Liverpool FC in 2011/12

BOF

Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?

• No
    • Yes

"Suarez fouled time & time again now. defenders have carte blanche on kicking him because of his rep. ref was appaling in our game yesterday"

"Corruption is too obvious now seriously."

"Mid table mediocrity and many fans satisfied because we didn't lose. WAKE UP WE ARE BEHIND THE BLUE SHITE"

"I would rather dominate and get a draw today, as we did, than play poorly and scrape a win."

My favourite one :

"Don't worry though, next year the title is all ours"

https://twitter.com/#!/RAWK_Meltdown < who ever runs that account is a genius :lol:

Say what you want about his glorious history but the Dalgish of today is a complete word removed.

He is no different now to he was the first time around he was always a prize prick. The difference now is that the press aren't worried about upsetting him as he is no longer boss of the biggest club in British football.

Fergie is now the one the press bow down to Dalglish and his horrible personality are now seen as fair game.

Say what you want about his glorious history but the Dalgish of today is a complete word removed.

He is no different now to he was the first time around he was always a prize prick. The difference now is that the press aren't worried about upsetting him as he is no longer boss of the biggest club in British football.

Fertile is now the one the press bow down to Dalglish and his horrible personality are now seen as fair game.

Yeah, Fergie gets away with it cos he's winning. Dalglish did in the past too.. but not in this spell! Both similar characters I think.

Those lovely LFC supporters are wishing death on Alan Davies on Twitter at the moment, his comments were took out of context regarding hillsborough and as such a group essentially want him dead.

Those lovely LFC supporters are wishing death on Alan Davies on Twitter at the moment, his comments were took out of context regarding hillsborough and as such a group essentially want him dead.

Ah bestest fans in the world.

Davies causes outrage after hitting out at Liverpool over dodging Hillsborough date

Comedian Alan Davies is facing a backlash from fans after mocking Liverpool's insistence that they never play on the anniversary of Hillsborough.

The Arsenal fan was speaking on a podcast when he launched into a rant over the Merseyside club’s refusal to stage matches on April 15 in tribute to the 96 fans that lost their lives on that date in 1989.

The 46-year-old, talking on 'The Tuesday Club', was discussing Liverpool's insistence on playing city rivals Everton this coming Saturday in the FA Cup semi-finals.

It means Chelsea must play their semi-final with Tottenham on the Sunday even though this comes just three days before their Champions League first leg clash with Barcelona.

Davies said: 'Liverpool and the 15th - that gets on my tits that s***. What are you talking about "We won’t play on the day"? Why can’t they?'

The podcast presenter Ian Stone attempted to reason with Davies by saying: ‘Because it’s too sad a memory.’

However, the TV star responded: 'Do they play on the date of the Heysel Stadium disaster? How many dates do they not play on?

'Do Man United play on the date of Munich? Do Rangers play on the date when all their fans died in that disaster whatever year that was - 1971?'

Target: Kenny Dalglish was also criticised by Davies on the podcast

He then turned his anger on Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish, adding: 'Every interview he’s given this season he looks like he wants to headbutt the interviewer. This tight-mouthed, furious, frowning, leaning forward, bitter Glaswegian ranting, "Liverpool FC do not play on April 15th".'

After attempting to impersonate Dalglish, Davies admitted his effort was 'terrible because I hate him'.

Gunners fanatic Davies then turned his fire on arch rivals Spurs by saying: 'What vermin run that club. They always have. Absolute vermin. Scum of the earth.'

Davies took to Twitter to defend his comments, saying Liverpool should be made to play their semi-final on the 15th as it is unfair on Chelsea, but claims he supports the need for a full inquiry into the disaster at Hillsborough 23 years ago.

He said: 'I'm getting tweets from Liverpool fans who have been given the impression that I was disrespectful to those who lost their lives on 15/4/89.

'Many disagree but I feel that the Liverpool v Everton semi-final could be played on Apr 15. Apologies to those upset by that suggestion.

Tragedy: Ninety six Liverpool fans lost their lives on that fateful day in 1989

'I said the Hillsborough disaster was the worst event in modern peacetime history. I was on a terrace listening to a radio as it happened.

'I agree that there must be a full enquiry into Hillsborough but not playing on the 15th doesn't change anything. It's not fair on Chelsea.'

Pundit Stan Collymore hit out at Davies on Twitter, writing: ‘I support the right of any club not to play on days of tragedy at their club. Any club. Don’t mock others right to commemorate tragedy.

‘United, Rangers, Juventus, Liverpool, Bradford and many more. I respect their right to commemorate their clubs by not playing on those dates.

‘And on a podcast, as a celebrity calling Spurs fans vermin is out of order. Banter, great, vermin, no. Doesn’t matter who chooses to play or not to play. That is THEIR choice.’

Here

Liverpool fans in death threat shocker?! It is the natural successor to any event in which someone speaks ill of the club, it's manager or supporters.

Grotty, horrible club.

Liverpool fans in death threat shocker?! It is the natural successor to any event in which someone speaks ill of the club, it's manager or supporters.

Grotty, horrible club.

pretty sure you be next receiving a death threat ;)

I listen to that podcast (it may be an arsenal podcast but it's funny as ****) and I knew those comments would cause controversy.

But they were totally reasonable. He repeatedly expressed his sympathy for the tragedy and didn't show any disrespect.

He was just saying that them insisting not to play on that date was causing a lot of fixture congestion and confusion for everyone else, and he didn't see why they couldn't play on the day.

Also, if they think the comments about Dalglish are disrespectful then they've never listened to any other episode because that was tame compared to most of it!

I agree with him to be honest. It was a disaster, it was horrible, but it was a long time ago now. I don't insist that they move on and forget it, the families of the vicitims will never forget but football must move on and they must be respectful to other teams.

Contrary to what they may think, Liverpool are not special, they are a football club like the rest of us. You won't see Chelsea or anyone else in football coming out in saying it for fear of this kind of mindless backlash from their fans.

The thing is Liverpool are sometimes just like that crazy uncle who it is just better to let have his own way. The dogma which surrounds Hillsborough is impossible to break, it will take another 25 years before people are reasonable about it. Better just to let the baby have its bottle here.

Davies is right about King Kenny though.

And he'd know all about that, wouldnt he? (click)

The "rant" is up on YouTube too.

That clip's a little bit misleading, I think the first 5 minutes are from a different podcast than "the rant" and they've edited it together.

Regardless, I'd be interested to know (this isn't aimed at you, Rev) what exactly is the offensive bit about what he says? As far as I can tell, the worst thing he says is "it's ridiculous that they don't play on that day" which he then explains by showing how it means CHelsea have to play so close to their Champions League game.

That doesn't seem that bad to me.