The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

We aint got 50-60 million to spend so its a bit pointless answeing that question

There is rumour we have funds for the summer, so are you happy for McLeish to spendl and if so do you reckon tactically we will play more entertaining football.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ireland ends most games with a sore neck. It's hard spending the entire game watching the ball sail over your head off the boot of Collins, Bannan and co.

I end up most games with lockjaw after yawning so much.

We aint got 50-60 million to spend so its a bit pointless answeing that question

There is rumour we have funds for the summer, so are you happy for McLeish to spendl and if so do you reckon tactically we will play more entertaining football.

its a tough question to answer. I mean, even good managers can sign shite players. Just look at MoN.

Mcleish has made some good signing imo. Given is class. Hutton is strarting to look half decent. N'Zogbia has shown it in flashes. Keane was a good signing. Holman looks decent. The only real bad one is bringing in Jenas and letting Makoun leave but 99% of poster here seemed to agree about that deal. Who knows. Maybe mcfrillypants can build a good team if given the funds. Like i said its a tough question

If fergie was in charge , people on here would still moan , bring back David o Leary or tommy doc

If you mean the former Princess, Sarah Ferguson, then you could be right but if you mean Sir Alex Ferguson then I have to disagree.

If fergie was in charge , people on here would still moan , bring back David o Leary or tommy doc

If you mean the former Princess, Sarah Ferguson, then you could be right but if you mean Sir Alex Ferguson then I have to disagree.

Like it !

We are not Barca no, never will be. But what we could equal with Barca if not quality is, disipline, motivation and graft, One thing McLeish and agreed other managers dont seem to be getting out of this squad. We rarely see every player grafting for the team. If we do change manager this should be vital in the next managers CV, thats why I believe only a big manager could be employed next. We as fans dont look too high i.e Ancelotti for example, its just the least required to take us forward.

We are not Barca no, never will be. But what we could equal with Barca if not quality is, disipline, motivation and graft, One thing McLeish and agreed other managers dont seem to be getting out of this squad. We rarely see every player grafting for the team. If we do change manager this should be vital in the next managers CV, thats why I believe only a big manager could be employed next. We as fans dont look too high i.e Ancelotti for example, its just the least required to take us forward.

Totally agree , people keep saying lambert or rodgers to take us to another level , but if they ain't got money , would they have done better than mcleish ?

I don't hold with the theory that having money makes someone a good manager. Yes, it helps but if you are bad at your job then you are bad at your job and no amount of money will make much, if any, difference.

Arsene Wenger, who has come in for quite a bit of criticism over the past few seasons, has had to work on a limited budget and has not had anywhere near as much money to spend on players as his rivals at Manure, Citeh, Chelski and Spuds but he manages to produce a skilful, entertaining and challenging side to watch every season.

The bottom line is if you are good, then you are good, and if you are bad, then you are bad.

Totally agree , people keep saying lambert or rodgers to take us to another level , but if they ain't got money , would they have done better than mcleish ?

Yes. Yes they would.

No, no they wouldn't

Yes. Yes they would.

No, no they wouldn't

They most likely would. You rarely see them setting out for draws (read: losses, as that is the outcome of such a mentality). That in itself could have won us a fair few more points than we currently have. For all the good things McLeish does (ie: blood youngsters...that's really all I can think of :lol:), he gets the most fundamental thing wrong which is sending out his team to try to win a game of football and not fear the opposition.

Yes. Yes they would.

No, no they wouldn't

Yes I'm sure at the start of the season you believed Swansea and Norwich would finish higher than us and play better entertaining football than us.

Absolute rubbish to even suggest the performances and results this season are the absolute best we could have expected.

No, but I'm not having it that Martinez, Rodgers or Lambert have done anywhere near enough to warrant getting the Villa job

We are a worth much more than that

Stop dumbing the club down

Â