The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Yes. Not quite as bad as the Ancelotti thing but it's in the same boat. The S.S. Delusional.
:?

Hardly think it is fair to lump together fans who are hoping that the clubs aims for a higher grade of appointment that way.

Nice try Richard, nice try. I was lumping no-one together. I'll explain for those mischievously pretending not to get what I said. Asking for Ancelotti to come to Villa was delusional at the time. Asking for AVB to come to Villa is delusional. Both are similar in their levels of delusion, though the Ancelotti one is slightly moreso given his status within the game. I couldn't care less whether there is or isn't some perceived group clamouring for any particular manager. I'm just saying that those 2 managers are above us to the point of delusion. That's it. I won't be bothering to clarify further because frankly I didn't think it was even worth clarifying to this degree. Usually I can predict the mischievous posts before they happen and even those who will write them, but I'll admit you got me from left-field on that one, hence well played :)

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you do realise that AVB is so far above us it's untrue. Huge foreign teams are going to be looking at him. There's no way he's going to join a rudderless ambitionless bit-part member of the Premier League. Because that's what we look like to outsiders at the moment, no matter whether we believe it to be true or not.

Its all a bit cringeworthy isnt it BOF.

Its like Carlo Ancelloti all over again...

Or Rafa benitez.

If you remember Mantis, i was of the same attitude when Houllier was here. Willing to give him a chance.

The fans then drove him out and look what happened next...

Odd. I thought his departure was down to his health rather than fans pressure.

Yeah, nothing at all to do with the constant abuse

Constant abuse? Houllier wasn't subject to constant abuse that is an utter fabrication of your mind. Don't confuse people posting on here complaining about him or having a pop at him as being constant abuse, to my knowledge Houllier didn't visit VT. He certainly didn't receive constant abuse during games.

I think you will find Houllier's health problems that drove him out of the job owed more to his previous health problems and the stress of the job than it did his standing with the fans.

You seriously trying to tell me that Houllier didnt get abuse at games?

Bollocks.

No I'm not trying to tell you that, if you actually read what I posted you might be able to find that out for yourself.

I will tell you what is bollocks, to claim he was subject to constant abuse is bollocks. To suggest that this constant abuse drove him to health problems and ultimately out of the club now that is bollocks.

Your basic stance with Houllier and now with McLeish is exactly the same, despite the terrible performance of both you seem to think both should be given/should have been given time.

That is fair enough, that is your opinion some will agree with you some won't, personally I don't.

But don't come out with this better fan bullshit that you are willing to give these people a chance while others drove Houllier to heart problems.

All these people calling for mcleishs head... Can one of you tell me what good it would do to sack him now and more importantly who could we get to replace him? And please dont say kevin mcdonald

Alan Curbishley?

Just as i thought.

Nothing to see here.

quote]

You asked, you got. I would take him over the ginger muppet, anyday.

Now go away and learn how to quote! :D

So us giving blackburn the entire pitch and reverting to the typical anti-football dross in the 2nd half was not McLeish's fault

What you babbling on about?? We played well in the second half and could have easily scored another 2-3 goals. Like i said, we could have easily scored 8 goals on Saturday. How the **** is that 'negative'???

I am sorry, but you are clearly watching something else.

Or deliberately talking to antaganise?? :lol:

I think Herd and Petrov's lack of games and fitness may have contributed to the second half performance, as much as i am no McCleish fan i can't believe he honestly said to the team half time

'Hey guys stop closing them down back off and defend in so many numbers you get in each others way and try and ride out an 1:0 win'

especially seeing that we never hold a one goal lead, in fact scoring first usually ensures a loss!

Gabby, Herd and Petrov have all been carrying injuries or lacking match fitnesss.

We do look more solid at the back though with Cuellar there but as soon as we lose shape, concentration and momentum we just invite the opposition to score. I don't even know if you can blame Eck for that although the fact we have no winning mentality is ultimately his reponsibility and his constant dicking around with Ireland and Zog and playing Heskey has **** the team.

The abuse he has received on this message board is unreal. If it wasnt for his weekly wage being more then my yearly wage, I would probably feel sorry for him. I hope he doesnt come on this website, but then again, if he did he might bet a better idea on what tactics to employ.

I've lost faith. It's a sad day (for me) when I lose faith in a manager.

I lost faith in December, I think it was the Swansea game. I gave him a chance, I honestly did, but by the end of 2011 it was obvious he was not the right man for the job.

I never wanted McLeish in the first place and he never really won me over but what did it for me was the Spurs game. First time I've ever been to White Hart Lane and it was probably the worst Villa game I've ever witnessed, both in person and on TV. It was dreadful and the sad thing is getting a draw was clearly McLeish's plan from the outset. The Man United game at home (which I also went to) was the nail in the coffin for me. I've wanted him gone ever since then and he's done absolutely nothing to make me even considering switching sides. In fact, with every passing week I'm becoming more and more against him as it's becoming clearer and clearer that he's just not up to the job.

The abuse he has received on this message board is unreal. If it wasnt for his weekly wage being more then my yearly wage, I would probably feel sorry for him. I hope he doesnt come on this website, but then again, if he did he might bet a better idea on what tactics to employ.
I hope he does, perhaps then he'll stop being so deluded.

Goes with the territory. Plus I am afraid that the abuse he gives me by the inept way he is managing my team and the abuse to my eyes of watching them play is far worse than anything I have seen directed at him on here

It's not where he came from , it's where he is dragging us to

Goes with the territory. Plus I am afraid that the abuse he gives me by the inept way he is managing my team and the abuse to my eyes of watching them play is far worse than anything I have seen directed at him on here

It's not where he came from , it's where he is dragging us to

But he is still human and it is only football. I want him out of AVFC now because if he stays the club will go down next season for sure. But some posters, and I am not saying you are going too far.

I cant remember which poster it was, but someone in the Wigan match thread said they want him to be brown bread, rhyming slang for dead. And 2 other posters have said similar things. Some people are over reacting a bit.

Man City at home did it for me. After showing signs of improvement during late December - January...he pretty much threw everything down the toilet with that performance. Starting Heskey in midfield ahead of Ireland and N'Zogbia for no discernable reason is probably one of the daftest footballing decisions I have ever witnessed.

Â