The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Jesus - I hope we are really not going to that length to get a bloke who regularly finishes 4/5th from bottom.

My fellow, it is about perspective. When comparing fan-base, resources, facilities and wage/transfer budgets it appears Plucky Little Wigan (PLW) are one of the smallest teams in the top two tiers of English football.

Without the 'surprise' element and high morale of a newly promoted team and his star players cherry picked each year he has ensured PLW's survival in the top division for 3 years with effective entertaining football. Proving himself tactically adaptive, intelligent and to have high quality man-management.

It is the Gentleman's understanding that he has an extremely high work and moral ethic, indeed he was criticised when first arrived at PLW that he was concentrating on the structure of the reserve/youth teams too much. The man is a meticulous being. He will not incorporate a player until he grasped the apprehension and understanding of his team-mates and tactics. He is calm, self assured, young and has high amounts of potential.

What this club needs now is an enema, and in the Gentleman's opinion, with Mcleish being persona non grata, the man most adept at holding that pipe would be Señor Martinez. Excuse the crass analogy.

'Gentleman' very quickly, you're going to be a legend on here and let me be the first to commend you on the idea. 8)

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who ever watched the blues/pool match last night, the standard of football from both teams (pool a touch better) was good, 5 seasons ago the only way to get out the championship was to win ugly, promotion went to the team with the best defence, but since west brom under mowbray teams are playing football, pool last night, similar to Swansea were passing it out from the back and drawing out the oposition. which brings us to villa

the way mcleish sets us up is an out dated tactic now only employed in the premier league by us and stoke this season. most teams keep possession and build the attack, or try to hit on the counter. we do neither. we dont have the players to win ugly like stoke - who themselves will only be 6 points ahead at the seasons end. if we go into next season, god forbid with mcleish in charge, without spending money on 2 giant center halfs, a striker to hold the ball up and a decent crosser of the ball we will go down next season. stoke survive cus they have a battering ram like walters and crouch to knock the balls down with huth and shawcross at the back. we wont cus we have fatty dunne, piss head collins, chopper hutton and beefcake agbonlahor.

mcleish wont change his tactics, only thing left is to build his own team. sigh.

It's an utter embarrassment that I actually seek these out to give me comfort, but..

@VillaFansUnited: have an exclusive from a very good source, McLeish is going!!! post up on site soon #avfc #vtid” @BernyMac

Gets me though another day, you know?

Here's the post from villafansutd.com

Afternoon!!

We all hate them, People saying they are in the know!! I certainly do so before I start I apologise for this as I hate this sort of speculation, but what I’m hearing I believe

I am writing this and fully expecting that if it turns out that it is not true, I will be criticised!! However I feel it is my duty to report what I have heard to the Fans and supporters of Villa Fans United!!

So here goes, I will hang my hat on this guy and put my faith in him!!!

Alex McLeish will leave Aston Villa at the end of the season!!!

I will copy and paste the email sent to me on to here and you can all decide for yourselves but I am taking it as reliable and i am really hoping that Aston Villa Football Club can have a much better season next year!!

Some people are calling for villa fans to renew season tickets ahead of this news happening, but I oppose that!!!

Not renewing will be why the club are looking to get a new manager in, and hurriedly rushing out and renewing will only make the club think twice, I say until Alex McLeish has long gone, keep your money in your pocket

Alex McLeish, he is a decent fella, just not for Aston Villa, I wish him all the best in any other tenure at any other club, it was never going to work out, and I hope we have all learnt our lessons and we can all move onwards and upwards

Email below

Hi

Been told that he will be going after the last game of the season, and that it was decided before the WBA game that a review will be undertaken at the end of the season and that it will be confirmed then.

No confirmation yet on who they want to replace him but it’s fair to say a long term replacement is probably identified, heard this from top people in the club, and it is a fairly poorly kept secret in media circles that he will go.

