The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

The sooner people realise he's staying the better, Your wasting your breath ranting about getting McLeish out. We're better off throwing our support behind the team.

That would mean giving McLeish free passes like he's been getting all this season. Can't have that. Not when just last season SHA supporters backed the team and were punished for trusting McLeish. That squad shouldn't have been relegated because we're now seeing some of the same players still in the Premier League at different clubs. You have a deathwish if rooting for McLeish's relegation tactics is the way forward.

I'm actually hearing that when we were 0-2 down against QPR the players man management themselves. Makes sense consider McLeish just sat there with a facepalm while the players were 100 times better without his relegation instructions with telling the players to 'get back' 24/7.

I have read many stupid posts in my time on VT, but this one must surely take the top spot.... :bonk:

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we have a new forum rule, that if you're taking the piss you write in italics? 'Cause sometimes I'm really not sure.
oh come on, I just dont believe that you cant be sure when someone is taking the piss

I'm actually hearing that when we were 0-2 down against QPR the players man management themselves. Makes sense consider McLeish just sat there with a facepalm while the players were 100 times better without his relegation instructions with telling the players to 'get back' 24/7.

:lol:

Give it a rest mate

Give it a rest mate

Not sure why people are finding this so far fetched after the obvious dissent in the camp at Newcastle.

McTool clearly hasn't got a scooby and I would probably rather the palyers self managed as they couldn't make any worse of a job.

McTool has shown from day 1 that he doesn't know how to balance a side and this is probably as frustrating for the players as it is for the rest of us.

I posted a long time ago when McLeish took over that alot of blues players were not happy during his time there. Alot of that comes down his number 2 Peter Grant, I know for a fact he was immensley unpopular with alot of players at blues, he was not liked at all on the training ground, apparently he is a right horrible word removed. From watching McLeish on the touchline he is very critical at times and gives alot of abuse.

Most of our older players were here under MON who is the total opposite and often motivates his players with praise and support. I may be wrong but from what I have heard from players at blues is that alot of shit is dished out at the training ground and the players get nothing but grief and they constantly get moaned at. If I went to work every day and got shit all the time I would get pretty pissed off too. I think McLeish tries to be like Sir Alex Ferguson in many ways, however he does not command the same respect as his time in English football has overall been a failure. I dont think when he says he won 7 trophies with Rangers wows anybody, everyone just says so what thats piss easy yet for some reson McLeish keeps churning this shit out as if it means he has some mangerial credabilty

Give it a rest mate

Not sure why people are finding this so far fetched after the obvious dissent in the camp at Newcastle.

McTool clearly hasn't got a scooby and I would probably rather the palyers self managed as they couldn't make any worse of a job.

McTool has shown from day 1 that he doesn't know how to balance a side and this is probably as frustrating for the players as it is for the rest of us.

You have convinced me the players are self managing themselves. I believe they choose their own subs too. I reckon McLeish and his team just spend training in the corner muttering to themselves, scratching their sacks. I think everytime we've lost this season it's because McLeish was managing the team and whenever we have won it's because the players were managing the team.

I also think this is a very valid point that has been raised and it is worthwhile spending our time discussing.

The McLeish appointment was such a stupid and recklesss one we we're always going to end up with all this shit this season.

It was so completely unnecessary.

Spot on. McLeish has a track record of failure in the Premier League. He also has a proven track record for playing horrible anti-football.

With this in mind, why on Earth was he appointed, mere weeks after taking SHA down in the most pathetic and gutless manner imaginable? Even now I just cannot get my head around why they appointed him.

The worst thing about it is that NONE of this comes as a surprise. We all knew it was going to end up like this. It was completely avoidable.

Mcleish was appointed because he was the only one who would take the job with the current financial constraints

I can imagine when he recieved the call from lerner that he thought it was some kind of windup after all he just took a side down into the championship

Give it a rest mate

One of the problems with this particular ITK story is that anyone who was actually watching the match would have seen that McLeish was constantly telling the players to get forward in the second half.

Still, it's a shame to spoil a great story... 8)

Give it a rest mate

You have convinced me the players are self managing themselves. I believe they choose their own subs too. I reckon McLeish and his team just spend training in the corner muttering to themselves, scratching their sacks. I think everytime we've lost this season it's because McLeish was managing the team and whenever we have won it's because the players were managing the team.

I also think this is a very valid point that has been raised and it is worthwhile spending our time discussing.

I heard from a reliable ITK it's actually Faulkner who picks the team, gives the inspirational team talks, works the corner drills and is often seen smoking a celebratory cigar with Richard Dunne after training. He's a jack-of-all-trades. McLeish is simply here on a placement so he can carry on claiming his JSA. He has nothing to do with any of the players.

Mcleish was appointed because he was the only one who would take the job with the current financial constraints

I can imagine when he recieved the call from lerner that he thought it was some kind of windup after all he just took a side down into the championship

With all do respect to him but he had money to spend...some 17-18 million but he should of generated more by selling a lot of our "first teamers" even if for quite a low amount to get them off the wage bill.

On Football Manager I started out with the same amount of dosh from Lerner and I managed to finish 5th in my first season by selling our established deadwood or loaning them out (to save the wages) and gave our youngsters a good go while pretty much transforming the team just 20 million.

With all do respect to him but he had money to spend...some 17-18 million but he should of generated more by selling a lot of our "first teamers" even if for quite a low amount to get them off the wage bill.

On Football Manager I started out with the same amount of dosh from Lerner and I managed to finish 5th in my first season by selling our established deadwood or loaning them out (to save the wages) and gave our youngsters a good go while pretty much transforming the team just 20 million.

Oh **** me, really? REALLY?

You HAVE to be taking the piss.

When i took villa to the FA Cup Final on football manager i dressed up in a suit and drove to wembley imagining the coach trip in my head

Oh **** me, really? REALLY?

You HAVE to be taking the piss.

Im not taking the piss at all its a FACT. I can show you a print screen of the league table.

It is a game so should not be considered exactly true to life, but in a lot of ways it is one of the most realistic in terms of finances, wages, players personal attributes etc all the same. My point was that Eck could of made drastic changes pre season that could of really benefitted Villa but he lacked the willingness to do so.

Holy crap, I may as well end my life now as I'm never gonna read anything better than this again.

Â