The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Apart from a few isolated idiots he hasn't really had what I would call abuse.

What he has had is an awful lot of people, far far more united in their views than normal, saying the same thing.

And that follows an awful lot of people with whom we usually disagree (Blues) saying the same thing also.

It totally baffles me how the wider media and a (obviously incredibly easily pleased) minority of Villa fans aren't joining in.

He is like a mini version of the banking crisis - causing untold damage for years to come whilst getting a fortune and not being around later as the ordinary guys cope with the mess.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that annoyed me the most was on talkSPORT on Saturday when Collymore was still harping on about the "Blues connection" crap and that we lost quality players like Downing and Young so all of a sudden our whole squad is rubbish.

How McLeish manages to be held in such high regard by people in the media is one of life's great mysteries.

The thing that annoyed me the most was on talkSPORT on Saturday when Collymore was still harping on about the "Blues connection" crap and that we lost quality players like Downing and Young so all of a sudden our whole squad is rubbish.

How McLeish manages to be held in such high regard by people in the media is one of life's great mysteries.

What pundits and the media miss is that we would have loved it had he been a success here. How great would it have been for us to poach their manager and then have him bring us success?

McLeish is part of the old boys clique, that's how he gets away with murder where as managers like AVB are constantly hounded by the press.

Inspired by a post earlier in the thread by Richard I can picture a "were not fickle" banner from the top of the Holte that says;

"Its not where you came from its where you're taking us! McLeish out!"

Perhaps then people might start to get the message.

Yes I am sick of hearing that, as if Young and Downing were the two most gifted players on the planet.

How is it that people seriously suggest that those 2 going accounts for the totla shambles we are in ? Of quality atttacking players we have lost Milner, Downing, Young, and gained Ireland, Nzogbia, and Bent, from the side that fineshed 6th. (The 3 we gained would walk into any side outside the Top 5 )

How the F'''' is that an an excuse to drop from 6th to a relegation fight ?

Inspired by a post earlier in the thread by Richard I can picture a "were not fickle" banner from the top of the Holte that says;

"Its not where you came from its where you're taking us! McLeish out!"

Perhaps then people might start to get the message.

That was one of mine (It seems it will get a lot of use so have considered copyrighting it !)from a list of about 6, everyone seems to like it, and I have been busy putting it on the bottom of emails to the Guardian, Sky, Talksport, and all the others I can think of. Maybe if more of us did the same the media might catch on - they like a catchphrase.

Get the banner done !!

To be fair, we're certainly not top 6 quality now (to be honest I don't think our defence has ever been good enough) but we're easily top 10. The silly thing is our strength is clearly in attack yet it's goals where we struggle. Just goes to show how negative a manager McLeish is.

Yes I am sick of hearing that, as if Young and Downing were the two most gifted players on the planet.

How is it that people seriously suggest that those 2 going accounts for the totla shambles we are in ? Of quality atttacking players we have lost Milner, Downing, Young, and gained Ireland, Nzogbia, and Bent, from the side that fineshed 6th. (The 3 we gained would walk into any side outside the Top 5 )

How the F'''' is that an an excuse to drop from 6th to a relegation fight ?

Agree with most of this, but Zog and Ireland would not get into any side outside of the top 5. They are not that good. Bent would though.

Not that it means anything but McLeish is now the favourite to be the next PL manager to go on SkyBet at 3/1. He was at about 20/1 over the weekend, although I'm aware this was partly because AVB was clearly the favourite at that time. That said, I have no idea why he jumped ahead of the likes of Coyle, Redknapp and Kean who were all ahead of him even yesterday.

Not that it means anything but McLeish is now the favourite to be the next PL manager to go on SkyBet at 3/1. He was at about 20/1 over the weekend, although I'm aware this was partly because AVB was clearly the favourite at that time. That said, I have no idea why he jumped ahead of the likes of Coyle, Redknapp and Kean who were all ahead of him even yesterday.

Wow really, I thought it would have been Martinez to be the favorite to go next, losing to swansea at home..

Wow really, I thought it would have been Martinez to be the favorite to go next, losing to swansea at home..

As I said, Saturday/early Sunday they were all way behind AVB (for obvious reasons) but McLeish was about 6th in the line. Now AVB's gone McLeish has suddenly jumped ahead of everybody.

I agree on Martinez. That was a big loss for them and you'd think that after Whelan's comments he would be the favourite. This is just wishful thinking but perhaps McLeish will be going sometime this week? I remember when the managerial search was going on he suddenly emerged as favourite for the Villa job, it wasn't until after that that the stories linking him to the Villa job came out.

I do like to delude myself...

FWIW, the bookies have Rafa as the favourite to be next permanent Villa manager at 3/1, and Eck is indeed favourite for next sacking. Unsurprisingly AVB isn't even featured!

villa-1.jpg

Sadly it's probably just down to a few people believing those twitter rumours and placing bets..That's all it really takes (e.g. think how many different favourites we had to be new manager after Houllier left).

Â