Speak soon

A team with Bannan, Albrighton, Weiman, Baker, Clark in - will get relegated - no matter who the manager. The results this season (and to an extent last) prove that.

100% Agree.

Whilst I think he is an utterly useless manager and detest his style of football, the fact that he has to use these players week in week out is more Lerner's fault than Mcleish's.

Or having to use known problem causers like Collins, Dunne and Warnock who were signed on high and long contracts by MON. Yes, Randy has to take some responsibility for previous transfer policies but ultimately with an incredibly high wage bill and no hope of selling off certain players we were forced to use youth.

As boring and negative as McLeish is he's working with a squad of older, more experienced players with bad attitudes and inexperienced young players who aren't good enough/or aren't good enough just yet for this league.

MON knew how to make his players feel special (whether through motivation or money) he could get the players to play for him in a system they felt comfortable in.

When Houllier came, he tried to address a serious squad problem - fitness. These became a lead balloon with the pampered senior players. Warnock dropped to the reserves for repeated attitude problems is one example. Ireland's attitude was very questionable under Houllier. Yes, perhaps not the best choice of managers but he tried to get a different style of football going and had great knowledge of the French league.

It's been obvious a lot of players don't care about playing for this club. However, it's hard to find any motivation in the words of McLeish. Both in their own ways are to blame for a very poor season. We have a record low on home wins and a potentially new low for wins all seasons. This hasn't happened to the club since the turn of the 20th century.

Unless we address the attitudes of the players and get rid of the bad apples any manager will struggle to get the best out of them. For the wages a lot of our senior players are on we could easily sign a better caliber of player.

Attitudes at all levels of this club need to change. Otherwise we will be relegated. The players need to take responsibility for their performances as does McLeish.

Afternoon!!

We all hate them, People saying they are in the know!! I certainly do so before I start I apologise for this as I hate this sort of speculation, but what I’m hearing I believe

I am writing this and fully expecting that if it turns out that it is not true, I will be criticised!! However I feel it is my duty to report what I have heard to the Fans and supporters of Villa Fans United!!

I will copy and paste the email sent to me on to here and you can all decide for yourselves but I am taking it as reliable and i am really hoping that Aston Villa Football Club can have a much better season next year!!

Some people are calling for villa fans to renew season tickets ahead of this news happening, but I oppose that!!!

Not renewing will be why the club are looking to get a new manager in, and hurriedly rushing out and renewing will only make the club think twice, I say until Alex McLeish has long gone, keep your money in your pocket

Alex McLeish, he is a decent fella, just not for Aston Villa, I wish him all the best in any other tenure at any other club, it was never going to work out, and I hope we have all learnt our lessons and we can all move onwards and upwards

Email below

Hi

Been told that he will be going after the last game of the season, and that it was decided before the WBA game that a review will be undertaken at the end of the season and that it will be confirmed then.

No confirmation yet on who they want to replace him but it’s fair to say a long term replacement is probably identified, heard this from top people in the club, and it is a fairly poorly kept secret in media circles that he will go.

Speak soon

horseshit.

Afternoon!!

Email below

Hi

Speak soon

horseshit.

I am not ITK, but I know somebody who has worked at BH for many years.

I said to him to-day "Do you think AM will be sacked next week?"

He laughed and said "No, trust me."

It made me depressed for the rest of the day

Afternoon!!

I am writing this and fully expecting that if it turns out that it is not true, I will be criticised!! However I feel it is my duty to report what I have heard to the Fans and supporters of Villa Fans......

horseshit.

Eloquently put my fellow, however we can agree with the sentiment. The old smokey Gentlemen's 'not me, but someone else told me' spiel.

Afternoon!!

I am writing this and fully expecting that if it turns out that it is not true, I will be criticised!! However I feel it is my duty to report what I have heard to the Fans and supporters of Villa Fans......

horseshit.

Eloquently put my fellow, however we can agree with the sentiment. The old smokey Gentlemen's 'not me, but someone else told me' spiel.

