The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Aston Villa: The only PL team yet to have scored from a corner this season. They have also let in the most from corners, conceding 10 goals

THAT is our issue, nothing else.

We need to find someone with presence to head in a goal.

Our midfield is quite small, nzog, bannan, albrighton, petrov, Ireland, how many of them can get on a cross?

Collins and Dunne are the only ones beef enough, add to that bent you have 3 people who can head the ball. Two of which are defenders, a position not known for smashing goals in.

get herdy in! didnt he score a hattrick of headers in the reserves. granted the oppositon were arsenal u-9s but still....

Someone get some stats up on the top midfield players who score headers.

or even a striker.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far be it for me to support Houllier BUT, last season we had a huge injury list, the club had gone through a major upheavel in the summer, lost out manager and best player, the team had not had a pre season to talk of, we had two manager's before the season started, a search for another manager, a protracted appoitnment process and a delay in Houllier starting.

And he had us playing better football. Houllier was a disaster in many ways but McLeish has been even worse.

Far be it for me to support Houllier BUT, last season we had a huge injury list, the club had gone through a major upheavel in the summer, lost out manager and best player, the team had not had a pre season to talk of, we had two manager's before the season started, a search for another manager, a protracted appoitnment process and a delay in Houllier starting.

Just because we may have more points does not stop that being true

And yet when we had this bout of injuries under Houllier you said you didnt care about the excuse of injuries and that he brought some of them on by his changes. However now you use it to devalue the points accrued by McLeish.

Also this summer we lost our two best players not just one.

Anyway time to go.

Just because we may have more points does not stop that being true

And yet when we had this bout of injuries under Houllier you said you didnt care about the excuse of injuries and that he brought some of them on by his changes. However now you use it to devalue the points accrued by McLeish.

Also this summer we lost our two best players not just one.

Anyway time to go.

Pretty laughable to use losing a manager and losing best player as an excuse pre-Houllier, then not allow McLeish the same 'defence' despite the same happening. And like you say, it was (arguably) our best 2 players that McLeish lost.

Houllier also never had Milner and was given the money to spend in his first transfer window. We made how much this summer, £40m or so? And how much did AMc get to spend?

Do not rate AMc at all, but taking the hit for MONs wreckless spending combined with his (lack of) ability was never going to work.

how did he 'lose' downing and young?

did either of them play for him? did he plan the team around them?

were the tactics for this season all based around them?

the answer to all those questions is. .... wait for it...... no

he knew what he had, he had all preseason and some, to plan, he knew what money he had available, he knew downing and young were off before he took the job, unless of course the comments he made the other day about it being easier as he knew what was available and how much money there is, was another lie?

its like saying " he never had messi"

he was not around at the start of the season for us either

he has the best goal scorer at his disposal, not too much point having downing and young and no striker is there?

as witnessed last season when heskey for the main was our striker.

he has had all summer to plan how to play, who to use, what system to use, how to train, what tactics to use, what his best formation home and away is.

he joined before the players came back from the summer, so he has had more time than most managers to get things sorted.

he was given just shy of 20 million to spend, even though we were meant to be cutting our wages and trimming the fat

so the manager knew what there was to spend, what players he wanted and had all summer to target, what style, what formation, everything.

and what do we watch most weeks?

boring shit negative football which doesnt even get results more often than not.

it wouldnt be too bad if the results came with the utter shit football, but they dont, or even shit results like we have been getting but attractive football, again, there isnt.

if he is still here next season ( shudder) then watch how close we get to relegation

this season has been one of the weakest premier leagues for quite some time, next season however will most likely be a lot different

but never mind, GC didnt get to use downing and young and never once had either of them play in a team for him, or did anything which included them but it must be the reason we are just quite as shit as we are.

young was sold 23rd june 2011

downing was sold 15th july

GC was appointed 17th june ( a dark dark day)

pre season started 23rd july

hmmmm

maybe now that myth is well and trully blown out of the water people can move on from this excuse and try another one?

A game of two halves for me..

First half was utter poor.

Second half the team has shown that it can attack teams instead of this usual defensive bollocks that we usually see.. even though QPR were just out to defend their lead.

He better drop Warnock - no excuses at all.

Still want him gone mind you.

come on. tonight we were class. 70% of the ball, 15 shots on target and 2 stone cold penalties turned down. if AM can reproduce that form and sort the back 4 out in the summer then that' good enough for me. we played some VERY good football tonight. best off the ball movement, passing and vision i've seen us play with in ages.

I can see us being a half decent team under McLeish if he retools the defense in the summer with quality defenders unlike Hutton and warnock. QPR's attack was terrible except for a few chances. Cisse's goal was a fluke deflection and Warnock tried to ruin us. McLeish couldn't do much there.

come on. tonight we were class. 70% of the ball, 15 shots on target and 2 stone cold penalties turned down. if AM can reproduce that form and sort the back 4 out in the summer then that' good enough for me. we played some VERY good football tonight. best off the ball movement, passing and vision i've seen us play with in ages.

I largely agree. We might not have been 'class' but that was one of the better home performances of recent memory. The key is IF he can sort out the defence. He isn't going anywhere so in summer he'll have his chance and I'll judge him after that.

Â