The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't know who to believe anymore

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/19/3044731/aston-villa-ready-to-sack-mcleish-in-summer-and-overhaul

that says he will be sacked, an we will have a new european-style setup for the club

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4265180/Aston-Villa-give-their-backing-to-under-fire-boss-Alex-McLeish.html

But the sun tell us his job is safe...

One of them has to be right, for AVFC future I hope its Goal.com that is right.

They're both guessing and because they took opposite stands, one will be right and will be able to claim they knew all along. The reality is neither have a f**king clue what Randy is or is not doing. Welcome to the bulk of modern journalism.

Yeah its really all a load of crap tbh... They are both taking a stab in the dark..

But for some reason I think randy will admit he is wrong this summer and look at the dropping attendances, uninspiring football, he will connect the dots and finally get rid of this clown, so we can have the AVFC we all know and love back. Im Praying.

However much I feel Mc needs to go I just can't believe that Lerner will pull the trigger. He was very stubborn in hiring Mc despite the backlash at the time, and I think he will continue being stubborn in ending this torture

I don't think he is going anywhere sadly.

I don't think it either, but I am cautiously hopeful. I think the closer we sail to the wind this season, the more likely it is to happen. Plus, the premature season ticket calls suggest the finance dept. are well aware of his allure, so that bodes well too. The board will naturally be 100% behind their man right up until the point where they're not.

However much I feel Mc needs to go I just can't believe that Lerner will pull the trigger. He was very stubborn in hiring Mc despite the backlash at the time, and I think he will continue being stubborn in ending this torture

theres comes a tipping point though - when actually less hassle to sack Mcleish than it is to stick with him - IMO that point is rapidly approaching !

I also wouldn't believe the vote of confidence, it wouldn't make any sense for AVFC to turn around and say we will assess his future at the end of the season, as that will affect whatever morale we have left, the board will want to guarentee survival and then take stock of the situation but thats more hope from me than anything. We can only hope the calls about ST's are the club trying to find out what the renewal rate is compared to this time last season?

I don't think he is going anywhere sadly.

I don't think it either, but I am cautiously hopeful. I think the closer we sail to the wind this season, the more likely it is to happen. Plus, the premature season ticket calls suggest the finance dept. are well aware of his allure, so that bodes well too. The board will naturally be 100% behind their man right up until the point where they're not.

The cost of sacking him and replacing him is far higher than the lost revenue of the season tickets.

If he keeps us up he will keep his job in my opinion.

I just don't see Randy and/or Faulkner admitting their mistakes and paying for them.

It's not just relegation that will cost Randy big, the longer McFucktard is here, with shit performances, low league positions and disenchanted fans, the revenue is sure to drop off.

Our only saving grace could be that Lerner realizes at some point that he is going to lose more than sacking the useless word removed would cost him!

Trent, you say loss of ST's it's not just that revenue they miss out on, I feel a lot of AVFC fans will not buy any merchandising etc, then take into account match day purchases. Sack McLeish bring back someone not in employment and you'd see fans flock back. Like I said to Nicole Keye as soon as he is sacked i will renew two season tickets, and I think there will be a lot of fans in this boat.

Trent, you say loss of ST's it's not just that revenue they miss out on, I feel a lot of AVFC fans will not buy any merchandising etc, then take into account match day purchases. Sack McLeish bring back someone not in employment and you'd see fans flock back. Like I said to Nicole Keye as soon as he is sacked i will renew two season tickets, and I think there will be a lot of fans in this boat.

Yeah I'd also imagine outside investors such as sponsorships would be more reluctant to invest in Villa with the fans not turning up, poor football being served up and hugely underachieving in the league.

They could hit in many ways financially in the present and future by keeping it as it is now. Randy need's to realise that you can be a nice bloke, but also a shocking manager.

I see Christmas as the absolute earliest he might be sacked. If we are as bad as I expect next season and protests are ramped up surely Lerner has to admit he dropped a bollock with this appointment.

There is a point where they must think

a)Could any other manager make the league position any worse?

b)Could any other manager decrease attendances any further?

When both the answers are NO he is a goner !

Fixed!

And I'd say both are No already ;)

The cost of sacking him and replacing him is far higher than the lost revenue of the season tickets

but relegation would cost randy a hell of a lot more, so he would ahve to be an absolute fool to stick with mcleish next season.

There is a point where they must think

a)Could another manager improve the league position

b)Could another manager increase attendances

AI_paulLambert001.jpg

What Price on an Ex villa hero on the pitch before the game v sunderland - encouraging us to get behind the lads ?

An idea that was tried in the last relegation season. Completley backfired and the booing was still ongoing when the players took to the pitch. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Faulkner tried this though.

Mcleish will be gone next season - one way or the other. Not many managers survive on winning only 4 homes in a season (yes I know we have 3 to go......!)

Â