The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Are you telling me that he's not negative because he once beat Arsenal in a cup final? The performance itself was pretty damn negative anyway and they only won because one huge slice of luck. In fact, they were only there because of luck. That was the flukiest cup run I've ever seen in my entire life.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, you may all be right, he may be a load of dog poo, but hold on a mo

You don't beat Arsenal in the Cup final playing negatively.

Fair point, but if you ask any honest SHA fan, they will admit they were lucky in that final (look at their winning goal) and the reason they were relegated was because they didn't go out to win games, not because of injuries.

They had a better squad than Wolves and Wigan, yet McLeish still managed to relegate them playing the same turgid football Villa are.

Ask Hibs, Motherwell, Rangers, Scotland, SHA fans and they will all say the same.

The bottom line is that he is a defensive-minded, negative manager.

Look, you may all be right, he may be a load of dog poo, but hold on a mo

You don't beat Arsenal in the Cup final playing negatively.

We were confronted with a different Blackburn attitude in the second half....thats down to the players.

The bloke is fxxxed if he does and fxxxed if he don't.

I think our results are shit and am upset, but a point away from a team fighting for its life. I agree the fact we led for most of the game is disappointing.... but drawing at home is far more gauling.

just trying to put being pissed off in to perspective.

dropping points at home is the time to feel rightfully aggreived.

erm, what now? you don't beat an Arsenal team in a cup final by playing negative football? Yes you do, that's exactly what they did, they had 3 shots on target the whole game and scored 2 goals,add in the fact that they needed a complete Arsenal **** up to win the game and you have some spectacularly negative football.

Guys guys.... I know the reason why we didn't win today!

... It's because we wore Red shorts!!!

Think we need to give McLeish a bye for today's game, because there was no way we were going to win in red.

Sack him and let MacDonald coach the Fulham game. There are a few decent options out there but I doubt Lerner will attract interest from them. We will probably land someone like Steve Bruce or maybe Paul Lambert.

Picked a good team today and didn't bring Heskey on

We have to see the positives today no

If they are the only positives to look for then maybe, but not really that impressive considering his job is to pick the best team at his disposal and not alienate out best players.

Also, Heskey is the dogs! :winkold:

Picked a good team today and didn't bring Heskey on

We have to see the positives today no

It was a better performance than last week that's for sure, but it still wasn't enough to beat an awful side like Blackburn. You can see why Blackburn are where they are in the league, but second half we were clinging on at times.

dropping points at home is the time to feel rightfully aggreived.

And we last won at home how many months ago?

3 home wins so far this season.

McLeish just isn't very good at winning football matches and he has to go.

ok, ok, ok so I don't agree Mcleish sent us out to be negative today.

we made a good account of ourselves in the first half and in the second we came across a different attitude we failed to compete with.

Mcleish may be crap..... but he has now become public enemy No 1

Don't agree it was his fault today any more than O'Neill has put us back years with his shit signings.

Win our next 2 games and things will be looking totally different

Hmmm. Considering we've won 6 out of 27 games under McLeish and we haven't won back to back games all season (I think) the likelihood of this happening is pretty non-existent.

Win our next 10 games and we could get Europa League football. See my statements are just as optimistic.

Â