Liverpool FC in 2011/12

BOF

Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?

• No
    • Yes

when their main sponsor, who pays them £20m a year, come out and say they are "very disappointed with suarez and have had a very robust conversation with the club" you start to see why the owners stepped in!

if they were to say sell him and warrior were to say the same he'd have to go plain and simple no matter how good the fans think he is

FWIW I disagree. I think he has to show humility and perform for the rest of the season without being an asshole. For him I expect that's easier said than done. But I think it's not a totally lost cause and I don't think it's irreparable.

I think the kid is plain stupid, and I wouldn't be shocked if he did something really idiotic again, and soon. He can't handle the spotlight, I think.

You should hear yourself sometimes Trent.

Living in Liverpool as I do, you should hear yourselves tbh. The rest of the footballing world views this in an entirely different light to Liverpool and its fans. LFC, Dalglish and Suarez have spectacularly misjudged this one from the very start of the sorry episode.

And I'm certainly not one of those people that take an instant dislike to LFC nor Dalglish (who I have a lot to be thankful for on a personal level) but you really all should take a step back and take a long hard impartial look at yourselves, you've all let yourselves down. I even know some quite famous Liverpool fans, who are generally considered to be left wing in their outlook that have got caught up in this and taken a completely different side to that which they would have taken had it been any other team.

Take the blinkers off and you'll see that a player made a racist remark (he didn't even deny it), from that point onwards every single action by LFC, Dalglish and the player have been wrong until yesterday. LFC have let themselves down badly and it took American investors in LFC to bring that to a head.

This.

I always cringe and sigh a little when I read one of those impassioned calls to arms from a football fan, making out that their club is somehow unique on the football horizion, that their fans shit doesn't stink and so on. Because ultimately the clubs aren't really different because people aren't really different, especially within one countries borders.

But that one takes the biscuit. It's some of the most vomit inducingly hideous writing on football I've read.

We're forking innocent becorse we're forkin' Liverpoo-ell! And they're dirty lyin' Mancs. We're speshul!

appears to be his argument.

Well...shit.