The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Rumour has it, Paul Faulkners 'position' may be on the line too"?

No chance.

Faulkner was brought in when there was little financial control, which seemingly precipitated the demise of the M-essiah.

Falconer has been here since day one of the takeover.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumour has it, Paul Faulkners 'position' may be on the line too"?

No chance.

Faulkner was brought in when there was little financial control, which seemingly precipitated the demise of the M-essiah.

Falconer has been here since day one of the takeover.

Quite correct, it appears that it was his promotion that changed the power base.

If AM is still here at the start of next season then I think we will go down for sure.Because we will be starting the season where we left off ( in 16th position ) so the drop will be closer than ever before we even kick a ball.

As for the players, in my opinion they are allright, the main reason we play so badly is because of AMs defensive tactics and also the fact that the players surley have no respect at all for the manager. You have to have respect for the manager/leader whatever the job is.I mean it doesent matter if you are a storeman,clerk or just a receptionest, if you do not have any respect for your boss then the place goes to the pack.Just as AV have done this season.

I seriously believe Fergie wants Mcleish to stay as he knows it's a guaranteed 6 points next season

It will only be a guarenteed 6 points for one season,then we will be in the Championship and dropping.

I seriously believe Fergie wants Mcleish to stay as he knows it's a guaranteed 6 points next season
Not your most sensible ever post there ED :)

It'd be a guaranteed six points for most of the biggest clubs (We've beaten top half opposition once in something like twenty games).

If AF says nice things about AM it's all because of the Aberdeen connection.

Reading that article in the Sun, I am absolutely convinced McLeish is on a different **** planet. This isn't DOL over a team with a thin squad and getting from 16th to 6th, this was an incompetent manager taking a team from 9th to the brink of relegation.

McFucktard really needs to **** off and assess where we were before those players got injured. Playing shit and picking up shit results.

The bloke is not just out of touch with football, he appears to have a very tenuous grasp of reality. **** absolutely off McLeish, you are not wanted anywhere near this club.

Fergie almost always says nice things about his ex players once they are managers regardless of their actual ability or otherwise, until he falls out with them anyway. Many ex players such as Robson, Bruce, Robins, McLeish, Strachan, Ince, Berg, etc have had glowing references at one stage or other from Fergie and the list goes on.

A recommendation from Fergie about one of his former players is meaningless, always has been.

A recommendation from Fergie about one of his former players is meaningless, always has been.
Unless you're Randy Lerner. :(

Indeed.

Although if I recall correctly the letter came after the appointment.

Randy Lerner simply showed his lack of knowledge about the game with the appointment and then compounded it by thinking the fans would be impressed by the fact he had a letter from Fergie.

Naive would be an understatement.

Naive indeed. The first words on McLeish's biography page on the OS are:

It is fair to say Sir Alex Ferguson, arguably the greatest manager in the history of the British game, knows a football brain when he sees one.

When Ferguson was busy upsetting the Old Firm applecart with an Aberdeen side featuring Alex McLeish, he could see his star pupil possessed the necessary ingredients to make the step into management.

The legendary Manchester United boss identified McLeish as the thinking man's footballer.

:puke:

That made me laugh

I can imagine what McLeish was like when he was a footballer

The kind of player that blames his team mates for his own failures

I bet if he scored an own goal it would be someone else's fault

It is fair to say Sir Alex Ferguson, arguably the greatest manager in the history of the British game, knows a football brain when he sees one.

When Ferguson was busy upsetting the Old Firm applecart with an Aberdeen side featuring Alex McLeish, he could see his star pupil possessed the necessary ingredients to make the step into management.

The legendary Manchester United boss identified McLeish as the thinking man's footballer.

That reminds me why I never visit the OS any more.

Pathetic spin.

Well I certainly think he's crap.

**** me, that is spin worthy of North Korea. Stay posted with the OS for the 4:15pm news announcement today - that we have won the league!

**** me, that is spin worthy of North Korea. Stay posted with the OS for the 4:15pm news announcement today - that we have won the league!

Either that or to announce the successful completion of another air to surface Heskey test launch.

Â