The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame him for the injuries. You cannot play his highly defensive tactics all season, without sustaining injury. The team is so much under pressure for 90% of the game that its inevitable your gonna lose out to a skillful or even clumsy challenge exactly how Bent got injured, trying to track back, which isn't really his game.

Oh for god's sake - do you also blame him for the credit crunch?

Tell you what I will blame him for! Heskey, love or hate him, was doing a great job defensively for the team. It made no sense whatsoever to swap him for Andy Weimann today. Also, why bring Carruthers on for his debut in that situation? Just made no sense to me.

McLeish is going nowhere.. Even if we get rid of him, next season may be no better. It'll be yet another transition period, our third in 3 seasons. McLeish may not be the man for the job but love it or hate it we have to give him another season.. Yes it may bite us in the ass, but that's Lerner's problem ultimately.

A point. A stopped clock is right twice a day.

Forgive me if I don't give him any credit at all.

I'd rather we went down if that is what it takes to get rid of him and have us employ a Manager who sends his team, however talented or untalented, out to play football that I can bear to watch.

I believe the topic of our debate has been whether he has been 'a victim of circumstance.

he has, the circumstances are ... he is shit, always has been in the premier league and always will be

nothing else to say really

oh

apart from

get that folically fair , crater faced abortion of a manager the **** away from my beautiful club

I want AM out as much as most.

However, i can't believe anyone with a ounce of football knowledge could suggest going down is ok as long as it means him losing his job.

However, when he became our manager he immediately lost the services of Young and Downing who were the supply to his main striker. So before he had got his knees under the manager's table he had inherited a squad which had lost 36m worth of talent and wasn't going to be given the money to replace them. Of course our performances were going to suffer without that talent.

Of course losing those two players was going to hurt us, most sensible villa fans would accept that but our performances and results have been worse than what people expected. You can't say that losing young and downing automatically meant relegation battle.

He is not a victim of circumstance. He makes bad decisions, he is a bad coach, he has negative tactics and is unable to get the majority of his players playng to the best of their ability. Claiming he is a victim of circumstance is a poor excuse to defend a poor manager.

And to claim he is a victim of circumstance while mentioning jenas being injured is truly laughable.

However, when he became our manager he immediately lost the services of Young and Downing who were the supply to his main striker. So before he had got his knees under the manager's table he had inherited a squad which had lost 36m worth of talent and wasn't going to be given the money to replace them. Of course our performances were going to suffer without that talent.

Of course losing those two players was going to hurt us, most sensible villa fans would accept that but our performances and results have been worse than what people expected. You can't say that losing young and downing automatically meant relegation battle.

He is not a victim of circumstance. He makes bad decisions, he is a bad coach, he has negative tactics and is unable to get the majority of his players playng to the best of their ability. Claiming he is a victim of circumstance is a poor excuse to defend a poor manager.

And to claim he is a victim of circumstance while mentioning jenas being injured is truly laughable.

I very much doubt we'll see the back of McLeish, even if we get relegated.
Well then we as fans have to act. Relegation or no relegation, it is absolutely vital that he isn't our manager next season. He must go, whatever it takes.

Well then we as fans have to act. Relegation or no relegation, it is absolutely vital that he isn't our manager next season. He must go, whatever it takes.

What do you suggest?

What do you suggest?

The minute we're safe - anti McLeish chanting. All game every game. Protests. I dunno, whatever we can do that's within the law.

What do you suggest?

The minute we're safe - anti McLeish chanting. All game every game. Protests. I dunno, whatever we can do that's within the law.
It could be a while before we're mathematically safe. This civil disobedience isn't going to have much of an effect. VP is not the Gdansk shipyard. Lerner has already shown he's not fussed about the fans' opinions.

These clearing in the woods is like a cockroach he just keeps going

Yes, like a cockroach in the first year of his contract with a club with reported financial issues.

Â