The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I'm convinced that he could take us down to the Championship and then have us in another relegation battle and the media would still be fully behind him. It's an old man's network.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree, match of the day is a total waste of time - I want a pundit to tell me something i don't know or see myself, not state the **** obvious that even my 3 year old niece could see

Gary Neville and Graham Souness are the only pundits that I really rate - they are challenging and always have something interesting to say.

Yes - Gary Neville is fast turning into the best of the lot. He has only just recently retired so has played against most of the current players and he appears to answer questions honestly without resorting to cliches.

The MOTD and Soccer Saturday lot just come across as ignorant and uninformed compared to Neville.

The thing I like about Neville is his level of discussion

It's technical yet understandable to the layman

He's wasted doing punditry

There is a manager in there IMHO

Shearer's a complete mug my mum has more of a clue than him, great player piss poor pundit.

To be fair to MOTD Lawro at least seems to have worked McLeish out

It reminds me of when Johnson brought down gabby a few years back. Most pundits were saying it wasn't a penalty because he 'got the ball' - then some ref quoted

"there is a common misconception that if the player touches the ball - it can not be a foul. No such rule exists in the laws of the game"

hasn't stopped em though - Ive numerous pundits since say 'i think he got the ball - no penalty'

Ironically shearer contradicted himself by first saying he felt sorry for mcleish - then saying he didn't think it could ever work for him - he might as well have said nothing

Yeah that is the one. He was also at Spurs, on the back on Jol guiding them to two top 5 finishes Comolli was involved (and rumoured to take control of transfers) and spent something like 40m. Spurs subsequently sacked Jol and flirted with the relegation for the majority of the season.

In his time he did sign quality players at Spurs like Bale, Modric. Assou Ekotto, Kaboul, Hutton, Bent and Berbatov

Jamie Redknapp

Gary Neville

Niall Quinn

...Are the only pundits I like listening to... Along with Jeff Stelling and that other dude who presents MNF and some of the other weekend games with Neville. Oh and Gary Lineker is ok, but doesn't really put his opinion across...

The rest just confirm the fact that I am far more intelligent than they will ever be...

Woke up (in Oz) this morning feeling thoroughly depressed that in all likelihood we will have to watch that idiot grinding out 1-0 losses to all and sundry! To me it has been obvious that McLeish has just been keeping his head down since the Bolton loss and now we are realistically safe he has decided it's safe to start with his retorical bollocks again!

I hope Gabby and Bent leave as they frankly deserve to play in a better side than we are at present!

It really sickens me to think that this prick is going to be peddling his brand of dire, defensive, boring football at the club I love for another season but as fans we deserve no better and Fizzy pop football he we come next year!!

This is from sky sports news

"Randy Lerner has been very supportive, he's sent positive texts in the last few days and there is no indication of an urgent meeting being required.

"I expect to be here next season and hope to win the fans over. In general, the fans have been excellent.

"I bought into the project here with Randy and the board and the need to reduce the wage bill.

"There has been some pain along the way but I have shown leadership and stood up in times of adversity.".

Makes me sick AM thinks he is Billy Bigtime for making us a laughing stock the lowest wins in our history and dire defensive rubbish. The last nit about standing up with leadership is a utter disgrace he couldny lead a a stamp collection the mug.

AM you are a joke to say the least leave now and know you have made history as villa manager that you have the smashed all records that will never be beaten cos the Villa will never ever be as bad a side when you have left that is FACT

This is from sky sports news

"Randy Lerner has been very supportive, he's sent positive texts in the last few days and there is no indication of an urgent meeting being required.

"I expect to be here next season and hope to win the fans over. In general, the fans have been excellent.

"I bought into the project here with Randy and the board and the need to reduce the wage bill.

"There has been some pain along the way but I have shown leadership and stood up in times of adversity.".

Makes me sick AM thinks he is Billy Bigtime for making us a laughing stock the lowest wins in our history and dire defensive rubbish. The last nit about standing up with leadership is a utter disgrace he couldny lead a a stamp collection the mug.

AM you are a joke to say the least leave now and know you have made history as villa manager that you have the smashed all records that will never be beaten cos the Villa will never ever be as bad a side when you have left that is FACT

Saw that and thought that Randy and Alex have just let the rumours of Alex getting the sack do the rounds on the boards to make the apathetic fans think he was off and then bang hit us with this one when we are all but safe. They have played us!

Randy and Alex are a disgrace to the Villa badge I love and the sooner they both leave our club the better!! For the first time in 40 years I am completely disinterested in all things Villa, thanks Randy!

Â