The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No critique Tonight.

Not only have we beaten Chelsea 3-1, but he did it with a lot of positives.

Bent left hungry on the bench, Ireland putting in his best performance yet, our defending was much, much better (apart from Dunne's foul in the box), Clark playing the whole game and Bannan & Gardner getting appearances.

It wasn't the prettiest of 3-1 victories, but a win is a win and the goals were taken excellently.

Fair play to him. Much improved over the last 3 games. 23 points halfway through the season is far from great but its 3 points up on this stage last season when we had Ash and Downing. Shows how shit we were last season I guess.

We have Swansea, Everton, Wolves and QPR as our next 4 games. Three of them at home. Hopefully we can continue to play as we have in recent games and get ourselves up in to the top 7/8.

I hope once Herd is available again he'll put him at RB and Cuellar in the middle. There's still the concern of Warnock and to a certain extent Dunne's prone mistakes, but at least our defence will improve. Leave Clark in the midfield, we look so much better wtih him there.

I honestly thought he was never going to make those subs .

So he surprised me and got it right.

He had the team pretty much bang on in terms of set up and we played very well today and were worthy winners.

Whatever Chelsea problems are we played very well.

It is the first proper result we have had under McLeish . It has been his best day.

Has to keep us playing more like this consistently and he will win over ppl.

He had the team pretty much bang on in terms of set up and we played very well today and were worthy winners.

Whatever Chelsea problems are we played very well

this. we went there and made them look very ordinary and toothless at time.

Under circumstances probably best away performance since winning at Old Trafford. Also good to see we came from behind as well

I honestly thought he was never going to make those subs .

So he surprised me and got it right.

Whatever Chelsea problems are we played very well.

It is the first proper result we have had under McLeish . It has been his best day.

Has to keep us playing more like this consistently and he will win over ppl.

He has my support because he is our manager. I have no problem about where he came from, or what he did to his previous club. I also think that he is a pretty honest and decent bloke.

But he will never 'win me over' because the style of football is exactly like O'Neill's, who didn't 'win me over' for the same reason.

I hope that, for the good of stability at our club, McLeish stays at our club for a decent length of time, but I will never stop praying for the day when a 'footballing' manager takes charge of our team once again.

There is a hell of a lot more work that needs to be done but today was nothing less than an outstanding result. I was convinced AMC would repeat his same old mistake of not trying to win games in the last 20 minutes that were there for the taking, I was ranting like a bastard in the match thread. However for the first time he did what everyone has been wanting him to do all season and actually went for it. He must get credit for that.

If he continues with this attitude then I have no problem with him. Other pluses were him keeping Hutton out the team. I worry that with another game in a couple of days time we won't be able to keep the same team? Benty will come in hopefully but let's pray AMC keeps in the current heroes; Cuellar, Ireland, Clark.

Maybe drop zog though.

BETTER.

Up The Villa.

Â