The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is quite bleak at the moment.

I couldnt be arsed to go yesterday, and I cant really be bothered to go on Wednesday. If it weren't for the fact that I get a free lift for half the journey I wouldnt be going.

I've mentioned before that I now live on the South coast due to work, so it's a fair effort to make it up for games and this year I just havn't wanted to spend the money on tickets, getting up, finding somewhere to stay etc. It's hard enough to justify the money for sky sports considering the performances I've seen from Villa so far this season.

Something needs to change to break this feeling of apathy. It seems big money signings are now a thing of the past, as is challenging for any kind of honours or european footy, so I would suggest filling the team with young players with stacks of potential and give the crownd something to get behind, at least then there could be a point to mid table mediocrity.

Something needs to change to break this feeling of apathy. It seems big money signings are now a thing of the past, as is challenging for any kind of honours or european footy, so I would suggest filling the team with young players with stacks of potential and give the crownd something to get behind, at least then there could be a point to mid table mediocrity.

Ha, yeah and then the board would just cash in on them the minute someone comes in for them.

Are we still under ownership of Ellis as this is just mirror images of his reign.

The club is going to do that regardless, we are now in the realms of the wigans and boltons of the leage who will look to buy players who see us as a stepping stone to the bigger teams.

We simply do not have the resources in terms of tranfer fees, and especially, wages to build a squad that is capable of winning anything repeatedly (if at all). Good players will not settle for that for long and wil leave at the first sniff of playing for one of the bigger clubs.

The sad thing is there is pretty much nothing we do about it, the UEFA financial rules are in place to maintian the status quo and ensure another City doesn't emerge, and we're too late to do what Utd and Liverpool and Arsenal did to establish their CL credentials.

We cannot regulalry fill VP (even when times are good) we don't have long lines of investors waiting with big money sponsorship deals, and we nothing to offer the foreign markets that have alrady been exploited by the Sky 4.

We cannot even afford the squad we currently have, and whilst that is partly due to some big earners not pulling their weight, it will be extremely difficult to recruit better players on significantly lower wages.

Listening to Darren Lewis (Mirror Reporter I think) on talkSPORT this morning and he thinks Bent may leave in January as the way we play is killing his game. This is ridiculous, we finally get a quality number 9 and our shit manager sets us up to not utilise him. N'Zogbia managed to create chances for Rodallega over the last couple of seasons so why is Bent so under supplied.

I'm sorry but if we don't get rid of McLeish we will lose Bent and then we will be really screwed.

I would rather we took a gamble on Poyet than stick with this bellend in charge. He has all of Houllier's bad points and none of his (limited) good ones.

Bent needs to look at himself also. He has missed a fair few chances this season. He missed 2 guilt edged ones at Bolton

Both times he probably thought "**** me, a ball?" and by the time he got over it forgot what to do with it....been a while ya'know?

2 goals conceded in under 15 mins at home from what a surprise... Set Pieces

McLeish barking on about sorting out our defensive frailties before he even walked in the door yet we look about as safe as a deck of cards the slightest gust of wind and both centre backs are on their arses while the ball is nestling in the back of the net

Centre Backs are just woeful, Fullbacks are even worse bar Warnock who has had a few decent games this season Hutton is complete and utter shit well worth the 4 million genius signing.

Centre Mid is rubbish Petrov cannot play unless its 4-5-1 his legs have gone watching him try to run around in a 4-4-2 system is a joke he does not have the energy anymore Delph is average at best looking at the lineup on sunday you just knew that we were going to be outmatched in midfield by the dynamic henderson and adam with shelvey dropping deep all the time i find it hard to believe how Nzogbia is the same player that was at Wigan has he just gone shit overnight or is it just the anti football that McLeish has us playing rendering him redundant

How long will it be before Bent leaves only villa could sign a striker such as him then sell the supply line and appoint a negative manager who is trying to turn him into the second coming of emile heskey the club state he will not be sold but how long will it be before they are saying that the club cannot keep an unhappy player

New additions needed in january although i wouldnt give the inept bafoon we have managing the side a single penny

Houllier had moments were you actually went away from a game knowing what exactly he was trying to implement, but it was overshadowed by the many bad times that came through implementing such drastic change in a work environment in such a short period of time.

McLeish is just a cancer.

