Watches

Risso

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

£3400 is now the highest price I've seen one advertised for on eBay. Good grief. This is insane.

Swatch group bots doing the bidding probably, it's the world we live in now. If true it's hateful.

Edited by Phil Silvers

Strange choice for the group to to be assoicating the Omega brand with the plastic crap that is Swatch. I suspect that may backfire on them over time. What next, a Breguet and Flik Flak mash up?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Risso said:

Strange choice for the group to to be assoicating the Omega brand with the plastic crap that is Swatch. I suspect that may backfire on them over time. What next, a Breguet and Flik Flak mash up?

Judging by the insane queues it seems to have worked!

On 27/03/2022 at 13:04, Lichfield Dean said:

Judging by the insane queues it seems to have worked!

I'm sure it has from the point of view of shifting a few plastic Swatches. But for a brand trying to take on Rolex etc, I'm not sure it's a good move in the long term.

What in the name of God is this monstrosity?

With an astonishing total thickness of 1.80 mm, the Octo Finissimo Ultra is far more than the world’s thinnest mechanical watch. It expresses the desire to go beyond the limits of normality by playing with extremes. Sporting a monochromatic look in sandblasted titanium, the timepiece matches its ultra-thin case with an integrated bracelet, only 1.50 mm thick, while the dial invites a closer look into the depth of the mechanism. A unique QR code offers the ability to connect to a NFT and the metaverse, bridging the mechanical world with that of a digital dimension.

spacer.png

Edited by Lichfield Dean

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I can appreciate the engineering involved, it's not my style though. As for the price, they can shove it.

It has a QR code on the front, linked to an NFT. And that is the dominant feature on the display rather than, you know, the time!!! Eeeurgh.

• Sad 1

Absolutely regret selling my Patek Phillipe Aquanaut when I did. Despite making a 50% gain on what I paid for it, that's a fraction of what they're going for right now. Absolute madness!

Just ordered one of these from the VC boutique, which they suggested will take around 8 - 12 months to arrive, but at least it will at retail price and give me a purchase history with VC.

Vacheron-Constantin-FiftySix-Watch-Revie

Also think I'll get a Tudor Black Bay Pro to replace my Tudor Black Bay Ceramic (which I'll most likely sell on).

Tudor-Black-Bay-Pro-M79470-1.jpg 

• Like 3

On 28/03/2022 at 16:55, Risso said:

I'm sure it has from the point of view of shifting a few plastic Swatches. But for a brand trying to take on Rolex etc, I'm not sure it's a good move in the long term.

I have to admit, I'm genuinely looking forward to getting a MoonSwatch, and it's got me looking at other Omega pieces, notably the Speedmaster 57, which I probably wouldn't have paid as much attention to before.

Edited by StanBalaban

4 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Absolutely regret selling my Patek Phillipe Aquanaut when I did. Despite making a 50% gain on what I paid for it, that's a fraction of what they're going for right now. Absolute madness!

Just ordered one of these from the VC boutique, which they suggested will take around 8 - 12 months to arrive, but at least it will at retail price and give me a purchase history with VC.

Vacheron-Constantin-FiftySix-Watch-Revie

Also think I'll get a Tudor Black Bay Pro to replace my Tudor Black Bay Ceramic (which I'll most likely sell on).

Tudor-Black-Bay-Pro-M79470-1.jpg 

Tudor fan here, brilliant bang for buck brand, that Pro is really nice, not sure about the crown design though, its one of my favourite parts of the BB range normally. 

The VC is stunning Stan, I bet the movement is a work of art.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Tudor fan here, brilliant bang for buck brand, that Pro is really nice, not sure about the crown design though, its one of my favourite parts of the BB range normally. 

The VC is stunning Stan, I bet the movement is a work of art.

Had not really noticed the exposed crown until now, but I'm okay with it. It's the same as on my BB Ceramic, but that might be less noticeable because it's black.

Here's the thing with the VC - the movement on that watch is an in-house design from Horlogere ValFleurier, who are the movement manufacture for Richemont Group (who own VC), but finished, assembled and regulated by VC themselves. Should still be very lovely however.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Had not really noticed the exposed crown until now, but I'm okay with it. It's the same as on my BB Ceramic, but that might be less noticeable because it's black.

Here's the thing with the VC - the movement on that watch is an in-house design from Horlogere ValFleurier, who are the movement manufacture for Richemont Group (who own VC), but finished, assembled and regulated by VC themselves. Should still be very lovely however.

You are right about the crown being the same, I just prefer the look of the heritage crown more.

Just spotted this, which is close to being a stunner, however, I'm always critical of some part of the design, very few watches are perfect, subjective of course. On this I'd rather the lume paint on the indices and hands matched the chrono dials, its a tad busy as is, fix them and I'd be on the list.

Tudor Black Bay Chrono S&G

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

You are right about the crown being the same, I just prefer the look of the heritage crown more.

Just spotted this, which is close to being a stunner, however, I'm always critical of some part of the design, very few watches are perfect, subjective of course. On this I'd rather the lume paint on the indices and hands matched the chrono dials, its a tad busy as is, fix them and I'd be on the list.

Tudor Black Bay Chrono S&G

You've got me looking over the crown designs on my watches now! I have a no-date Submariner which, to me, it pretty close to being the perfect watch - one that I'll never look to sell. Just love it, much more than I did the Aquanaut. 

I put myself on the wishlist for the white dial BB Chrono with the fabric strap. A great alternative to the Daytona, but I think for me the Omega Speedmaster 57 takes-up that mantle now.

img-search-SP57.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

You've got me looking over the crown designs on my watches now! I have a no-date Submariner which, to me, it pretty close to being the perfect watch - one that I'll never look to sell. Just love it, much more than I did the Aquanaut. 

I put myself on the wishlist for the white dial BB Chrono with the fabric strap. A great alternative to the Daytona, but I think for me the Omega Speedmaster 57 takes-up that mantle now.

img-search-SP57.jpg

The best!

Not so keen on 57 speedy from any pics seen, might change opinion of it in the flesh of course.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Could watch this video over and over. It's mesmerising.

Brilliant technical achievement, lovely detailing and outstanding finishing, particularly the polishing. Bet its out of our price range, just a hunch 😁

Â