The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted in the how do you feel thread but seems just as appropriate for this one too:-

Sorry but I never agreed with the personal abuse against McLeish and I do feel a bit sorry for him.

This was a marriage doomed to fail right from the first day and the inevitable divorce needs to be handled as painlessly as possible.

Randy Lerner & Faulkner take a huge responsibility in all this IMHO. They chose to ignore the fans and made a commercially disastrous

decision.

I'm not celebrating ....I just feel kinda releived it's all over as far as McLeish is concerned and leaving AVFC.

I just hope this isn't the end of the clear out, because don't let this be any kind of distraction from the players, who couldn't give a flying fig

about AVFC that we need to get shot of at the football club.

When are THEY leaving?!!!

Until they are got rid of as well - I pretty much am convinced we could bring in Alex Ferguson and we'd still be gash!!

This :!:

Is Shay sticking up for Mcleish?

Shay Given ‏ @No1shaygiven

Sorry to see Mc Leish go as he is a good man. But the fans wishes have been granted so we need to respect them as they are the soul of club

Where as McLeish was the arsehole of the club

Yawn

Thought : I'm still confused as to why he ever got the job, makes zero sense

Feeling : relief all round, I was uncomfortable with the personal abuse he was getting as it reflects on us all.

Posted in the how do you feel thread but seems just as appropriate for this one too:-

Sorry but I never agreed with the personal abuse against McLeish and I do feel a bit sorry for him.

This was a marriage doomed to fail right from the first day and the inevitable divorce needs to be handled as painlessly as possible.

Randy Lerner & Faulkner take a huge responsibility in all this IMHO. They chose to ignore the fans and made a commercially disastrous

decision.

I'm not celebrating ....I just feel kinda releived it's all over as far as McLeish is concerned and leaving AVFC.

I just hope this isn't the end of the clear out, because don't let this be any kind of distraction from the players, who couldn't give a flying fig

Until they are got rid of as well - I pretty much am convinced we could bring in Alex Ferguson and we'd still be gash!!

Great post Julie

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just read the news now. I expected this, and I really thought it would happen today as well. Very happy to see swift and decisive action by the board for a change. Hopefully this McLeish experiment taught them a few things. To a word, the statement by Faulkner read very nicely, it must be said.

Let's hope they get the next appointment right. It's a big moment for AVFC. They can't **** this one up. It would be pretty hard to do worse than they already have...

It's nice to have hope again!

UTV!

Thought : I'm still confused as to why he ever got the job, makes zero sense

Feeling : relief all round, I was uncomfortable with the personal abuse he was getting as it reflects on us all.

Some of the abuse was a bit strong but this is a man's game and I am sure he said a few choice words to opponent during his playing career. In fact, I bet he clobbered a few too!

He brought a lot of this on himself I'm afraid. If he hadn't proved the doubters right by playing such negative football and actually sent the team out to try to win games he would have had a smoother ride. But, all he did was play the worst football we have ever seen and gave the fans reason to have a dig at him.

I just hope Lerner doesn't make a similar mistake again, otherwise I think it will be 3 strikes and you're out from the fans! Having said that, I reckon Randy will put himself in a no lose situation with the next appointment. I think he will wait to see the results of fan polls and do everything to get the man the fans want most. If he does a good job, great. If he turns out to be a disaster then Randy can say "well you wanted him!".

decision.

Have been stating the last point ^^ and debating it with fellow VT's for many weeks.

Relieved that the board have seen the error of their ways and acted quickly.

Just wondering does Lerner know who are the fan's favourites for the post as manager and will he listen this time or will he go outside the box as Wolves have done and surprise us all again?

Will the new manager be put under the same financial restraints as Mcleish or has he done Lerners dirty work now and put us on a sound footing.I didnt like Mcleish but i do feel Lerner could have given him more support instead of hiding in America anyway onwards and upwards up the Villa

Â