Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Played OK against Reading and I think anyone who saw his performance would say that. Not sure anyone is getting over excited or having a 'wankfest' tbh.  It is too early to judge him, but we shouldn't be writing him off either. He has ability and some good attributes. Hopefully Bruce will get more out of him in a 3 - the team desperately needs a strong midfield and it would be nice to see one of our own do well.

12 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Played OK against Reading and I think anyone who saw his performance would say that. Not sure anyone is getting over excited or having a 'wankfest' tbh.  It is too early to judge him, but we shouldn't be writing him off either. He has ability and some good attributes. Hopefully Bruce will get more out of him in a 3 - the team desperately needs a strong midfield and it would be nice to see one of our own do well.

utzTCyo.png

20 hours ago, villaglint said:

He played two decent passes, had one pretty tame shot and one which was traveling but immediately blocked after a corner. 

Other than that he was pretty invisible for long long periods of the game. I would love to see him do well and maybe with a run he might do. But I honestly don't think he will. 

If had to evaluate him today.

His passing is pretty good. 

His shooting is very good.

His basic technique is basic. 

He works hard without covering a lot of ground in the way some modern midfielders do. 

He cannot press to save his life. His idea of pressing is to run up to the player and not get beat as if you were playing five a side. If someone gets in his ear and has a go at him he runs up to the player too fast an fouls him. 

I wish Gary would teach him how to tackle. 

He put in a shift last night don't get me wrong but I'm surprised people are getting excited about that performance because other than two decent and let's face it pretty straight forward passes he was very anonymous. 

Get hold of yourself, the line quoted by someone earlier... he gets into the box after the pass to ayew! 

Keep youre negativity away from this club please, no time for it

58 minutes ago, antonvillage said:

Get hold of yourself, the line quoted by someone earlier... he gets into the box after the pass to ayew! 

Keep youre negativity away from this club please, no time for it

Usually very positive but I have to say it as I see it. Everyone coo'ing over Gardner but for me it was nothing special. 

Just an opinion, might as well get used to them because for some reason this site is full of them. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

i know it should be a new thread ,but I just can't be arsed .and anyway , his name is Gary so it's not totally out of place . I'm on about Gary Thompson ( Bruno ) whose " Villa till I die " video I saw today . Anyone remember his hat - trick against the noses ?.                                                                                                                                                It was touching to hear him extolling his love for all things Villa . Nothing but love for the Bruno fella .

On 20 October 2016 at 15:05, sheepyvillian said:

Who the hell is this Gary ,who teaches tackling .

Glad to hear it, didn't see the game but nice to hear positive things. Also central to our winning run so what more can you say. 

30 yard winner against the Blues and this thread can reach its climax. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

Â