Match Thread

wedge

Many of you guys going tonight?

Despite being rather pissed off after the Newcastle game, I've decided to go to this one. There's something I absolutely love about Autumnal evening kick offs at Villa Park, plus I'll actually be able to get into the Holte suite for once.

ireland has to start tonight in my opinion.

Yep, anyone else get the feeling that McLeish is teasing him a little? I mean just drip feeding him Premier League minutes until he is really ready to burst, then hopefully he will be back to what we know he can be?

I'm taking the lad tonight and sitting on the front row of the Trinity near the Holte. Judging by the select-a-seat there should be getting on for 30k there.

We normally batter these at VP because they always defend far too high and we get in behind. Hope for the same tonight. I reckon it'll be a strong team as McLeish will want to win the League cup.

I'm gutted I can't go tonight. Band practice 7-11!

I'll be checking the scores between songs though!!!

I'd play...

--------------- Guzan ---------------

Hutton -- Collins - Dunne --- Clark

---------- Ireland - Delph ---------

Albrighton --- Bannan --- N'Zogbia

---------------- Gabby --------------

A strong team, giving Ireland, Bannan, Marc and Clark a run out. Resting Bent, Petrov & Warnock.

Though the midfield looks weak defensively, Delph, Ireland and Bannan can hopefully pull the strings to ensure we score more than we let in!

Like others, I'd really like to see Gardner get a run-out as well