The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Yawn! It still does not justify the negative boring dull football we have been watching. If we played more entertaining football even though we are in relegation battle i don't think there would be as many fans against McLeish and could take into account other issues.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Define entertaining?

Playing expansive football with two cumbersome CBs and no protection for them in the centre with one of the weakest midfields we've had in a long time.

Yes lets do that and get murdered in every game we play.

We need a complete rebuild of our squad and once that happens then maybe we'll have the team to do that.

McLeish is even shouting from the sidelines to keep possession, pass it more and to get forward.. Much of the time. I do think if we get some better players we will start playing the kind of football we want to see. We have some of the players already they just need adding to.

If McLeish wants to play good football but doesn't have the players for it then how come his teams have always played shit football and how come the football we've played this season has been some of the worst ever seen in recent history?

Yeah the same as he did at blues, he had money there you know and did'nt sign 'gems'. He signed Dann, Vidic, Ridgewell to name a few.

Dann isn't a bad player TBF!

Dann is the most over rated centre half i have ever seen

No it doesn't obviously show that he was happy with Albrighton as first choice winger and neither you or i can prove otherwise. What we both know however that he wasn't given the Downing, Young money to replace like for like and he only had limited funding with Lerner's cutbacks.

No wasn't given money to replace like for like, but no one expected him to challenge for 4th this year. He was given money though. Like i said nzogbia cost as much as ashley young, its not victim of circumstance to sign a player and fail to get the best out of him.

And yes i can prove he was happy with albrighton because he didn't sign anyone and started him at the beginning of the season.

You keep banging on about having to buy hutton. I might be wrong but luke young was not out of contract. Mcleish agreed to sell him and mcleish agreed to sign hutton when we had players capable of performing at rb and money could have been spent elsewhere. Again the fact he chose not to spend it on a winger shows he was happy to have albrighton as first choice.

We will either get our lowest prem points total ever or just slightly beat it. You really believe that we're at this level of shitness because of things mcleish couldn't control?

McLeish is even shouting from the sidelines to keep possession, pass it more and to get forward.. Much of the time. I do think if we get some better players we will start playing the kind of football we want to see. We have some of the players already they just need adding to.

Thing Mcleish does sign creative players:-

Bentley

Helb

Nzogbia

Trouble is that these 'creative' players do not thrive under his stewardship. - Which makes it difficult to see a way forward.

No it doesn't obviously show that he was happy with Albrighton as first choice winger and neither you or i can prove otherwise. What we both know however that he wasn't given the Downing, Young money to replace like for like and he only had limited funding with Lerner's cutbacks.

No wasn't given money to replace like for like, but no one expected him to challenge for 4th this year. He was given money though. Like i said nzogbia cost as much as ashley young, its not victim of circumstance to sign a player and fail to get the best out of him.

And yes i can prove he was happy with albrighton because he didn't sign anyone and started him at the beginning of the season.

You keep banging on about having to buy hutton. I might be wrong but luke young was not out of contract. Mcleish agreed to sell him and mcleish agreed to sign hutton when we had players capable of performing at rb and money could have been spent elsewhere. Again the fact he chose not to spend it on a winger shows he was happy to have albrighton as first choice.

We will either get our lowest prem points total ever or just slightly beat it. You really believe that we're at this level of shitness because of things mcleish couldn't control?

Young was on big money and wanted yo finish playing back in London.we have cellar lichaj and herd who can all play right back so the Hutton signing was odd to Saul the least

Yawn! It still does not justify the negative boring dull football we have been watching. If we played more entertaining football even though we are in relegation battle i don't think there would be as many fans against McLeish and could take into account other issues.

Its negative and boring, because the players themselves can't keep possession thus control the game.... also the forwards show no signs of consistent scoring.

we have always relied on sorties.... a kinda smash & grab football that can just get you results and on the back of results a bit of confidence grows.

The players we have are fundamentally poor in possession and Mcleish can't play Martin O'Neill football, despite in the main having Martin O'Neills players.

He needs to get his style of player in.... then we can judge him fairly.

He needs to get his style of player in.... then we can judge him fairly.

What like N'Zogbia, Jenas and Hutton? What a success they have been.

We don't need to wait for him to sign a team full of player to judge him.

He isn't an unknown quantity we've seen enough of him over the last few years to know what he is capable of and this season has just confirmed it.

Its clear Mcleish ain't happy what they are doing, but its easier said than done....If the quality just ain't there, what can any manager do.

I ain't saying he's the answer, but I do think some of the poor players were bought by another manager who had a way of working with them.... other managers may find that difficult and want players with qualities they value and play their way.

At blues he experienced a horrendous set of injuries on their run in and didn't have the academy players we have to get him out of jail.... A League cup win and a 9th placed finish with a squad inferior to ours was credit i would say.

Look, I would love a top class manager, but it seems we have what we have....He ain't going to get the sack, because whats happening, they all expected it. we didn't, but they did.

He got to be given a go with his own money

Perhaps he can find us a Ben Hafa,Cisse or cabaye.... things would then look up.

Thing Mcleish does sign creative players:-

Bentley

Helb

Nzogbia

Trouble is that these 'creative' players do not thrive under his stewardship. - Which makes it difficult to see a way forward.

because he signs these attacking players and then tells them to track back and defend.

He got to be given a go with his own money

Perhaps he can find us a Ben Hafa,Cisse or cabaye.... things would then look up.

No, he doesn't. Look at what happened at SHA.

I can't take another season of this. Watching a McLeish team is so **** depressing.

We seem to have short term memory loss on here, really!!

1. Play shite, lose, everyone hates McLeish.

2. After three days some poke their head above the parapet and say that McLeish is actually just unlucky and needs time.

3. After five days, some gullible people actually begin to believe this falsehood and start to argue for him to be given time and money.

4. After seven days, we play shite again with our 10-0-0 formation and McLeish is shite and just has to go.

Repeat steps 2-4.

You can stand on the side of the pitch and shout about attacking as much as you want, but if you're not coaching it into the players during the week it's an irrelevance. Alex Ferguson doesn't just turn up with the teamsheet and meet the squad at Old Trafford on a Saturday and tell them to attack and run rings around their opponents. The hard work is done on the training ground. Passing drills, movement, set pieces, tactics, fitness. It's all done behind the scenes. Or not, it would appear in our case.

Â