The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not a fan of Mcleish but i don't blame him for today, could he of done anything abou that second half? who knows what he said at half time but everyone else in the gorund knew arsenal would have to go out all guns blazing from the whistle.

I blame the players for that second half joke of a performance. Its not as if they scored 3 in the last 15 mins and Mcleish did nothing about it, there's not a lot he could of done today. The so called experienced players should of stood up, yes im looking at you Petrov!

Be honest.

Some on here hate mcleish because he came from birmingham

Some on here hate him because of his previous record of taking teams to relegation

Some on here hate him because of his supposedly negative style of play

Some are trying to stay positive despite many disappointing decisions

Some think he's OK but nothing spectacular (I'm somewhere between these last 2)

but I don't hear anyone saying he's really good and doing a great job.

I think he's not been given a fair chance by many, which is unfortunate. But I don't think we can afford to keep him through the summer, paul lambert for me.

If only.. I hope he isn't here next season but I can see Randy sticking with him despite everything else, infact it wouldn't shock me if he got us relegated and Randy still supported him.

Hopefully McLeish will leave before he makes more dud signings like Hutton and carries on with this awful football on display and stops lying to the fans that he is sorting out the defence.

Don't worry we'll beat Wigan soon and we can once again be told how we need to give him time, he's doing well and lets get behind him.

We're going absolutely nowhere with our current owner and manager and some seem to be happy to accept it. Incredible really.

Have to say i was both completely unsurprised that we let a 2-0 lead slip so pathetically today & also that i was very suprised that McCleish said pre game on Sky that James Collins had said he didn't want to play as he "felt he would struggle against Arsenals speed & therefore wouldn't do himself justice"? :?

On the 1st count i said to the missus at half time that we would now go & lose the game..& i meant it too as it's just how this feeble squad handles a pressure situation... They collapse...a bit like the England cricket team.

This they have proven to me over & over again under whichever manager includingO'neill so i don't specifically blame McCleish for this.. Basically we have a soft underbelly as we showed with massive failures when we had worked so hard to get into the top 4 at Christmas & also weak performances in the Semi & Cocoa Cola finals under O'neil...Its what this team is made of sadly.... They prove they can do it by getting into good positions & then.. when the chips are down & the going gets tough...They self destruct spectacularly..

Todays game was a micrcosm of that..

So for me i really do not know on McCleish as it stands just as i would not know how good a racing car driver was if he was driving a car which was slower that half the other drivers had he was racing against.

Horrid situation which i simply cannot see improving until we have replaced half of this team.

As for the Collins comments i just thought they were a bit odd i guess? This isn't a sign that the criticism he receives constantly has affected his confidence is it?

Don't worry we'll beat Wigan soon and we can once again be told how we need to give him time, he's doing well and lets get behind him.

We're going absolutely nowhere with our current owner and manager and some seem to be happy to accept it. Incredible really.

It's not incredible really. Some people just haven't got the ability to see past the end of their nose and so one win makes everything in the garden rosy!

You just have to accept that there are people out there with a low expectancy level and they probably carry this attitude on in their everyday lives hence why the country is also in a mess.

Hopefully McLeish will leave before he makes more dud signings like Hutton and carries on with this awful football on display and stops lying to the fans that he is sorting out the defence

am pretty sure in 1st page of Hutton thread you thought he be a good signing :D

Have to say i was both completely unsurprised that we let a 2-0 lead slip so pathetically today & also that i was very suprised that McCleish said pre game on Sky that James Collins had said he didn't want to play as he "felt he would struggle against Arsenals speed & therefore wouldn't do himself justice"? :?

On the 1st count i said to the missus at half time that we would now go & lose the game..& i meant it too as it's just how this feeble squad handles a pressure situation... They collapse...a bit like the England cricket team.

This they have proven to me over & over again under whichever manager includingO'neill so i don't specifically blame McCleish for this.. Basically we have a soft underbelly as we showed with massive failures when we had worked so hard to get into the top 4 at Christmas & also weak performances in the Semi & Cocoa Cola finals under O'neil...Its what this team is made of sadly.... They prove they can do it by getting into good positions & then.. when the chips are down & the going gets tough...They self destruct spectacularly..

Todays game was a micrcosm of that..

So for me i really do not know on McCleish as it stands just as i would not know how good a racing car driver was if he was driving a car which was slower that half the other drivers had he was racing against.

Horrid situation which i simply cannot see improving until we have replaced half of this team.

As for the Collins comments i just thought they were a bit odd i guess? This isn't a sign that the criticism he receives constantly has affected his confidence is it?

Collins was injured, maybe he could have played but he would not have been 100%, that is what the comment means.

LMAO@ that Xtranormal video "if in doubt, hoof it out" :lol::lol:

I'm no Mcleish fan either but I can't put today on him. The way Arsenal came out in the 2nd half today would have ruined most teams. We at least look more potent up top now which is an improvement on earlier in the season where we were going games without having any shots on target :x

McLeish is extremely deluded as always.

On the official site he thought we were international class in the first half. Laughable. Arsenal were all over us, it was just that when the 2 chances came up we were clinical enough to finish them.

He also mentions he cannot fault the players. What the actual ****? It's no wonder the defence are shit as they are and won't step up a gear. They have nothing to fear.

I'm certainly no McLeish fan but I seriously don't think you can blame him for the goals we conceded today..

1 ridiculous tackle from Dunne - whom, as we have come to expect is prone to the occasional poor tackle.

1 tackle from a striker who at least tried to get the ball back, just in an absolutely stupid place (then again, he is a striker..)

And then you have the comedy duo of Hutton and Warnock :lol:

We didn't have much ball retention - we never do anyway..

We played a deep back line, which I would have done against some extremely quick players against our comedy full backs.

I honestly don't think we did much wrong. Arsenal didn't really look like scoring from corners (another plus point), or open play (lucky theo, stupid hutton).

So yea, I'm not too disheartened about today, we just desperateley need some new defenders this summer, but we all knew that anyway.

Â