Watches

Risso

57 minutes ago, Xela said:

Love this:

12 minutes ago, blandy said:

Nice story, but mad. How much!

Not sure if you've ever seen but this is Paul Newman's one up at auction, the full auction version is on YouTube too, the auction scenes and the amounts aren't fake, it really happened. 

I hope the antiques airforce guy still has his, probably shot up even more last couple of years.

Insane to think people will pay so much for something like that.

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Temptation has got the better of me and I’ve just purchased the “Longines HydroConquest XXll Commonwealth Games Limited Edition”. Limited to 2,022 being made. Mrs F got me a 20% teacher discount at Goldsmiths online, which finally swayed the purchase and I’ve got a decent bit of time to pay it off interest free. Really looking to wearing it now.

DBCB4D57-1EC6-4F38-94F4-0E761E84D5DA.thumb.jpeg.54435cc616cfe15792d6a59678e395e9.jpegFDB78B2A-4E63-4018-99FB-E1872828182E.thumb.jpeg.b1a16b8f673bf2994234e8a211b58a74.jpeg

Used to have the previous gen, lovely watch and slimmer than you'd think for a 300m. Great watch.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I'm getting one for sure £207 in the uk, supposedly available tomorrow.

Yeah chump change for a nice looking watch. Instore only tomorrow, online at a later date.

The horologists are fuming and claim it devalues their watches. I don’t see the issue personally and see it as very clever marketing from Omega. 

I’ve got a PO and Seamaster, I’ll definitely try and get a couple of these as daily beaters.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jim said:

Yeah chump change for a nice looking watch. Instore only tomorrow, online at a later date.

The horologists are fuming and claim it devalues their watches. I don’t see the issue personally and see it as very clever marketing from Omega. 

I’ve got a PO and Seamaster, I’ll definitely try and get a couple of these as daily beaters.

I've lusted after an Alaska project for a long time, it will never happen so might grab the Swatch one, the case is  red though which I'm not sure of but it's the closest I'll get. Quite fancy the Moon and the Mercury ones, might get a few too, the full set might be a good move but I'm guessing they will manufacturer that many that will never grow that much in value. 

This is the one I wish I could get...

Speedmaster-Alaska-Project-Stainless-Steel-Gents-31132423004001.jpg

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I've lusted after an Alaskan project for a long time, it will never happen so might grab the Swatch one, the case is  red though which I'm not sure of but it's the closest I'll get. Quite fancy the Moon and the Mercury ones, might get a few too, the full set might be a good move but I'm guessing they will manufacturer that many that will never grow that much in value. 

This is the one I wish I could get...

Speedmaster-Alaska-Project-Stainless-Steel-Gents-31132423004001.jpg

Very nice, not too dissimilar to the Mars. Hopefully they won’t be too hard to get. Omega on their Instagram have said it isn’t a limited run so hopefully the scalpers already on eBay get burnt.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Swatch have closed their London store due to health and safety reasons. Hmmmm.

Madness.

edit I'd wager less then 10% of these realise that swatch own Omega and that countless watches will be available online worldwide very soon, or probably most are amateur profiteers hoping to make a killing, anyone that pays over 207.00 + P/P needs to check their heads.

Edited by Phil Silvers

11 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Madness.

edit I'd wager less then 10% of these realise that swatch own Omega and that countless watches will be available online worldwide very soon, or probably most are amateur profiteers hoping to make a killing, anyone that pays over 207.00 + P/P needs to check their heads.

Yeah. I briefly though about looking into getting one, but quickly decided against. I'd be buying for the wrong reason - not because I want or need it, but because it *might* increase in value. Which it probably won't anyway.

Although with me not getting one I fully expect them to increase in value tenfold now 🙂

• Like 1

Also, still totally love my Grand Seiko spring drive. I wear it every day and just spend ages gazing at it - it's such an amazingly well put together piece of machinery. And I am still fascinated by that smooth sweep of the second hand, such a masterpiece of engineering.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Also, still totally love my Grand Seiko spring drive. I wear it every day and just spend ages gazing at it - it's such an amazingly well put together piece of machinery. And I am still fascinated by that smooth sweep of the second hand, such a masterpiece of engineering.

I bid one one the other day but was outbid, not too bothered which one I get but if a Hi-Beat comes up for the right price I'll buy, just want to live with one for a while and flip without losing any money.

Image 2 - Grand Seiko SBGJ203 GMT Mint, box papers, full setny  

Always been a Seiko fan, this is a same as pic of my first decent watch, loved this and sold it about 10 years ago, which I regret. Great watchmaker.

See the source image

• Like 1

There is no way these will hold their value over the long term.  They are a battery quartz movement which has a relatively short lifespan.  The serious Swatch collectors will already have their unopened watches safely stored away.  I predict a short term spike followed by a long and steady decline. 

The only exception could be this -

The watches are not for sale in Omega Boutiques. But they are displaying them in a solar system themed display case. That will be rare enough to become a fantastic collectors item.  

• Like 2

Â