Are you alright?!

i personally think randy is willing to write off the lost revenue from empty seats for a few months yet, he will back mcleish in the summer with cash in the hope we climb the table and all the fans will run back and buy half season tickets.

id put money on him being here next season, sadly.

There seems little sense in sanctioning a (lets be optimistic) last ditch 15-20m spending spree by McLeish in the summer when we all know the crowds will be even lower regardless.

It's busted. It can't be fixed by any other means than Lerner/Faulkner holding up their hands, admitting they've got it completely and horribly wrong and appointing someone with a long term view of rebuilding the club. A Martinez, a Lambert, a Di Matteo (maybe with Poyet) etc etc

I personally (and it's only my opinion) don't want a short fix glamour name that's already been there and done it. I want some fresh ideas, long term plans and steady investment alongside the already excellent academy system.

We need a strategy in place. Not just for next season, but for the next FIVE years at least.

im not claiming to be ITK or anything like that. but i do have some very interesting information that i recieved today.

turns out im randy's long lost relative, so i gave him a bell told him to sack AM after the norwich game and he said sure why the **** not i was gonna anyways, oh and by the way in case your interested ive been saving my pennies so there will be a $100m to spend this summer (dollars, hes american, this is what had me convinced as i was still unsure after all this)

Personally, I think he'll be gone once the season ends. Hope rather than anticipation? Maybe, but I genuinely believe these are his last few days at the club.

Also, regarding the future...

I personally (and it's only my opinion) don't want a short fix glamour name that's already been there and done it. I want some fresh ideas, long term plans and steady investment alongside the already excellent academy system.

We need a strategy in place. Not just for next season, but for the next FIVE years at least.

Would be my thoughts exactly.

There seems little sense in sanctioning a (lets be optimistic) last ditch 15-20m spending spree by McLeish in the summer when we all know the crowds will be even lower regardless.

It's busted. It can't be fixed by any other means than Lerner/Faulkner holding up their hands, admitting they've got it completely and horribly wrong and appointing someone with a long term view of rebuilding the club. A Martinez, a Lambert, a Di Matteo (maybe with Poyet) etc etc

yes thats what 99% of us think, but what about the dick that put eck here in first place?

his confidence in being in the job next season is frightening, at this end of season review we will apparently have, all eck will do is say "yes the season was a shocker. but we had a lot of injurys and i had to play inexperienced kids, so give me £30 million and i guarantee we will be top half next season"

RL will say

"aawwww, look at his poor ickle eyes, how can i be mad at you...... of course you can have some pocket money, but dont do it again, now run along you little scamp"

Are you alright?!

Not likely, this chap is sweating in his bowler pondering how to make Alex and his team (if they are to stay) more bearable. I have messaged Nicky Keye, outlining the Gentleman's 3-point ('1-big point' to make Alex more comfortable) plan to personal improvability:

i) Alex should refer to himself as Alexander, adds prestige, pedigree and dynamism.

ii) Alex should wear a claret and blue pleated kilt on match-days, be proud of you roots scottish flower and strike fear into your opponents.

iii) Purchase Apple I-pads, with pre-downloaded Barcelona tactical app, for coaching staff to wave and point at.

A team with Bannan, Albrighton, Weiman, Baker, Clark in - will get relegated - no matter who the manager. The results this season (and to an extent last) prove that.

Bullshit….how many games did they start? They are potentially all premiership standard.

This clown of a manager couldn’t even get a few decent games out of his own £10 million winger and £5 million fullback.

Most of our squad have regressed under him. He has to go.

im not claiming to be ITK or anything like that. but i do have some very interesting information that i recieved today.

turns out im randy's long lost relative, so i gave him a bell told him to sack AM after the norwich game and he said sure why the **** not i was gonna anyways, oh and by the way in case your interested ive been saving my pennies so there will be a $100m to spend this summer (dollars, hes american, this is what had me convinced as i was still unsure after all this)

LOL

Â