The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I think if we go a goal down against Sunderland there's going to be a backlash. I think at the minute the fans are effectively a ticking time bomb. Last year against Sunderland it was the worst atmosphere i've witnessed at Villa Park.... with MON now managing them I think it could get horrible fast.

Though, if we score first there will be absolute joy and smugness towards MON.

Could go either way.

This could certainly be the catalyst to provoke people to vent their anger. I just hope any actions off the pitch would'nt cause some kind of unstoppable implosion on it.

I still think another win might settle a few nerves.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the proests should be against both ginger gibbons

lerner doesnt give a shit because he doesnt deal with the **** of a manager we have

the other ginger gibbon does that

so give that fat **** shit as well, make his life at villa park as uncomfortable as possible

he is the main reason we have ginger gibbon #2 at our club anyway.

start protesting about fatty gibbon falkner as well as the scottish gibbon and then lerner will be more inclined to as least tilt his new york times slightly down and look up over his paper towards the live screening of our latest loss

So we lost 4-0 away at Man United, we've lost 4-0 there before and we'll lose 4-0 there again.

Whilst we didn't play well I didn't think we played that badly, considering that more than 50% of the starting XI could be classified as 'kids', definitely as backup players at least anyway. United had just lost in the week so we were always likely to be on the end of a backlash oh and also, they're gash-deep in going for the title.

Upshot - i was expecting a 3 or 4 goal defeat, would have been nice not to have conceded the fourth though at the end.

The Bolton game is the one now, if we win that we're safe, simple as. Blackburn are not going to overturn the (in essence) 8 point gap they have to make up, particularly not with their fixtures and if we were to beat Bolton well then that's a nine point gap between us and them, 10 give g/d so again I can't see them making that up, not to mention the fact that QPR have to play three of the top 5 teams in their last four fixtures.

Beat Bolton, that's all we have to do.

Taken in isolation the Man U result/performance wouldn't be that bad. Taken in context, it's another steaming turd plopping into our sewer of a season.

The result was'nt the thing that mattered because Utd are flying. It was the manner of the defeat that rankles a lot of people, from the management to the last man on the pitch.

Taken in isolation the Man U result/performance wouldn't be that bad. Taken in context, it's another steaming turd plopping into our sewer of a season.

The result was'nt the thing that mattered because Utd are flying. It was the manner of the defeat that rankles a lot of people, from the management to the last man on the pitch.

Not as bad as the Tottenham performance, but not far off.

We need someone to run on the pitch and chuck their season ticket in McLeish's face

Any takers?

I'd do it myself but i used my season ticket earlier this year when i ran out of toilet paper

My season ticket is in the format of a card so if yours is too that brings a whole new meaning to the term "swipe" !!!!!!!!

Flying, coming right off the back of a defeat to Wigan...

Protesting wont do a damn thing Dem. The board know how we feel and protesting wont make a blind bit of difference. He will still be in charge at the start of next season.

well i am definitely not going to another villa game until he is removed so if that is the only way lerner will listen so be it. in fact for the first time in my life i wont be getting a shirt either as i refuse to spend money on a club that doesnt care about the fans

MCLEISH OUT!

I've supported the Villa all my life, but I'm the first to admit I watch them very rarely nowadays, so must bow to the superior knowledge of those who follow them on a weekly basis. However, I wish to make the following 3 points:

1. Clearly Lerner thought a premier football club would be a cash cow... and perhaps for him it already is... I don't know... but it most certainly is not a labour of love into which he is prepared to pour his private wealth, as the Villa might be for the rest of us. Incidentally I understand his 'beloved' Cleveland Browns are in an even worse state than are we... or perhaps I'm misinformed

2. I left Brum when I was 4 years old, so I never have to suffer the Blue Brigade. Consequently it was a matter of indifference to me that we picked up their manager. I like McLeish. It was not his fault we lost Milner, Barry, Young and Downing. Until we can hold on to such players mid table mediocrity is the very best we can ever hope for.

3. I can not give chapter and verse on the ability or potential the McLeish team, but I am delighted he is playing the youngsters... this is a policy I have long advocated. Whether or not this particular batch are up to it, who knows... I just hope we stick with both them and McLeish for a few more years yet... otherwise it's 'all back to the starting line' once again... and we will truly never get anywhere.

Flying, coming right off the back of a defeat to Wigan...

Yeah, I know.....but Wigan turned up.

We need someone to run on the pitch and chuck their season ticket in McLeish's face

Any takers?

I'd do it myself but i used my season ticket earlier this year when i ran out of toilet paper

Couldn't someone use their season ticket for toilet paper and then run on and throw it in McLeish's face?

I understand fans' caution right now but the fact is that almost everyone agrees he has to go. I don't believe we will win another game this season so regardless who is in charge we will be struggling. A change now, with a caretaker in charge, may even see an upsurge in form. Football is one big gamble and, although I can't see the board reacting to it, I think the time to protest is now. Otherwise we might be in exactly the same boat next season.

Is that right about anti McLeish flags being removed?

I haven't heard anything about that, sounds possible... But the stewards all despise the manager as well - so I'd imagine they'd help put them up.

I just hope we stick with both them and McLeish for a few more years yet... otherwise it's 'all back to the starting line' once again... and we will truly never get anywhere.
truly bizarre!

I've supported the Villa all my life, but I'm the first to admit I watch them very rarely nowadays, so must bow to the superior knowledge of those who follow them on a weekly basis. However, I wish to make the following 3 points:

1. Clearly Lerner thought a premier football club would be a cash cow... and perhaps for him it already is... I don't know... but it most certainly is not a labour of love into which he is prepared to pour his private wealth, as the Villa might be for the rest of us. Incidentally I understand his 'beloved' Cleveland Browns are in an even worse state than are we... or perhaps I'm misinformed

2. I left Brum when I was 4 years old, so I never have to suffer the Blue Brigade. Consequently it was a matter of indifference to me that we picked up their manager. I like McLeish. It was not his fault we lost Milner, Barry, Young and Downing. Until we can hold on to such players mid table mediocrity is the very best we can ever hope for.

3. I can not give chapter and verse on the ability or potential the McLeish team, but I am delighted he is playing the youngsters... this is a policy I have long advocated. Whether or not this particular batch are up to it, who knows... I just hope we stick with both them and McLeish for a few more years yet... otherwise it's 'all back to the starting line' once again... and we will truly never get anywhere.

You have moved away and you don't watch the team play, and you don't know much about the youngsters.?

So, How the **** can you comment on something you clearly know nothing about ?.

Â