Predictions and general chat

BOF

The Chargers and Raiders is a joint stadium share bid, the Rams a stand alone bid. Also, the fact that the Rams are LA's original football club, I'm predicting the Rams come home. Sucks for all the fans of course. And what we'll end up seeing is St. Louis will then turn to Oakland and San Diego and try to lure them to Missouri, just like they tried to do with New England after they lost the Cardinals to Arizona. Shitty situation all around. The best thing would have been creating an expansion team.

On 1/4/2016 at 20:39, Milfner said:

Manziel went out on the lash in Vegas yesterday whilst in the concussion protocol and didn't report to the Browns medical team today. God, I hope he never plays in the league again. Dickhead.

Cowboys will probably sign him to be Romo's heir apparent.

On 1/4/2016 at 15:40, Brumerican said:

Sam Bradford , at a push.

The Browns do have the cap room and the second pick.  If they offered the pick to the Saints for Brees and Payton, the Saints would listen.

• Like 1

Only Conference/Super Bowl futures that look worth playing are Bengals to win AFC at 9-1 (which is really a play on them beating Pittsburgh: if they can beat the Steelers, they'll take care of the Chiefs, Broncos and/or Patriots), Cardinals to win NFC at 9-4, and Cardinals to win Super Bowl at 9-2 (all prices quoted from Nitrogen).  Those are the only teams that lack a really weak link squad-wise combined with solid coaching.

I do think Belichick wanted to avoid the Steelers until the AFCCG, simply because the Steelers main weakness is an atrocious secondary, but they won't get punished for that by the Broncos (who are too vanilla to exploit that) or Bengals, but it's a fatal flaw against the Patriots.

Am I the only one scratching my head over the Buccs firing Lovie Smith?

They get their QB in the draft. Have 2 stud WR (if VJAX is back), second best RB in the league counting yards. goes from 2 to 6 wins. Coach is a defensive thinker so one would assume he'll get the D in order to match the talent on O. He gets only 2 years.

No, just no, I don't get it

You'd hope they know that, and even if they agreed to let's say the Raiders and Rams, if I was the Rams owner I'd back out in that scenario.  There's no way they'd win that battle.

Am I the only one scratching my head over the Buccs firing Lovie Smith?

They get their QB in the draft. Have 2 stud WR (if VJAX is back), second best RB in the league counting yards. goes from 2 to 6 wins. Coach is a defensive thinker so one would assume he'll get the D in order to match the talent on O. He gets only 2 years.

No, just no, I don't get it

Only hypothesis that makes sense, especially given the timing, which will prevent them from interviewing playoff coaches, is that their OC, Dirk Koetter, got an offer from another team and they need to promote him to keep him for Winston.

8 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Would it be fair/accurate to mention the D word about the Seahawks if we win the SB this year?

2 wins in 3 years (and 3 appearances in a row)

A part of me hopes the squawks make the SB just so I get to see them choke at the death again :D

Edited by tonyh29

So we are officially going back to the worst rated QB in the league for the divisional round.

I'm not feeling it. (On the other hand, I don't think Brock would take to the SB either)

12 hours ago, Tegis said:

So we are officially going back to the worst rated QB in the league for the divisional round.

I'm not feeling it. (On the other hand, I don't think Brock would take to the SB either)

I think they had to go back to Manning as Brock was starting to show he's not ready yet. It'll be interesting to see how Manning goes after another week's rest.

It'll be disaster. Too much rest is worse than no rest at all IMO. I remember with the Colts, they'd often get 1st round byes, Peyton would basically not play in week 17, get a bye week 18 - so there was pretty much a 3 week gap between games, it obviously didn't help.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I would doubt that.

That isn't a 'they shouldn't be a playoff team' slant because they're clearly good, but I doubt any number 1 seed has had the QB drama you're having.

On 8/1/2016 at 19:10, StefanAVFC said:

That isn't a 'they shouldn't be a playoff team' slant because they're clearly good, but I doubt any number 1 seed has had the QB drama you're having.

Apologies for my initially overly-glib response.  I know you didn't mean we shouldn't be a playoff side.  What I meant was that I think our defence alone makes us better than some #1 seeds from the past.

Â