The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Brendan Rodgers is doing a superb job there at Swansea, has got them playing some great football which is also pleasing on eye.

Something we could only dream of seeing at Villa Park under McLeish.

if Rodgers or any Villa manager tried this they would fail with our players adn would lead to abuse on these pages

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 corners and no goals. When was last time we scored from a corner

Thats more to do with Dunne and Collins not knowing how to head a **** football, and having their brains located at their backside does not help either... but yes, this is one frustrating thing - cant defend or attack corners!

People need to get round their head that whilst we don't have an amazing manager we also have some very average players. It wouldn't matter a great deal who was in the technical area.

Sorry but thats horse shit.

The superstars of swansea are hardly world beaters man for man but they have a manager that has coached the team to play progressive possession football. AM is incapable of such a feat because he has no clue how to be successful without money.

He's a poor excuse for a cheque book manager.....

I don't understand why Albrighton was dropped - it's his re-introduction to the team that has seen the team 'improve'. All to fit in Stephen Ireland.

was to fit in Darren Bent who should have stayed out of team

The club's record signing and only striker who can score goals? Good.

In that case it should have been Agbonlahor missing out....or perhaps going 4-4-2 and fitting a formation to our best players.

Brendan Rodgers is doing a superb job there at Swansea, has got them playing some great football which is also pleasing on eye.

if Rodgers or any Villa manager tried this they would fail with our players adn would lead to abuse on these pages

So we should stick with the McLeish way?

This.

There is no "right way to play football". You play the way that is most effective with the players you have. And we certainly arent doing that atm.

Even though the team looked good on paper..... we had just finished playing a game 46 hours earlier. Not just any game..... away at Chelsea which involved a huge effort.

Swansea made 7 changes today - they looked a lot fresher.

Would we have criticised AMC for making 7 changes?

Maybe Bent/Gardner/Bannan/Hutton/Delph should of started?

Petrov and Clark looked knackered....

Ridiculous

2-0 down and takes the only player that looks like doing something off....take a defender off, and go for it, if u lose 3-0 so be it, as long as u go for it....useless.....get rid!

Yes but all SI did was pass it to Swansea players and did not make a tackle all game

I guess you didnt watch the game then.....

So that's it then. We are doomed to play shit football for the next 3 seasons until the current squad is cleared out. Regardless of manager.

Sorry but that is a cop-out excuse. McLeish does nothing to help our situation. We are a poor team and to again lose at home, and concede a goal from Routledge, is even more of a joke.

So we should stick with the McLeish way?

never said that but passing football fails at Villa. Houllier tried it and was slaughtered by fans

I don't understand why Albrighton was dropped - it's his re-introduction to the team that has seen the team 'improve'. All to fit in Stephen Ireland.

Ireland earned his place. I think you'll find it was to fit in Darren Bent.

@tismyk

50 years as a fan for yourself, 20 years for me. I've seen some dark days, you will have no doubt seen many worse. Yet I feel exactly the same. I don't want to go anymore. Today was the first time in ages I made a real effort to watch the game, I *almost* cut short a social engagement, a shag no less, to travel the 150 miles to VP. Instead I just made it home in time to watch over the net, the first time I've really looked forward to it since August.

For what? I've never felt so utterly despondent with regards to the Villa. It took him about 50 minutes to suck all the joy from the game again. The man is anti-football, anti-Villa, anti-me. I hate him, even more than O'Leary, more than Ellis....

Get him out of my club.

Ridiculous

:clap::detect:

The superstars of swansea are hardly world beaters man for man but they have a manager that has coached the team to play progressive possession football. AM is incapable of such a feat because he has no clue how to win matches.

Agree completely.

Swansea played great stuff and that comes from good coaching and management.

Would love a manager who could do the same here.

While houllier could no doubt talk a good game he didn't have the ability to carry out a plan and his approach was tip tappy keep ball while doing nothing and that was completely different to how Swansea approached the game and tried to play.

O

People need to get round their head that whilst we don't have an amazing manager we also have some very average players. It wouldn't matter a great deal who was in the technical area.

Weak weak weak excuse.

Norwich, Wigan, Swansea, Blackburn and others would be more than happy to have some of our players on their books. The first three alone cope brilliantly with less quality and have all out-performed us this season or regularly.

Swansea tore us apart today, make no mistake about it. We were their bitch.

(And well done to them, proper football being played, hope they stay up).

It's not an excuse at all as I dony give a **** for mcleish but equally I don't give a **** for the players and they are the ones that mainly avoid the abuse when really they are a bunch of very overpaid average players. Did the amazing free flowing football rodgers do the same at reading, nope. Players play an equal part to the manager and ad you'll note I did not praise mcleish but even with a good manager with these players little would be different. But you and everyone else keep thinking its the manager which is also a weak weak excuse.

O

Weak weak weak excuse.

Norwich, Wigan, Swansea, Blackburn and others would be more than happy to have some of our players on their books. The first three alone cope brilliantly with less quality and have all out-performed us this season or regularly.

Swansea tore us apart today, make no mistake about it. We were their bitch.

(And well done to them, proper football being played, hope they stay up).

It's not an excuse at all as I dony give a **** for mcleish but equally I don't give a **** for the players and they are the ones that mainly avoid the abuse when really they are a bunch of very overpaid average players. Did the amazing free flowing football rodgers do the same at reading, nope. Players play an equal part to the manager and ad you'll note I did not praise mcleish but even with a good manager with these players little would be different. But you and everyone else keep thinking its the manager which is also a weak weak excuse.

Not gonna put this one on McLeish. Little he can do for individual mistakes like that. He set out the team the way a lot of people wanted judging by the thread before the game.

Anyone can write 11 names on a team sheet.

Unfortunately for us managing a premier league club requires more than this.

Â