he would be... if he were sold to another club.

If we can give him space to run into then he is the most dangerous striker out there. Running onto a ball I don't think there is anyone in the world who could catch him.

Ronaldo and Lennon with the ball are quicker but without I don't think they are.

If we can get him running at Kompany then £5 days company gets two yellows before 70 minutes.

That's like saying Petrov should have passed it square against Everton instead of shooting, or Gary Cahill should have headed the ball back across the area against small heath rather than try a ridiculous overhead kick. It makes absolutely no sense what you are saying IMO.

They are strange examples. If you watch Barca/Arsenal they would usually pass in the situation Gabby was in. In this instance he scored so no problem but play that scenario 100 times over 50 times he passes to Bent, 50 times he shoots. Now which scenario would result in the most goals? :winkold:

It's a real pet-hate of mine I've even called Bannan out for it earlier in the season (and so did Mcleish).

Arsenal built a dynasty on this extra pass concept, and still score plenty of goals with it.

Its easier enough to coach. You just play small sided games in a 40 x 40 square and make the goals about 2 yards across! I dont always subscribe to the "extra pass" as overegging the omellette was one of the criticisms levelled against Arsenal for a couple of years.

I guess the thing to look at is if a player is confident and scoring goals, let him do what feels right. Everything Gabby hits at the moment is going in, so let him have a crack. Would Bent have laid that ball square if he was on form, doubt it.

Looking at Gabby generally, he is back to the form he had when MON played him as a lone striker. He is mobile, strong and looking to run past players. In this form he almost unplayable, now it is a case of keeping his confidence levels up.

West Ham away last year, Wigan away last year as well, and that was a terrible season. Home and away v Fulham in 09/10, at Arsenal, etc. He always scores important goals.

Of course he's nowhere near as good as Ronaldo.... nor will he ever be. But he'll be as important to us as Ronaldo was to United.

Go on Gab, go for the golden boot. :lol:

Either way, he's certainly going to be a formidable player (hopefully) this year.

I like the fact that he's now seems to be creating chances for himself more. For his goals against Blackburn and Wigan, he's used skill or sheer pace to get away from his marker and get a shot off, it's something ive always wished he would do more and it's something I hope he continues to do. That wide forward position could hopefully be the making of him

But he'll be as important to us as Ronaldo was to United.

Not sure I agree with that either.

Well not the same level, I mean for the respective clubs. He scores and assists, he's our vital player. Hence why he is going to need to be our Ronaldo.

Â