GTA 5

Genie

Torn over waiting for the PC release of this. I'm fairly convinced it'll run pretty rough on consoles, and I'm not sure I can be arsed with that now.

I cant see why it wouldn't run decent on consoles. They already said that most of the footage was captured from PS3. Pc obviously will have better graphics and the ability to mod, but that's the only advantage.

There was a leak on PSN as such, basically users could 'pre-download' the game so when midnight strikes on release date they can play straight away.

Of course, people have managed to get into the files hence the soundtrack leak, icons etc.

No Xbox leak that I know of though so the video is fake, probably made up of different stuff taken from the PSN leak.

Torn over waiting for the PC release of this. I'm fairly convinced it'll run pretty rough on consoles, and I'm not sure I can be arsed with that now.

A lot of people say this about so many games, and it's almost never true. Like Farcry 3 was meant to have big playability problems on console, it had none.

Rockstar have been aiming this game for these consoles for years, why would there biggest release ever run like shit?

I cant see why it wouldn't run decent on consoles. They already said that most of the footage was captured from PS3. Pc obviously will have better graphics and the ability to mod, but that's the only advantage.

A lot of people say this about so many games, and it's almost never true. Like Farcry 3 was meant to have big playability problems on console, it had none.

Rockstar have been aiming this game for these consoles for years, why would there biggest release ever run like shit?

Frame rate issues have plagued the consoles for a couple of years now, especially with games that have large open worlds. You may not notice frame rate when you're playing but once you do notice it, it's incredibly annoying. I don't think there is anyway that Rockstar have managed to make this run well on consoles. I'm sure it'll be totally fine to play but I'm also sure it's going to chug at times and, to be honest, I don't really want that anymore.

Taking the example of Far Cry 3, that game is noticeably worse on console. I've played both the PC and console versions and it's night and day. The console version just isn't as good an experience to play - it's not as pretty, understandably, and the frame rate really struggled, dropping below 20 when things get hairy which will affect gameplay noticeably. Saints Row 4 has the same issue, in that game the frame rate gets so bad it actively makes the game less fun play and harder. Rinse and repeat for Skyrim, etc etc.

GTA5 won't run like shit, but it will struggle at times - it's going to push the consoles to a point they will struggle. It's certain to, games have pushed the consoles capability for a couple of years, at least, and particularly big open worlds. The consoles are too old now, and developers are squeezing them to the point the consoles can't do anymore.

I've got the option of a decent PC, and I want to enjoy the games I want to play at their best... so I might wait for the PC release. If you don't have that option, I'm sure the game will be a brilliant experience on the consoles.

Red Dead ran fine, Max Payne ran fine. It will be fine for most people I'm sure.

Anyway, media blackout for me now, too much stuff happening and leaks are starting to appear and I'm sure will get worse. Not gonna risk it now.

Yeah, so many leaks coming out now even to the point of spoiling the ending. Shame, rockstar have done this well to keep the game a secret till now. Wonder if they will be doing more exclusive stuff with Sony in the future?

Edited by Daniel

The apology from Sony in regards to ballsing up the online pre-order pre-loaded thing, allowing access to the game files (although no one has been able to play it);

‘We sincerely apologise to Rockstar and GTA fans across the world who were exposed to the spoiler content. GTA V is one of the most highly anticipated games of the year with a very passionate following, and we’re looking forward to a historic launch on September 17’.

Teehee. Oops.

Â