The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Now come on everyone. McLeish was not my choice as manager, although I do like the way he seems to respect and appreciate the football Club (and I know what most will say to that!). In fact for some reason I wanted Mark Hughes. But this current situation and every Villa fan knows this side will plummet down the League now, is not ALL the managers fault. He has been left with a squad with precious little quality and no depth. Yes his attempts with limited funds to improve the squad have proved unsuccesful and poorly judged to date and I have criticised him today on the match thread for not changing this poor defence around; but he has had little support from his players and has been unlucky with key injuries.

If he is staying here for the time being and in practice it would cost a fortune to sack him (athough not as much as a relegation would cost) the Club needs to find a way to freshen this squad up, preferably with some quality. And I know this won't go down well; Villa fans need to try and find a way to give him and the team support. Because there doesn't look any way that he will be fired at the moment and all the negative messages are not helping. Look at Blackburn, what is happening there is not helping their team at all.

Sack him and appoint someone else to work with the current squad with no financial support and where would that get us? Just a continuation of the malaise that we have seen since the Club had to pull back on the financial excesses of the O'Neil years.

A thoughtful post, but to be honest, McLeish has no pedigree of building anything, integrating youth or developing a playing style. Therefore, the list of people who I would rather see lead that type of transistion does not include him. Any of the following would have been better:

Lambert

Poyet

Martinez

A decent style of football and the personality to create and motivate. How would you feel if all you ever hear is your manager blaming you for everything! Thats what McLeish does every week!!! He is single handedly destroying the current team plus potentially our next generation of youth.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone. At least I got a response. I'm just trying to be realistic. This current Club regime are not listening to the fans and even if they did they wouldn't take the action that most seem to want. We are not back in August 2010. Bad managerial appoinments have been made since then and they will be frightened to death of compounding these by a further early change.

people saying mcleish has come in under difficult situation, that is a load of nonsense

pardew came under worse circumstances, and look whats going on at the sty and hughton isnt do that bad a job.

we dont have the best squad but we are a damn alot better than mcleish is making us out to be

MCLEISH OUT

Just back from the game, and obviously very disappointed, but wanted to add something - slightly off topic but not sure where to put it.

I sat next to Roberto Martinez for most of the match, he was here watching Liverpool before their match on Wednesday. Apart from being a really nice approachable guy he said that he though Aston Villa was an incredible Club, a BIG club, and that it was the wrong time for him to come. He said Dave Whelan had been brilliant to him and he had always promised to stay at Wigan for 3 years, and would always honour that.

He said we will NOT be anywhere near relegation and thought even though we are not performing as well as we should that we will still finish in the top 8. I asked him about CNZ and he said he was being played in the wrong position, quite simply. Charles needs to play much further forward and he would always play him coming in off the right up supporting the striker, where Mcleish is playing him deep on the left.

Tactically he is clearly a clever guy, and someone i personally would love to see given the chance at a big club like ours. He was clear that he thought we were in a transitional period, but that we are a special club, and who knows what may happen in the future.

The ex small heath thing is still rearing it's ugly head once again, think it was mentioned on Sky before I set off from the game today. Hopefully after watching that today they will now realise the real reason the fans aren't taking to him.

Just back from the game, and obviously very disappointed, but wanted to add something - slightly off topic but not sure where to put it.

I sat next to Roberto Martinez for most of the match, he was here watching Liverpool before their match on Wednesday. Apart from being a really nice approachable guy he said that he though Aston Villa was an incredible Club, a BIG club, and that it was the wrong time for him to come. He said Dave Whelan had been brilliant to him and he had always promised to stay at Wigan for 3 years, and would always honour that.

He said we will NOT be anywhere near relegation and thought even though we are not performing as well as we should that we will still finish in the top 8. I asked him about CNZ and he said he was being played in the wrong position, quite simply. Charles needs to play much further forward and he would always play him coming in off the right up supporting the striker, where Mcleish is playing him deep on the left.

Tactically he is clearly a clever guy, and someone i personally would love to see given the chance at a big club like ours. He was clear that he thought we were in a transitional period, but that we are a special club, and who knows what may happen in the future.

Imo, Martinez is the nicest guy in the Premier League. I would kill for him to be our manager now. I can't believe Wigan have a better manager than us. It just doesn't make sense.

The ex small heath thing is still rearing it's ugly head once again, think it was mentioned on Sky before I set off from the game today. Hopefully after watching that today they will now realise the real reason the fans aren't taking to him.

just been reading some comments on The Guardian page on the match.

Other fans are certainly noticing just how shite and hopeless we are under McLeish.

Imo, Martinez is the nicest guy in the Premier League. I would kill for him to be our manager now. I can't believe Wigan have a better manager than us. It just doesn't make sense.

It gets worse. SHA have a better manager than us!

just been reading some comments on The Guardian page on the match.

Other fans are certainly noticing just how shite and hopeless we are under McLeish.

It's awful. You should see what people are saying on the F365 forum, we're a **** joke.

If we are a joke in 9th place imagine how it must feel to be an Everton fan they must be a right laughing stock or Sunderland or Fulham

says more about the quality of the league than the quality of villa though. the premiership has been on a dramatic slide the last few years. even when we were finishing 6th we werent all that good

what im finding most disturbing is that we've now had three managers who have had time to change things around on the playing field, and our movement is still completely nonexistent. how does that happen? movement is one of the most important parts of the game, and for the last decade our players have spent the majority of their time standing around static. doesnt matter who the manager is, or who the players are, there seems to be something stopping aston villa players from actually moving around to pick up strong positions when we're in possession

it's absolutely baffling

how much has the coaching staff changed since 2006? have we still got a core of the same guys there? because if we do, they need to be replaced

If we are a joke in 9th place imagine how it must feel to be an Everton fan they must be a right laughing stock or Sunderland or Fulham

9th place doesn't mean shit. We're only six points from the relegation spots but a whole 10 points away from sixth. We've got two more points than Everton and one point more than Fulham.

Having seen a few games with both those teams this season I can safely say that their football isn't even on the same planet of shitness like ours is.

Â