I posted this in the Randy Lerner thread that there is no chance of McLeish getting the push. Lerner put up with this and worse last season under the previous clown we had managing us when after 19 games we were sat on 20 points in 15th place,after 21 games when we were sat on 21 points in 18th place and after 30 games when we were sat on 33 points in 14th place one point above the drop zone. Also this was despite serving up gutless tripe and the crowd having turned on Houllier in December and him getting the worst crowd reaction/abuse I've seen towards any manager at the end of the Wolves game in March.

Yes we know your thoughts on Houllier Mark, how wrong were you?

Satisfied now?

How was he wrong?

TheDrums,

I kind of agree with this, theonly point being is Houllier never had the longevity to see his plans out he would have been reliant on handing over the project to a capable successor. But entirely agree that the problems f last season were cause by the speed with which he attempted to make his changes rather than the changes he was attempting to make.

That said I'm pretty sure I saw both Dunne and Collins try to pass it out of defence yesterday, not all that succesfully but they did try so maybe times are a changing....

I would suggest filling the team with young players with stacks of potential and give the crownd something to get behind, at least then there could be a point to mid table mediocrity.

I also agree with this.

The board is partly to blame for the current state of affairs and it seems that our money days are over.

So we should make use of what we have got, get rid of Mcleish, promote Andrew, Kmac and Sid as the first team coaching staff, cash in on some of our current side and try and build something.

What other options are there? Look at the squad, look at after a few suspensions and injury's how painfully weak our squad is. I dont think there's many managers around who could come in and improve us with what we have got.

This is how the board have set us out, so we work from within.

Listening to Darren Lewis (Mirror Reporter I think) on talkSPORT this morning and he thinks Bent may leave in January as the way we play is killing his game. This is ridiculous, we finally get a quality number 9 and our shit manager sets us up to not utilise him. N'Zogbia managed to create chances for Rodallega over the last couple of seasons so why is Bent so under supplied.

I'm sorry but if we don't get rid of McLeish we will lose Bent and then we will be really screwed.

I would rather we took a gamble on Poyet than stick with this bellend in charge. He has all of Houllier's bad points and none of his (limited) good ones.

Bent needs to look at himself also. He has missed a fair few chances this season. He missed 2 guilt edged ones at Bolton

Both times he probably thought "**** me, a ball?" and by the time he got over it forgot what to do with it....been a while ya'know?

And training?

McLeish had the whole of the summer to sort out the defence and improve our defending of set pieces, yet here we are in Decmber and still making the same mistakes as we were 12+ months ago. As a coach/manager that is shocking. The players need to take there share of the blame, as they clearly aren't up to it. Collins and Dunne are not known for their strengths on the ground, they have their reputations as being big, strong defenders, who are good in the air, which makes it more perplexing that we are being outdone regularly on set pieces. If I had my way, we would clear out the whole of the back four and start again. PS McLeish would be gone first though, so we could get a decent manager in to start the re-build of a new team.

McLueless had his tactics wrong from the first whistle against Liverpool. We were totally over run in the middle.

We were all over the place on Sunday and I blame Eck entirely. The players looked confused and lost especially in the second half.

The sooner this idiot is sacked the better he is just tactically inept. After watching the way Arsenal played against City I think we will be on the receiving end of a hiding this week

McLueless had his tactics wrong from the first whistle against Liverpool. We were totally over run in the middle.

We were all over the place on Sunday and I blame Eck entirely. The players looked confused and lost especially in the second half.

The sooner this idiot is sacked the better he is just tactically inept. After watching the way Arsenal played against City I think we will be on the receiving end of a hiding this week

I have no love for McLeish but i don't agree with the above, the players were poor and no amount of coaching or tactics could change that.

The long hoof tactics weren't there and we tried to keep possession and pass, but there was only really Delf holding the ball up and ushering us fwd, Delph lost the ball after about two seconds, Zog just took on two many men and Albrighton toiled but with little success. At the end of the day our defence let us down, the rest of the players were average but that is what they are average players playing average football.

Well I think we'll lose all the 3 following games now. Arsenal and Chelsea we might as well not turn up, but here's a good one. Stoke away. Our record over there is so shit. Now throw in the fact they're even superior than they was and we've beame inferior.

So we could lose 4 games on a trot. The next game will be Swansea at home and if we don't win that then **** hell, I expect the fans to really step up 6 gears. No soft boos this time and make sure to put a numerous amount of pressure on the board. Belittle them more so than ever and don't allow AM to walk away with any dignity.

Â