Match Thread

wedge

Far too many first team starters playing against a team in horrific form in a not-terribly-important (imo, anyway) match. Really need to get Guzan some game time, because with Given's injury proneness, never know when he might have to come into the side, and what's happened to Baker and Clark?

Big night for Ireland, Bannan & Fonzy

Have Bolton fielded the A Team ?

Not quite, but a decent team.

Bolton v Villa: Bogdan, Steinsson, Cahill, Muamba, Eagles, Holden, Gardner, Prtley, N'Gog, Kakuta, Wheater. Subs: Robinson, Tuncy, Petrov, Davies, K Davies, M Blake, Jaaskelainen

Far too many first team starters playing against a team in horrific form in a not-terribly-important (imo, anyway) match. Really need to get Guzan some game time, because with Given's injury proneness, never know when he might have to come into the side, and what's happened to Baker and Clark?

Really? I'd say the cups are of high importance considering we're very unlikely to achieve much in the league.

Good team, my only concern is Guzan not playing. Needs to get some gamtime so he is ready if called upon.

Oh, and I would have played N'Zogbia as I think there is only one way he is going to find form and that isn't being sat on the bench.

This is the one trophy we can actually win

It should be a TOP priority

Agreed, throwing away the cup last season was really disappointing so hopefully we go for them this year

jesus the way some people go on about the city game you'd swear it was the final and we were playing their under 16s

it was the quarter **** finals lads. against a very good city team, and we were just off the back of a serious run of injuries and very much fighting for premiership survival

This feels verfy weird.

In nearly 30 yrs I have never missed a home game by choice.Since 1988 I missed Man City at home in 2001 - due to work (couldnt get time off) , this season I missed Wolves (as my brother got married) and I missed Hereford as I had to pick my family up from the airport.

In 23 yrs - thats it.

And then you have tonight - I just couldn't be bothered, its as simple as that. I live 60 mile away, thats 30 quid petrol, me and the kids , 20 quid entry, and as I am nights, I would have to have a night off work.

For the first time ever, I thought "the Villa aint worth it". I feel gutted I feel like that , i really do, but its how I felt.

However, of course I hope we win, and I reckon we will do with the two teams. Lets face it, that should have been the team that finished on Saturday.

2-1 win I reckon. If we lose, this place will be so negative it will be ridiculous