Charles N'Zogbia

bickster

Getting better, no doubt about it. And thats not just because we beat Chelsea. He is visibly more comfortable with the players around him and that means alot. Hes lost a but of his confidence since coming here but that will change over time. Stil hoping he can be a big player for us.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is at last improving, it's about time though, shouldn't take half a season to get Wigan out of your system.

takes a while to get used to playing in front of fans ;)

Must have been a shock seeing more than a 1000 fans at a time. That could make any man run and hide! Hopefully the new year brings a new Charles.

I thought he was magnificent yesterday. Mainly because we were passing it out of defence when under pressure instead of just smacking it out hoping to relieve pressure that way. Only towards the end did we start going back to putting 'too' many bodies behind the ball, naturally this doesn't suit N'zog. But come on lads we've been playing well for a few games now and against better opposition, N'zogbia is part of the reasons for this.

Yesterday was a massively better performance than we've seen from him so far - quite possibly because he had an excellent Ireland to spark off, not a luxury he's ever had before - but he is still a bit hit and miss.

I recall at least one occasion when he tried to shoot when passing to Gabby in front of an open goal would have been the obvious option.

Still needs to work a bit better with his colleagues, although his run and pass for the first goal was top quality.

I thought he was magnificent yesterday

Don't see it at quite that level, especially on an attacking basis.

I think he has the potential to be great for us and there were flashes but overall I was frustrated with him more than not yesterday for his positioning. If we started an attack on the right he would be central and there would be no-one wide on the left. Brilliant if we had an overlapping left back but with Warnock it meant too often we looked for the pass left, there was no-one there and we had to come back inside. Of course, no way of knowing if this was him drifting or if that's what he's been told to do.

When he was in position to be an option for us it meant he could do great things like set up the first goal, lead the break that led to Gabby's chance etc. But I think we could have had more of those breaks if he'd been holding wider on the left at times instead of pushing up through the middle.

HOWEVER on all that. what I would say from the last two games is his defensive work has been great. He's worked very, very hard and it's made a difference.

Think he can be a very good player for us - he could do with a goal to get his confidence up and then hopefully we'll see more of the good stuff from the last few games.

Thought he looked good on the highlights...excellent run for the first goal and he also hit an excellent pass to Albrighton for the Gabby chance. Shame Gabby couldn't finish as that counter attack move would've been right up with any we scored in MON's time.

Just needs a goal to really spark him off, tommorrow at the Holte End and we'd have fireworks for the rest of January I reckon.

I feel really sorry for N'Zogbia. He is having to work very, very hard for so little of the ball. Yes his crossing wasnt great today but you can tell he is trying his heart out to make things happen. And then of course he hits an absolute howitzer onto the bar in injury time. Sums it up atm.

Ran up too many blind alleys again today for me.

Just wish when he gets the ball and cuts in the first time he'd then shoot as it infuriates me when he cuts back and then usually loses the ball.

And he's not very good at set pieces is he? Although in fairness I suppose we've been spoilt over the last few years with Young's free kicks and corners.

Since arriving here, I've thought N'Zogbia has had really poor positioning and off-the-ball movement, and today's performance was a new low. He did a few things with the ball at his feet, but by the end of the game I just felt he never looked threatening at all.

Proving to be a waste of money.

You know what really annoys me about this lad? He's constantly frowning and throwing dirty looks, acting like he's got a right to be pissed off.

I swear in the first half, when he ran down the left and crossed in ridiculously high and long, that he actually gestered towards Ireland in the box at the near post, as though it was Ireland's fault or something!

You know what really annoys me about this lad? He's constantly frowning and throwing dirty looks, acting like he's got a right to be pissed off.

I swear in the first half, when he ran down the left and crossed in ridiculously high and long, that he actually gestered towards Ireland in the box at the near post, as though it was Ireland's fault or something!

Yeah, because its possible to jump that high. Ireland wanted it passed to his feet. He blazed it over. Like he does with every free kick.

There have been so many times a simple forward pass will suffice, but rather he's always trying to go for some hollywood goal outside the box.

Â