Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

what's so funny about that?

TBH, Ive past caring whether your on the winde up or not. Its too funny. Ive just taken POB's advice and read the 'Ethan Moore' thread for the first time. In absolute tears. Whether you are on the winde-up or a complete numpty (and its one of the two btw), your a genius in your own way and I agree with the statement above saying the forum just wouldnt be the same without you.

FWIW though. I know 2 things about last nights game. We won 3-0 and Gardner scored all 3. Im not a rocket scientist but something tells me he was half decent.

It is Coventry he is going on loan too. He'll be helping them fight relegation for at least a month (January 3rd is when his loan spell comes to an end). I have mixed feelings about this loan, I was hoping that McLiesh would give him game time for Villa this month. Hopefully though he can come back at the start of next year and get straight into our side. Might be more interesting watching Coventry for the next month than VIlla.

COVENTRY City manager Andy Thorn appears to have held on to Lukas Jutkiewicz – for the time being – and landed an Aston Villa midfielder ahead of the loan window shutting.

England Under-21 midfielder Gary Gardner is due to sign on loan from Aston Villa today (Thursday).

Despite Coventry City’s tight finances, the Sky Blues have seen off competition from Leeds to secure the services of the highly-rated 19-year-old who bagged a hat-trick for Villa in their 3-0 win over Ajax in the NextGen tournament for Europe’s top academies on Tuesday night, sending them through to the quarter-finals.

The 6ft 2ins central midfield talent also scored a brace England Under-21s in the last two minutes against Iceland after going on as a second-half sub in the 5-0 win earlier this month.

The younger brother of Craig, who moved to Sunderland for £6million from Birmingham City in the summer, Gardner comes from Solihull and is keen to get Championship experience as he continues his progression towards Villa’s first team set-up.

“I am delighted to get him,” said Thorn of the player, who was due at Ryton this morning to complete an initial one-month loan that will take him to January 3.

“Although I have been looking for a bit of experience, this was an opportunity I couldn’t pass up because Gary is such a talented lad.

"He’s over 6ft, has got a great engine, can tackle and he scores goals from midfield.

"He’s an England Under-21 international and a proper talent and we’ve beaten off a host of other clubs to get him because he likes to play football and likes the way we play, so he should be a good addition for us.”

Big coup for Coventry, landing our best midfielder :D .

Coventry Telegraph

I suppose that explains the 'no time soon' comment he allegedly made after the Ajax match.

Another is that he is still in a 'fragile' state after his serious injury last year. If so a move to the hurly burly of the championship seems a little odd.

Hopefully he will impress down there - I must admitt a 3 month lonth, as we go into a tough period of fixtures ourselves - seems questionable to me. I wonder if it is to quell the clamour for first team action.

Anyone know if we have recall on this loan ?

Question for SGC, have you actually seen Gardner play or are you judging him on a poor warm up you saw?

saw him last night in the nextgen, thought he was awful bar the goals

Is this the first/only time you have seen him play? Or have you seen him a number of times?

I suppose that explains the 'no time soon' comment he allegedly made after the Ajax match.

Another is that he is still in a 'fragile' state after his serious injury last year. If so a move to the hurly burly of the championship seems a little odd.

Hopefully he will impress down there - I must admitt a 3 month lonth, as we go into a tough period of fixtures ourselves - seems questionable to me. I wonder if it is to quell the clamour for first team action.

Anyone know if we have recall on this loan ?

Its a one month loan. Hopefully back for FA Cup 3rd round!

Â